Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feedback Please! I received a text from Tesla saying they can match me to a car in MN before the New Year. Seems odd, since I requested pick up in IL when I placed the order. If I recall, I thought others received a phone call to elaborating in more detail from their SA. My Tesla Account has no VIN and still shows Jan/Feb delivery. Thoughts?
Ask for the VIN and Date of Manufacture. Make sure NF (2022) and not an older MF (2021) VIN with an early year build date. If built in Nov 21 or later, and they don't try to change the price on you, I would contact Tesla and take it.

IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED GOT MY VIN @ 5:01PM!!!!!! ITS A NF460XXX VIN. IT HAS BEEN A LONG LABOR & THE BABY IS COMING HOME SOON :)

All right, folks I do have an update for all of you waiting out there! Its been over 2 weeks since I received my Model S LR (Dec 9th). Yes, I have already driven it over 1600 miles. This car is absolutely fun to drive over my previous 2018 Model S 75D & 2020 Model Y. Acceleration is amazing, handling is superb even on 19inch wheels. I have driven it to the mountains of South Lake Tahoe CA & in the snow on Pirelllis stock tires they did perform OK as the roads were clean with lite snow on the ground. Did not carry chains but its recommended for these tires overall, it performed well. It took me couple of days getting used to Yoke steering, no big deal. For all of you folks waiting out there its worth a wait this is nothing like you have driven before! On my way up to Tahoe I was racing a Porche Taycan, Tesla's acceleration was still the best ;)

Picked up this beauty this afternoon. Absolutely love it. No missing parts and everything looks good. Acceleration is amazingly fast but I didn't try many times due to the not so well road condition here in Seattle area. Had to reschedule my pick up once due to the same reason. I also expected that the camera calibration would take much longer due to unclear lines and everything, but it turned out to be pretty quick, like 15 miles.

The car was still covered with some snow when I got home. I have to thank the amazing people from the Renton dealer to keep my car in good condition in such weather.

Attachments

• tesla.jpg
    tesla.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 96
I get the NHTSA. Do we really need video games in the front seat while driving?

As someone who was at one time thinking of dropping my order because the yoke was forced on us with no other option, after finally taking delivery and driven about 250 miles, I have come to really like the yoke and the turn signal buttons.

I don't believe it makes the Model S "unsafe". Give it a chance. You might like it.

What do other drivers with yoke experience think?

Is anyone buying the expensive third party steering wheel and changing out the yoke?
800 miles and counting. I absolutely love the yoke, especially when full sending it, makes the car easier to control imo.

EDD updated today, 1/2-1/28
Once upon a time, in a state far, far away from California, there was a guy who ordered a Tesla Model S Long Range (Red/Cream/FSD/19") on May 11 2021.

Seven and a half months later, his Estimated Delivery Date shows 3/1 - 3/29.

Before that, his EDD was TBD for almost a week.
Before that, his EDD was 12/22 - 12/28 for a few days.
Before that, he had a VIN, which was taken away the next day. His delivery was scheduled for 12/27, and continued to display that way for 3 days, even though the VIN was gone.
Before that, his EDD was 12/22 - 12/28.
Before that, his EDD was 1/13 - 2/10.
Before that, his EDD was 12/10 - 12/31.
Before that, his EDD was 11/29 - 12/10.
Before that, his EDD was 11/13 - 11/29.
Before that, it was sometime in October.

The moral of this story: don't trust Tesla's EDD. You'll get the car when you'll get the car. And then you'll live happily ever after.

I think you're the second early Jan EDD I have seen in as many days. Unless its for cars manufactured this week, this almost suggests there's no factory shutdown coming. Here's wishful thinking. Who said I can't dream?
The SA I spoke with a couple of weeks ago said I should get an update 1st week of January, and car by third week. He seemed knowledgeable, but SA may be short for say anything. No indication of shut down.

• Funny
Reactions: JeffN
It is strange that my original late October 2021 order which started with a delivery in June, flip/flopped back and forth to March/April has now stuck in "June" for over a month now.

June is the same as if I were to place an order today. Sorta sucks, but seems strange to me.