Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soft matches are nothing more than a way to get you to keep your order and wet your appetite. I recall a conversation I had with a Tesla rep at the Westmont Illinois store around July of 2020. He told me plain out that you won’t know anything until you receive your VIN number and at that time and that time only, can you expect to receive your delivery date for your car. No soft matches, no back system hack, no anticipated window that “looks good” and certainly no escalated knowledge based on the persons in store job duty. Everyone in the store knows the same as everyone else. When you say tell me something about my order, they simply pull up your order, the same order as you already see, and then pull out the “feed ’em this line this time” nonsense. I would have really rather heard since June that “we don’t know”, then having been told more times than I can remember that ”your car is being built”.
Yep, and even then we are seeing VINs removed and reassigned for faster/quicker deliveries.

Still waiting for a VIN here too. Still says December 29-31. I am giving that a 1% chance of happening. Granted, I haven't called or talked to a single person this entire time. I will probably call today. Is it recommended to call your service center directly or is there a better number to call? Thanks!
SA have about as much insight as the janitorial staff. I do enjoy reading all SA conversations members have, anything said is just an effort to get you off the phone.

Completely agree with this. They have no insight. I actually appreciate my SA telling me that he knows nothing more than I do
Yep, also agree, talked to Tesla two days ago about why they continuously yank my EDD after reaching the front end of EDD (3 times now). It was obvious he did not want to talk and just get me off the phone. I let him know the lack of communication from Tesla back to customers was horrendous and he only stated that there was a high degree of probability of more EDD delays with the parts shortages Tesla is dealing with. Noone knows anything and the SA's are next to useless at this point in providing useful feedback. This has been one long nightmare for me and I am sure lots of you folks on the TMC.

My white/white LR, April order is scheduled for delivery tomorrow and looking good so far.
Got an automated call asking me to confim my delivery appointment. An hour later got a call saying due to logistical issues my delivery date has been pushed back and to expect delivery by end of January.

VIN unassigned in Tesla account. And it’s showing a date range of Jan 5-9 there. If any of you get VIN 5YJSA1E55NF463292, that was my car.

Sold my temporary Model 3 days ago. This is the second time Tesla left me car-less during this Model S BS.

Got an automated call asking me to confim my delivery appointment. An hour later got a call saying due to logistical issues my delivery date has been pushed back and to expect delivery by end of January.

VIN unassigned in Tesla account. And it’s showing a date range of Jan 5-9 there. If any of you get VIN 5YJSA1E55NF463292, that was my car.

Sold my temporary Model 3 days ago. This is the second time Tesla left me car-less during this Model S BS.
Guessing it went to someone in CA?

Reactions: fsabek and LiveSai
Ordered early November. EDD showed April, then March, then November, then June for the past month. Got a call today that a MSLR matching my spec was available for delivery tomorrow. Ummm. That's some short notice even from the Tesla Monkey. Especially since I'm out of town for a couple more weeks. And don't have funding set up as yet. And don't have insurance. So, I had to decline. The sales advisor was pleasant and said he'd put me back in the queue for late January. Never even got a chance to check the VIN for 2021 or 2022. Another day in the life of a Tesla customer.
This kinda makes me mad. I also live in Houston Texas and have a similar config as you and ordered on July RN1152, yet I had no contact from my useless SA about any soft match like you did. I told them if their was a config same OR similar than mine that contact me for a soft match.

Reactions: LiveSai
I do think that that is mostly accurate. There is definitely a 'soft match,' but that is fed by the exact same system. Still mostly pointless I think. I just called and my car is supposedly scheduled to leave the factory on the 31st. I'll have to see that to believe it. The whole system is kind absurd, but we've all known that this whole time.

Still crazy to me that I even have the potential to get a car earlier than a lot of other even with a relatively high RN1157.
i ordered a white on white LR 19'' no FSD december 13th, and i also have the same EDD like yours 12/29-12/31, im in irvine, OC;
even now its still that range, we will see if it got pushed after tonight.

Long time lurker. Ordered July, 1153 white/black, 21s, no FSD. EDD Jan 15-Feb 12. SA just texted and offered Plaid. Black/white. No discount, incentives or anything (shocker). I passed. Minutes later, he texted that a Black/black LR, 19s was available for immediate delivery. I drove to the center and took a look. I noticed a few dings, but they said all that would be taken care of before delivery. I was told it became available because financing fell through for the previous buyer. I'm holding out. P.S. He said that 21 inch wheels have been getting delivered with summer tires. Btw, I'm in CO.