Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an automated call asking me to confim my delivery appointment. An hour later got a call saying due to logistical issues my delivery date has been pushed back and to expect delivery by end of January.

VIN unassigned in Tesla account. And it’s showing a date range of Jan 5-9 there. If any of you get VIN 5YJSA1E55NF463292, that was my car.

Sold my temporary Model 3 days ago. This is the second time Tesla left me car-less during this Model S BS.
Also called back to complain about how they keep tricking me into selling my car and leaving me car-less. Asked if they can provide a loaner and was told no.

They did say my order was marked in the system as “priority”. Whatever that meant.

• Funny
Reactions: LiveSai
Also called back to complain about how they keep tricking me into selling my car and leaving me car-less. Asked if they can provide a loaner and was told no.

They did say my order was marked in the system as “priority”. Whatever that meant.
“Priority” is synonymous with “in line with everyone else” or is a term used to make you feel special for 2 months before you need to call Tesla and complain again.

i ordered a white on white LR 19'' no FSD december 13th, and i also have the same EDD like yours 12/29-12/31, im in irvine, OC;
even now its still that range, we will see if it got pushed after tonight.
I’m happy for you but this is also ridiculous to many of us waiting 7+ months. I have same spec waiting since May…
I know others waiting probably even longer.

Reactions: bhakan and TheMacc
I’m happy for you but this is also ridiculous to many of us waiting 7+ months. I have same spec waiting since May…
I know others waiting probably even longer.
im not happy because like some of the guys here said, they might just give you that date to wet the appetite, so you dont lose interest and feel the waiting gets too long, right now i have to wake up so early every morning just in case they call me so i dont miss the call, really bad timing right now as its holiday seasons, i dont feel festive at all

btw do you know the price for a full coverage insurance on model s, do you plan to do modifications like wrap, would they be covered by insurance or tesla as well ?
Idk the exact prices but I'm going to try to go progressive I heard they are one of the cheapest, ill shop around for quotes. I use to wrap as a hobby so imma do that myself as well as ceramic coating. Going to tint for the first time though so that going to be exciting. You can get insurance for modifications as an add-on for a little extra a month. I'm not going to insure wrap and tint since I can do it in-house. I plan on adding FSD after delivery so that will probably count as the only modification that I would have to ask about to get insured.

Idk the exact prices but I'm going to try to go progressive I heard they are one of the cheapest, ill shop around for quotes. I use to wrap as a hobby so imma do that myself as well as ceramic coating. Going to tint for the first time though so that going to be exciting. You can get insurance for modifications as an add-on for a little extra a month. I'm not going to insure wrap and tint since I can do it in-house. I plan on adding FSD after delivery so that will probably count as the only modification that I would have to ask about to get insured.
i dont think you need to insure the software, because you cant damage the software in an accident, also there's a blue MS LR with black interior in the existing inventory rn

• Informative
Reactions: LiveSai
i dont think you need to insure the software, because you cant damage the software in an accident, also there's a blue MS LR with black interior in the existing inventory rn
Well, if you pay $10k for FSD and your car is totaled and you don't have software covered you are out $10k. So yeah, I can see that people would want to have software options covered. (Including the acceleration boost on the 3&Y.)

Weird I randomly got a call earlier today saying that a vin has been assigned and can pick up as early as tomorrow at Carlsbad. Scheduled for Friday.

Seems very different from my model 3 experience where I was assigned a vin a lot earlier prior to pickup, but same end of quarter delivery. Looks like it’s a 2022 model year? The vin has NF. Any other details that I can get out of the vin number?

By the way the model s is white with cream interior and 21” wheels.

Well, if you pay $10k for FSD and your car is totaled and you don't have software covered you are out $10k. So yeah, I can see that people would want to have software options covered. (Including the acceleration boost on the 3&Y.)
oh thats so interesting! so basically, if i do any modifications or add on after my car is in insurance system, i should always tell them so they can add that to the policy, and it will always be covered

So their promise of an EOQ delivery was a lie. I have now jumped to January 16 to February 13. I renewed my financing on December 20 at their urging. If the financing expires before I get the car I will definitely just wait to take the EQS that I ordered in October. The fact that people with order dates in July and August are getting the same configuration as my March order is just FUBAR.

btw do you know the price for a full coverage insurance on model s, do you plan to do modifications like wrap, would they be covered by insurance or tesla as well ?
Insurance prices are all over the place depending on company, location, driving history, miles a year that you drive, age, and concessions. I went with USAA and was able to insure for less than $100 a month. A friend who lives in Colorado was paying about $600 a month for two Tesla's (a Model X and an older Model S). I tried to use Progressive but was jerked around after they said I gave them the wrong VIN. I had to do the quote on the phone with them. I think they finally came back and quoted about $150 a month but I had already dismissed them. And Telsa now offers insurance in IL. Began right after I took delivery and was already insured. I quoted them any way and it was about $100 a month. I am getting a discount for running the USAA app on my iphone so they can track me. Tesla insurance also tracks your driving.

I didn't wrap my Model S so not worried about insuring it.