Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those thinking of canceling their order.... I just filled out another Model S LR order online today (without completion) just to see where deliveries fall, it showed November 2022. I feel really lucky that mine only took 7 months. 😃
Yup!! Still excited though! Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• A86396FD-BAD3-4696-8678-16D1144DB0E4.jpeg
    A86396FD-BAD3-4696-8678-16D1144DB0E4.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 2,046
Haha. This is our 4th but we do one at a time which is enough for me. He will be 4 years old in January. I'm actually thinking of investing the 90K into Tesla stock but my son (the Tesla owner - Model YP) is advising against it as too risky. 😰
Only dog I’ve ever had. The trick is to get a new one when the current one is coming up on his expiration date. Seem less transition.

Replace the word “risky”, with volatile and it’s an easier buy. 😀

Merry Christmas!

I just got a call with the exact story you shared above for a MF430 VIN too! I heard these were the bastard cars stuck at the Fremont lot for having one issue or another. Mine is scheduled for delivery next week. Did you notice any issues / imperfections with your car since pick up? Would you advise to proceed or walk away? Also do you see anything in your Carfax records on repairs being made?
Just the rear seat latch was broken, getting fixed when I’m back in country. Other than that this car is stellar!

It seems that people who ordered July range and live In west coast had their EDD Jan-Feb while people at east coast have their EDD to March-April.
I ordered in early July. RN1152. I was in Zurich earlier in the week and received a text saying my car was ready for pick up. I explained that I wouldn't be back to California until late on Christmas Eve, and the Tesla delivery team responded by asking if I could pick up the car on Christmas day. I said yes and took delivery yesterday afternoon. NF463. Strange delivery experience at the factory, but the car looks pretty good (two panel gaps and missing floor mats). This MS is my fourth new Tesla and none of have perfect.

From time to time I keep thinking about the Plaid. Every time I do, I keep coming back to my LR as being the better option for us. For grins I checked how many Plaids are in inventory. In a 200 mile radius of where I am at, I stopped counting at 20 Plaids in stock. There were quite a few more but didn't bother to count.

So either the demand for the Plaid has fallen off a cliff or Tesla is doing a massive pump and dump to drive up year end revenue. Maybe both. I don't ever recall seeing that many MS anything in stock for the previous gen. A lot of them are 2021 models too. I wonder if they will ever price cut them to move.

Reactions: IamGaryGnu
It seems that people who ordered July range and live In west coast had their EDD Jan-Feb while people at east coast have their EDD to March-April.
Yep, you nailed it.
Well, I got my Christmas present, a bag of coal dust and my EDD pushed from 25 - 31 Dec to January 12 - February 9. Thanks Tesla for nothing as a long time owner/supporter. Nothing but crap and disappointment from Tesla. Can't express how upset I am at this bit of bad news.

From time to time I keep thinking about the Plaid. Every time I do, I keep coming back to my LR as being the better option for us. For grins I checked how many Plaids are in inventory. In a 200 mile radius of where I am at, I stopped counting at 20 Plaids in stock. There were quite a few more but didn't bother to count.

So either the demand for the Plaid has fallen off a cliff or Tesla is doing a massive pump and dump to drive up year end revenue. Maybe both. I don't ever recall seeing that many MS anything in stock for the previous gen. A lot of them are 2021 models too. I wonder if they will ever price cut them to move.
When I picked up Model S on December 16th at one of the Chicago offices, I saw several Plaids and a bunch of Model YPs that were on the outside lot and used for test drives. Yes, I believe they made more of the high end models that were not sold or less likely they had a bunch of canceled orders on the high end models. Probably trying to maximize sales dollars for end of the year although the inside showroom was a big empty space.

Reactions: GassyBabyBlue
I get the NHTSA. Do we really need video games in the front seat while driving?

As someone who was at one time thinking of dropping my order because the yoke was forced on us with no other option, after finally taking delivery and driven about 250 miles, I have come to really like the yoke and the turn signal buttons.

I don't believe it makes the Model S "unsafe". Give it a chance. You might like it.

What do other drivers with yoke experience think?

Is anyone buying the expensive third party steering wheel and changing out the yoke?
I've got close to 500 miles on my MS. The first few days using the yoke seemed a bit awkward, but I've since become a fan. Because of where I hold the yoke, I find the button turn signals more convenient than stalks. As a result, I use them more frequently. With the new blind spot camera feature in the latest software update, I suspect I'll use the turn signals even more.

For those who are upset and disappointed for delays in receiving your new Tesla Model S or Plaid, I get it. I patiently waited 7 months for delivery while my first EDD showed 3 month wait and during that 7 month wait I saw many carts delivered with shorter wait times than mine. And also a few with much longer wait times than mine. We probably still have a few that are in the 12 month wait range on the forum.

But I am also really thankful that we are all healthy and successful in our lives to the point that we can afford to buy a $100K or more car without worrying about car payments. I reflect back to the early days. In 1969, I paid $75 for my first car, a used 1962 Corvair Monza. It drank a quart of oil every week and one time I hit a bump in the road and the engine dropped out and dragged on the pavement until the car stopped moving.

In the late 1970s, I had a 1963 Comet with rotted out floor where the front seat mounts broke loose from the rusted out floor. I was driving that with a card table chair for the drivers seat until I upgraded to another beater.

Thinking about people at bottom who are just getting by living paycheck to paycheck, makes it much easier to chill about my own 1st world problems. Hopefully that will help you all chill as well.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! (photo of my dog in the dark on Christmas Eve 😁)

Attachments

• IMG_7036.jpg
    IMG_7036.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 125
RN1147 April order here. I’m now at March-April MSM/blk so I’m not sure the interior is the problem. Trying to find any pattern or method in this madness will drive a person insane. I know from experience.
I deeply feel your pain. I started this process with Plaid+ order and then changed to LR when the Plaid+ with 4680 batteries went away. Tesla is terrible at communicating back to customers on why their orders keep getting delayed. My SA will not return calls and never responds to emails so they have a very serious communication problem. I love Tesla but this experience has left a very bad taste in my mouth.