Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Located in Irvine, placed order 12/17/2021, white/white/LR 19” noFSD, my edd has been 12/29-12/31 for a week now, and today is 12/30, right now my EDD is still 12/29-12/31, with no VIN, it is driving me nuts. Anyone in the same boat?
Don't want to poo poo on the parade here... but I would count on it getting kicked back. A lot of us have been waiting months now (not that that means anything in Tesla Time) and the instances of 2-3 week turns on MS(LR) are probably in the single digits.

Don't want to poo poo on the parade here... but I would count on it getting kicked back. A lot of us have been waiting months now (not that that means anything in Tesla Time) and the instances of 2-3 week turns on MS(LR) are probably in the single digits.
i don’t mind getting kicked back a lot of people here was in the same EDD but got kicked back after they hit 12/29, mine is weird even it hits 12/29, it’s still the same EDD, I know a guy who ordered also in December got a EDD of 12/30-12/31, but get the car 12/25 with a call :(

I’m getting concerned because if they do give the car I only have 31 to pick up I want to finance right now I’m in cash option for fast queue or those superstitions, that means my finance has to be approved instantly or I’m fked

Reactions: LiveSai
i don’t mind getting kicked back a lot of people here was in the same EDD but got kicked back after they hit 12/29, mine is weird even it hits 12/29, it’s still the same EDD, I know a guy who ordered also in December got a EDD of 12/30-12/31, but get the car 12/25 with a call :(
Mate I’ve been waiting for that build with 21” since early April and I just got pushed to the first two weeks of Jan. Get comfy.

You are right I should just give up waiting :( but just thinking about applying for financing and selling my car in one day or one morning it’s so stressful
Dont do it until you have a VIN. I did it as well early on because my SA said it would prioritize me. All it did was ding my credit with a hard pull and here I am 8 months later waiting. Keep it cash.

Thanks for the advice, yeah they kept telling me to do the financing asap, it just gets me anxious. After hearing all your stories
What's your RN? I ordered in Sept and just recently got moved to Feb-Mar. My SA offered a match last week but turned it down because it was a 21 MF430 (bastard lot car?). Definitely don't apply for anything till close to delivery which will be 4-6 months from now.

Reactions: LiveSai
I'm having my wife's Model Y worked on today at a Service Center, and was able to chat with a friendly advisor about my MSLR order. She checked her system and confirmed what I already knew (my EDD is 1/16 - 2/13).

But she said her system was showing a more precise anticipated delivery date at my pickup location (Kansas City) of Feb 2nd. I'll be out of the country from Feb 1 - 18, so this arrival date is ironic (but I have figured it would happen all along).

So I'm now strangely hoping the shipping delays causes my car to be delayed long enough for me to get back and take delivery after Feb 18th... Or even better, if it speeds up and arrives before Feb 1st!

Insurance prices are all over the place depending on company, location, driving history, miles a year that you drive, age, and concessions. I went with USAA and was able to insure for less than $100 a month. A friend who lives in Colorado was paying about $600 a month for two Tesla's (a Model X and an older Model S). I tried to use Progressive but was jerked around after they said I gave them the wrong VIN. I had to do the quote on the phone with them. I think they finally came back and quoted about $150 a month but I had already dismissed them. And Telsa now offers insurance in IL. Began right after I took delivery and was already insured. I quoted them any way and it was about $100 a month. I am getting a discount for running the USAA app on my iphone so they can track me. Tesla insurance also tracks your driving.

I didn't wrap my Model S so not worried about insuring it.
I use USAA as well...in Florida for which has known higher insurance rates... It was $400.00 more per year than my 2018 Lexus SUV...which is somewhat justified because the value of the car is more and it is brand new. I beleive it is a safer care, but also many more sensors and a big battery... I average out at about $200.00 per month for the insurance, for which I have a loan on the car via BoA as well... I have accessories on my car (tinting, PPF, etc), but I do not factor those enhancements in for insurnace...

The clowns at consumer reports now say that the Corvette Stingray is the fastest 0-60 mph car. It is December 2021, and they are still comparing the Model S 75D to other 2021 models, and it came in at 10th in their list of fastest cars. The credibility of the moron CR testers is now down the toilet.

https://www.consumerreports.org/driving/best-and-worst-cars-0-to-60-acceleration-a6528636806/
You are assuming that Consumer Reports ever had credibility... they don't. ;)

So their promise of an EOQ delivery was a lie. I have now jumped to January 16 to February 13. I renewed my financing on December 20 at their urging. If the financing expires before I get the car I will definitely just wait to take the EQS that I ordered in October. The fact that people with order dates in July and August are getting the same configuration as my March order is just FUBAR.
About to hit one year order date aniversery next month going to celebrate if i dont get my car by 24th 😂

Got a call from an SA today confirming that my car will be done at the factory on the 31st. No VIN and now an updated EDD of Jan 1st-Jan 10th. I still do not believe a word anyone from Tesla says lol. They really do only know as much as we do. There is no point to doing anything until you get a VIN. Even the, albeit a low chance, they have taken the VIN back and changed dates. Pretty low chance again on that happening though.

Here is hoping we all get cars soon.
So if the VIN has MF430 its bastard ?

Can't be 100% sure, but the likehood is yes. You just ordered your car, get comfy on the forums you'll be here for months like the rest of us have! Don't take your EDD seriously until you get a VIN.