Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's your RN? I ordered in Sept and just recently got moved to Feb-Mar. My SA offered a match last week but turned it down because it was a 21 MF430 (bastard lot car?). Definitely don't apply for anything till close to delivery which will be 4-6 months from now.
RN1158 here. Ordered on 10/12. In Northern VA. EDD: May-June/Feb-March/March/May and now March-April. blk/blk 21” no FSD

If you go back a few pages (or hundred pages or so) you will see people here have been waiting as long as January 2020 for their MS LR. EDD's bounce all over the place as shown in my signature.
Mid June 2021 order here. I too, was getting very excited and anxious when i was told my car was being built in August. Cut to the chase Here. After at least 14 status changes, date ranges from 20 to 31 days, and many comments by various Tesla SA’s and the like, and several times having the current date be within the EDD window they gave me, I am now in the Jan/Feb window with absolutely no car in sight. Yes, I ordered when it was ONLY 79k and it appears that me being one of the first adopters after seeing all the questionable reviews about the product, am being penalized on so many levels. I can have pretty much any other car I see based on my agreed to outlay to Tesla totalling just north of 87k including taxes — with NO incentives at all — but I choose to still want this car. I believe in Tesla and I’ve driven them (never owned one) and I absolutely love the tech. I will say however that my life has been one screen refresh after refresh along with false hope coming from texts, phone calls, and the like. I have so much wasted time waiting and being baited by a company with no real loyalty or honesty to their patrons. Why oh why do i continue? Because I’ve seen the competition. They all suck, that or they are receiving “car of the year” awards for product that DOESN’T EXIST yet! What kind of lunacy we have on all fronts. People slamming Tesla for what it isn’t and other car manufacturers getting rave reviews for not having anything out on the street yet. The crazy year of 2021 continues and will be over with in another day. What will make 2022 any different? Nothing my friends, nothing. Once again, approaching 7 months since ordering and nothing that I have learned from anyone at Tesla since day 1 was of any help. Nothing.

RN1158 here. Ordered on 10/12. In Northern VA. EDD: May-June/Feb-March/March/May and now March-April. blk/blk 21” no FSD
I'm also a Northern VA'er and I ordered in May. My current EDD is 1/16-2/13 so we'll see if that sticks. March-April may be fairly accurate for you as it looks like most Plaid reservations have been filled (based on existing inventory).

Reactions: RxVanco
Mid June 2021 order here. I too, was getting very excited and anxious when i was told my car was being built in August. Cut to the chase Here. After at least 14 status changes, date ranges from 20 to 31 days, and many comments by various Tesla SA’s and the like, and several times having the current date be within the EDD window they gave me, I am now in the Jan/Feb window with absolutely no car in sight. Yes, I ordered when it was ONLY 79k and it appears that me being one of the first adopters after seeing all the questionable reviews about the product, am being penalized on so many levels. I can have pretty much any other car I see based on my agreed to outlay to Tesla totalling just north of 87k including taxes — with NO incentives at all — but I choose to still want this car. I believe in Tesla and I’ve driven them (never owned one) and I absolutely love the tech. I will say however that my life has been one screen refresh after refresh along with false hope coming from texts, phone calls, and the like. I have so much wasted time waiting and being baited by a company with no real loyalty or honesty to their patrons. Why oh why do i continue? Because I’ve seen the competition. They all suck, that or they are receiving “car of the year” awards for product that DOESN’T EXIST yet! What kind of lunacy we have on all fronts. People slamming Tesla for what it isn’t and other car manufacturers getting rave reviews for not having anything out on the street yet. The crazy year of 2021 continues and will be over with in another day. What will make 2022 any different? Nothing my friends, nothing. Once again, approaching 7 months since ordering and nothing that I have learned from anyone at Tesla since day 1 was of any help. Nothing.
I'm in a similar situation but don't have your level of anxiety. Perhaps because I have a longer history with Tesla. I ordered my first Model S in August 2014 and it was delivered Feb 2015. There has always been high demand and long delays.
The supply chain, manufacture and delivery of a car is incredibly complex. It's really a waste of your time (and the SAs time) to pester them with questions. The best answer to when you will get your car is when all of the thousands of parts arrive and your number is up for assembly and delivery. It's impossible to predict. Try to avoid checking your order page more than once a day.
I wouldn't take it personally. You're not being "targeted". It's not about you.
The car is simply the best car you can buy and there is corresponding high demand.
Patience, grasshopper.

I'm in a similar situation but don't have your level of anxiety. Perhaps because I have a longer history with Tesla. I ordered my first Model S in August 2014 and it was delivered Feb 2015. There has always been high demand and long delays.
The supply chain, manufacture and delivery of a car is incredibly complex. It's really a waste of your time (and the SAs time) to pester them with questions. The best answer to when you will get your car is when all of the thousands of parts arrive and your number is up for assembly and delivery. It's impossible to predict. Try to avoid checking your order page more than once a day.
I wouldn't take it personally. You're not being "targeted". It's not about you.
The car is simply the best car you can buy and there is corresponding high demand.
Patience, grasshopper.
Thank you for your response. Yes, anxiety has been high for many reasons. In the end I only desire what I will have waited for and paid for. I do not want any special treatment and I don’t want anything promised that wasn’t expected. That, in the end, is my only real point. Inform me “US” of what will be, not what might be. If I was told “your car could take up to a year”, I would have been fine with that and most likely made other plans. The constant misinformation however only creates higher anxietyl. Tesla really needs a PR department as the poor folk having to be the SA’s and be the PR, well, I’ll bet they’re not getting paid nearly enough for all that are expected to do. Thank you again.

Reactions: Davidrun2B

I really wanted the Tesla. My current car, a 2017 MS 75 has 107,000 miles and I want to sell it before it has no value at all. I am so pissed at Tesla right now that my head is spinning. I was texted on 12/20 when my EDD was 12/28-12/31 to verify I was paying cash; I indicated I preferred to finance and my financing applied for in July (because I was told EDD of July) expired. I was told to quickly reapply with an EOQ delivery imminent. A week later the EDD changed to 12/31-1/14; today as 12/31 approached, it changed to 1/16-2/13. I sent a text to the number that has texted me over the years and told them if the financing expires before I get a car, I will go elsewhere.

Contrary to some opinions, I drove and ordered a MB EQS580. I loved the quality, the interior and the technology. The exterior may not be as nice as a Tesla, but I've been there and done that for four years. We also have another MB convertible so the dealership knows us. The MB dealer took no deposit and was told I will take whichever car arrives first. I was told to expect it by April or May - or sooner if the chip and transportation issues improve.

I am fine with a car that can "only go" 0-60 in 4.3 seconds. The range is comparable to the actual mileage on a MS LR with big wheels. Obviously the Tesla is faster and has a better supercharging network. But, with the growth of EV's across multiple product lines, I see the network of competitor charging to grow exponentially. I've even heard rumors that Tesla will license its supercharger network to MB for a fee.

Do I want the yoke? Yes! Do I want to remain a Tesla owner? Sure! Am I sick of the games and waiting? Yes.

I really wanted the Tesla. My current car, a 2017 MS 75 has 107,000 miles and I want to sell it before it has no value at all. I am so pissed at Tesla right now that my head is spinning. I was texted on 12/20 when my EDD was 12/28-12/31 to verify I was paying cash; I indicated I preferred to finance and my financing applied for in July (because I was told EDD of July) expired. I was told to quickly reapply with an EOQ delivery imminent. A week later the EDD changed to 12/31-1/14; today as 12/31 approached, it changed to 1/16-2/13. I sent a text to the number that has texted me over the years and told them if the financing expires before I get a car, I will go elsewhere.

Contrary to some opinions, I drove and ordered a MB EQS580. I loved the quality, the interior and the technology. The exterior may not be as nice as a Tesla, but I've been there and done that for four years. We also have another MB convertible so the dealership knows us. The MB dealer took no deposit and was told I will take whichever car arrives first. I was told to expect it by April or May - or sooner if the chip and transportation issues improve.

I am fine with a car that can "only go" 0-60 in 4.3 seconds. The range is comparable to the actual mileage on a MS LR with big wheels. Obviously the Tesla is faster and has a better supercharging network. But, with the growth of EV's across multiple product lines, I see the network of competitor charging to grow exponentially. I've even heard rumors that Tesla will license its supercharger network to MB for a fee.

Do I want the yoke? Yes! Do I want to remain a Tesla owner? Sure! Am I sick of the games and waiting? Yes.
Your Tesla will arrive long before the MB.

Reactions: MaxPain

Try to get commitment on price from the dealer. I've heard of MB charging up to $50k markup at the time of delivery. These cars are scarce and often go to highest bidder. Something to be aware of.

This kinda makes me mad. I also live in Houston Texas and have a similar config as you and ordered on July RN1152, yet I had no contact from my useless SA about any soft match like you did. I told them if their was a config same OR similar than mine that contact me for a soft match.
Understandable. Tesla's current procedure to match orders is way above my ability to understand. And that comes from someone who has been in the automobile business for decades and routinely deals with other manufacturer's order processes. Granted, there are always many moving parts from initial order to final delivery and hiccups in the process are commonplace. But, Tesla is really dropping the ball in their communication to their customers/fans. Not sure if it's a volume thing or a personnel thing, but I hope that people like us can respectfully communicate the issues to Tesla and that they will listen and improve.

And still, after all my blather, having to wait on my new car is definitely a first world problem.

Reactions: roc-noc and TheMacc
I'm also a Northern VA'er and I ordered in May. My current EDD is 1/16-2/13 so we'll see if that sticks. March-April may be fairly accurate for you as it looks like most Plaid reservations have been filled (based on existing inventory).
Yes, let’s hope. I’ve been following this feed for sometime and have learned patience is the key to Model S LR ownership. I am in no hurry though and will wait my turn. Interestingly, 10 minutes after posting for the first time a Tesla rep sent me a text letting me know I could accept delivery of a plaid today in a color I’m not interested in. I’m fine with waiting for the car that I ordered. Best of luck.

Yes, let’s hope. I’ve been following this feed for sometime and have learned patience is the key to Model S LR ownership. I am in no hurry though and will wait my turn. Interestingly, 10 minutes after posting for the first time a Tesla rep sent me a text letting me know I could accept delivery of a plaid today in a color I’m not interested in. I’m fine with waiting for the car that I ordered. Best of luck.
why would they ask you to accept a plaid if you ordered a long range

Got a call from an SA today confirming that my car will be done at the factory on the 31st. No VIN and now an updated EDD of Jan 1st-Jan 10th. I still do not believe a word anyone from Tesla says lol. They really do only know as much as we do. There is no point to doing anything until you get a VIN. Even the, albeit a low chance, they have taken the VIN back and changed dates. Pretty low chance again on that happening though.

Here is hoping we all get cars soon.

Can't be 100% sure, but the likehood is yes. You just ordered your car, get comfy on the forums you'll be here for months like the rest of us have! Don't take your EDD seriously until you get a VIN.
you had the same delivery date like mine 12/29-12/31, whats more tormenting to me is, i have never received any phone call or anything from SA (i still dont know what SA is), and my delivery date is still 12/29-12/31, this is so painful, because the guy in showroom kept telling me "yes you should be getting your car by 31 for sure" that day, and then my EDD is still within the range but there's zero update, IF they just push my date like yours, i would feel so relieved, now i have to be always by my phone, waiting to see if there's any miracles. AT LEAST JUST PUSH THE DAMN DATE SO I DON'T HAVE TO FEEL HOPEFUL

Well as usual, anxiety. Today however several of you have calmed my bout with “WannaUnderstandaTeslaCrankyness“ with kind and reassuring words. I thank you for that. Now that I have calmed down, I will gladly leave it to the Tesla Monkey that knows all and realize I am just a peasant who follows while being humble. YES, this truly is a First World Problem.

Reactions: Dayreg
Try to get commitment on price from the dealer. I've heard of MB charging up to $50k markup at the time of delivery. These cars are scarce and often go to highest bidder. Something to be aware of.
They mentioned nothing about a surcharge over sticker when I ordered but I did not get a contract since I gave no deposit. I assume that if they try to get over sticker I could just order a Plaid (of which Tesla seems to have plenty). The sticker will be $131,000 on the EQS as ordered. Plaid is not that much more!

Reactions: LiveSai
That's not unusual nowadays. I was eyeing on a mach gt last month and they wanted 20K over for a 60k EV. I was like okay I'm gonna stick with my 82K MS, whatever it takes.

Reactions: RxVanco and LiveSai