Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mid June 2021 order here. I too, was getting very excited and anxious when i was told my car was being built in August. Cut to the chase Here. After at least 14 status changes, date ranges from 20 to 31 days, and many comments by various Tesla SA’s and the like, and several times having the current date be within the EDD window they gave me, I am now in the Jan/Feb window with absolutely no car in sight. Yes, I ordered when it was ONLY 79k and it appears that me being one of the first adopters after seeing all the questionable reviews about the product, am being penalized on so many levels. I can have pretty much any other car I see based on my agreed to outlay to Tesla totalling just north of 87k including taxes — with NO incentives at all — but I choose to still want this car. I believe in Tesla and I’ve driven them (never owned one) and I absolutely love the tech. I will say however that my life has been one screen refresh after refresh along with false hope coming from texts, phone calls, and the like. I have so much wasted time waiting and being baited by a company with no real loyalty or honesty to their patrons. Why oh why do i continue? Because I’ve seen the competition. They all suck, that or they are receiving “car of the year” awards for product that DOESN’T EXIST yet! What kind of lunacy we have on all fronts. People slamming Tesla for what it isn’t and other car manufacturers getting rave reviews for not having anything out on the street yet. The crazy year of 2021 continues and will be over with in another day. What will make 2022 any different? Nothing my friends, nothing. Once again, approaching 7 months since ordering and nothing that I have learned from anyone at Tesla since day 1 was of any help. Nothing.
I hear you, and I am in the same boat as you. Have courage my friend. But I am also bracing for more insanity from Tesla because this is not over until I drive the car out of the SC lot.

If it is any consolation, 2022 is pronounced as 2020 too! 😊

you had the same delivery date like mine 12/29-12/31, whats more tormenting to me is, i have never received any phone call or anything from SA (i still dont know what SA is), and my delivery date is still 12/29-12/31, this is so painful, because the guy in showroom kept telling me "yes you should be getting your car by 31 for sure" that day, and then my EDD is still within the range but there's zero update, IF they just push my date like yours, i would feel so relieved, now i have to be always by my phone, waiting to see if there's any miracles. AT LEAST JUST PUSH THE DAMN DATE SO I DON'T HAVE TO FEEL HOPEFUL

An SA is a Sales Advisor. Previously everytime anyone ordered a car they were assigned one. That is no longer the case. It is just a bunch of people who can answer questions. They don't know any more than we do at this point. The person in the showroom telling you that means, sadly, literally nothing. The date(s) mean nothing without a VIN. Just assume you are not going to get the car for months until you see a VIN. Easier for you that way. Most orders now-a-days do not get any special treatment, phone call, text, etc. unless you reach out first. People have been waiting literally a year for their car. I understand you want your car soon, we all do! Expect to wait months though!

Reactions: Rufusroffie
In case anyone is curious, page 1 of my defunct mvpa with lost vin…
1640901494933.jpeg

Hey. Philadelphia-S - I have exact same config (19’, white, cream) and delivery to Devon - except I am 1146 Mar order. just got moved to Jan 5- Jan 31. maybe our babies will be delivered in same batch, and hopefully soon! Seems to be a rare color combo…
I stopped at the Devon SC yesterday. The guy I spoke with said the white/cream is a popular combination, but he was very condescending and just gave canned responses to my questions about my order status. My expectations of the guys there were floor level to begin with and the guy did not disappoint. They had 3 plaids available for immediate delivery including a white/white that was stunningly gorgeous to my eyes.

I expect that all this frustration will vanish once the car is mine. I had a 2019 model S before, and the acceleration and joy of driving it was like an addictive drug. My other car right now is a 21 Chrysler Pacifica plug in hybrid, which is a fantastic vehicle (3rd Pacifica in our home, and is the workhorse for our family) but not a day goes by when I don’t miss driving a model S.

Last edited:
I stopped at the Devon SC yesterday. The guy I spoke with said the white/cream is a popular combination, but he was very condescending and just gave canned responses to my questions about my order status. My expectations of the guys there were floor level to begin with and the guy did not disappoint. They had 3 plaids available for immediate delivery including a white/white that was stunningly gorgeous to my eyes.

I expect that all this frustration will vanish once the car is mine. I had a 2019 model S before, and the acceleration and joy of driving it was like an addictive drug. My other car right now is a 21 Chrysler Pacifica plug in hybrid, which is a fantastic vehicle (3rd Pacifica in our home, and is the workhorse for our family) but not a day goes by when I don’t miss driving a model S.
So a popular order means what? That they make a ton because of the popularity and so You will get your order soon? Or that there’s so much demand that your order will be delayed?

You’re right, the info given to you means nothing because that’s exactly what the person I spoke to said about my config (wht/wht). Basically, it’s just another way of saying “I don’t know at all but I can give you an excuse to make you feel a bit special”.

I really wish they would just say “I have no idea and your guess is as good as mine”, instead of providing what they think we might wanna hear.

Located in Irvine, placed order 12/13/2021, white/white/LR 19” noFSD, my edd has been 12/29-12/31 for a week now, and today is 12/30, right now my EDD is still 12/29-12/31, with no VIN, it is driving me nuts. Anyone in the same boat?
I wanted to keep calm and scroll on. But could not do it. You must be kidding with your question when you ordered about two weeks ago and asking people if they are in the same boat. Some of us have fallen of the boat and sunk. Mine is a 6/10/2021 order and check my signature for the changes in EDD. I was told by a delivery advisor that I will definitely get my car in Dec and had 12/27-12/31. I sold my 2018 MS100D, my Prius which my daughter was driving in college/work was stolen early this morning outside my house and the car was totaled in NE DC within 30 mins of driving from my home and they crashed it. My daughter is taking my Outback tomorrow as she needs a car for her work in NC. I don't have any car now. This will be my third Tesla MS. I am totally screwed. Are we in the same boat???

I wanted to keep calm and scroll on. But could not do it. You must be kidding with your question when you ordered about two weeks ago and asking people if they are in the same boat. Some of us have fallen of the boat and sunk. Mine is a 6/10/2021 order and check my signature for the changes in EDD. I was told by a delivery advisor that I will definitely get my car in Dec and had 12/27-12/31. I sold my 2018 MS100D, my Prius which my daughter was driving in college/work was stolen early this morning outside my house and the car was totaled in NE DC within 30 mins of driving from my home and they crashed it. My daughter is taking my Outback tomorrow as she needs a car for her work in NC. I don't have any car now. This will be my third Tesla MS. I am totally screwed. Are we in the same boat???
That’s some terrible stuff man. Sorry to hear and hopefully you’ll get it all worked out.

I would have thought that your order would be right alongside those others that are getting a non white interior MS LR all over the country. I know there are tons of people getting their orders even though they placed it after ours, but I’m also sure there are plenty of others that aren’t in this forum that are in the same situation as we are.

I hear ya though. It’s not the delay itself but the continuous issuance of false promises that make it incredibly hard for anyone to plan anything. I’ve been avoiding planning long vacations because I keep getting told “it’s next month” or “you’re on the priority list”.

Really hope you get yours in early Jan though.

Ordered 6 days after refresh announced (2/2/21...it's sad that I feel the need to put a year on that), and yeah, even the May/June orders are virtually vets compared to the folks that jump in with Nov/Dec orders expecting cars within weeks. Admittedly, it's not their fault - Tesla has ****ed this one up so badly I probably would have walked long ago if I weren't paying $15k less than I could buy the car for right now.