Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RN1147 April order here. I’m now at March-April MSM/blk so I’m not sure the interior is the problem. Trying to find any pattern or method in this madness will drive a person insane. I know from experience.
How long has it been sitting at Mar/April? Did you make any changes to your config since the original order?

I have no idea what process Tesla follows since I know that there are July orders in my area getting their cars with white interiors (which I ordered). My config is a white ext/white int, which I haven’t heard someone getting in the WA state thread. However, this sounds like a pretty common color combo so I have no idea why my May order isn’t getting much love.

Yours looks outta whack though.

I deeply feel your pain. I started this process with Plaid+ order and then changed to LR when the Plaid+ with 4680 batteries went away. Tesla is terrible at communicating back to customers on why their orders keep getting delayed. My SA will not return calls and never responds to emails so they have a very serious communication problem. I love Tesla but this experience has left a very bad taste in my mouth.
MSM/Cream with 19s will be a beautiful car. That was my 2nd choice for color and close to my first choice. Since taking delivery, I have decided that I like the 19s without the wheel covers. I just have to get the right center hub covers. 21s look great but not in our mid-west city where all streets have potholes and curbs are unfriendly. I think the new (coming soon) Tesla mud flaps might be in order as well.

Attachments

• IMG_7021.jpg
    IMG_7021.jpg
    554.6 KB · Views: 99
After one year to the day since ordering, gorgeous W/C/19 MSLR was delivered and is flawless, except expected two missing inside trunk pieces. Gen-3 60A/240V charging at home (shows 45 mph rate), charging at Supercharger (rate off the charts), OTA updates, all working perfectly. Technology is mind-blowing. It is a beast. Thanks to everyone this last year for support, help, and encouragement. Wasn't sure it would be worth the wait, but it definitely is. Happy new year!

Attachments

• IMG_9584.jpg
    IMG_9584.jpg
    708.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
After one year to the day since ordering, gorgeous W/C/19 MSLR was delivered and is flawless, except expected two missing inside trunk pieces. Gen-3 60A/240V charging at home (shows 45 mph rate), charging at Supercharger (rate off the charts), OTA updates, all working perfectly. Technology is mind-blowing. It is a beast. Thanks to everyone this last year for support, help, and encouragement. Wasn't sure it would be worth the wait, but it definitely is. Happy new year!
Congrats! That's a very long wait.

Gen 3 charge rate says 34 mph on the Tesla website when I bought it. Is that maybe for the pre-refresh MS?

Reactions: golonoro
In

Due to the 60Amp outlet. Your might be 40Amp
I have 60amp breaker for sure. My friend's M3LR charged at 48amp (about 44mph) on the Gen 3 wall charger in my garage. I don't have my MS to test this yet, but I was referring to the table on the wall connector specs site which says 34 mph for the MS. It sounds like @Almost saw 45mph on his. Unless I misread something or not understanding how charging works 😁

1640580682537.png

I have 60amp breaker for sure. My friend's M3LR charged at 48amp (about 44mph) on the Gen 3 wall charger in my garage. I don't have my MS to test this yet, but I was referring to the table on the wall connector specs site which says 34 mph for the MS. It sounds like @Almost saw 45mph on his. Unless I misread something or not understanding how charging works 😁

'22 MSLR is reported to be charging at 48A (60A/240V Gen-3) at 45 mph. Will post a pic next charge...

Reactions: MEL-22 and ShanVan
RN 1154, Fremont pickup. Got pushed back from 1/19-2/16 to 3/10-4/7 last night. Given the pattern of delivering local orders at EOQ and my previous EOQ EDDs, I'm surprised it isn't 3/10-3/31.

Frustrated at this last bump as it pushes beyond the "February" EDD at order time. But I understand there's many here that have waited far longer. Hoping it means a factory retooling and a better product.

Reactions: GassyBabyBlue
RN 1154, Fremont pickup. Got pushed back from 1/19-2/16 to 3/10-4/7 last night. Given the pattern of delivering local orders at EOQ and my previous EOQ EDDs, I'm surprised it isn't 3/10-3/31.

Frustrated at this last bump as it pushes beyond the "February" EDD at order time. But I understand there's many here that have waited far longer. Hoping it means a factory retooling and a better product.
As many have observed previously EDD starts to matter when it narrows to less than 4 weeks range in dates. So you're still likely next quarter EOQ if not sooner.

Had a VIN and a pickup appt for this week, both removed, and now pushed back with another 4 week spread (Jan 5 - 31).

I feel like I have the worst combination- earlier order (1146), white, cream, 19”, east coast (PA).

Maybe by the time I get my next VIN there will be a hardware improvement that will allow it to hover, with the requisite fart noise enhancement. 😊

As many have observed previously EDD starts to matter when it narrows to less than 4 weeks range in dates. So you're still likely next quarter EOQ if not sooner.
Yeah agreed that the EDD range I have is still pretty meaningless. I'll note though that I've been narrowed to a 2 week EOQ EDD range previously.

I was more referring to earlier speculation in this thread that Tesla pushes West Coast deliveries from EOQ to EOQ in order to prioritize farther deliveries earlier each quarter. Since I had some EDD ranges that were pretty clearly EOQ (12/16-12/31, 12/14-12/31), I thought the monkey would hand me an EDD range that ended in 3/31. But we shall see...

Talked to my delivery center today on my monthly sojourn there to look things over. My edd changed this morning from Feb 25 to Mar 25 to Jan 24 to Feb 24. My build date changed from Jan 1 to Jan 14 to 21. The Tesla rep said they are probably shutting the factory for 10 to 14 days at the beginning of the year. I knew they wouldn't build anything on new years day, so if the factory shuts down for a few weeks, I'll be built right after it starts up again. That could be a good thing or a bad thing.

The delivery center was very quiet today with an almost empty parking lot. There were 3 model S. 1 is an msm plaid that is an inventory car for sale and you can have it today if want. The other 2 were LR blue cream and blue white with 19 inch wheels. They both have Pirelli summer tires on them (yikes)!. One was being delivered while I was there, the other had been prepped and was just waiting for it's new owner to arrive.

i brought this up with the SA and he said my records are annotated to have the AS tires. We'll see.

Anyway, I am of the opinion I should have the car by the end of January to the middle or end of February. Which agrees with the edd I got this morning. Or not.