Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you're saying if I make it a point to speak to a sales advisor regarding the tires the car gets delivered with and how I would rather have all seasons, they should be able to swap it out if it gets delivered with summers?

Anyone in toronto /gta done somehting like this and been successful?
I think you need to be adamant in a nice way that you will not take it unless you get all seasons. Be stubborn but in a nice way with respect. And be prepared to wait for couple more weeks since they will put you back on a priority delivery list.

I think you need to be adamant in a nice way that you will not take it unless you get all seasons. Be stubborn but in a nice way with respect. And be prepared to wait for couple more weeks since they will put you back on a priority delivery list.
It is cloudy and snowing today. Will take it out to a park tomorrow and capture its beauty in pictures. Sorry in advance for the waiting.

No problem. I have at least 4 months...

Reactions: SoCalDude
Any reason for not wanting the red or white paint?

Also im planning on getting some proper summer rims. Any suggestion for a website that caters to us Canadians?

Throwing winters on the tempest 19s is my plan.
Check out PMC Tires in Quebec. I picked up Replika 241’a with X-Ice for a great price.

FINALLY received my car on 12/31. Other than missing the coverings in the trunk, car was perfect. Hang in there all, all the waiting and EDD chaos is really off-putting, but the car is amazing. Totally worth the wait. Hoping you all get your VINs soon.

PXL_20220101_220006616.MP.jpgPXL_20220101_235638456.MP.jpg

Every time you see the MS driving that Benz you are going to regret it. No matter what, the car is worth the wait and if you want to see a brand really jacking customers around, look at the poor buggers ordering the F150 Lighting.
As a former Ford owner, new Model S owner, and someone who has reserved an F150 Lightning you need to explain the meaning behind your statement. For the past 5 years that I owned my Ford, I received excellent service, great communications from the dealership, and my car had Apple CarPlay which worked almost flawlessly with my iPhone. While I love my Tesla, During the 7 months I patiently waited for delivery and watched about 10 EDDs come and go, I never received one phone call from Tesla. I only received a few texts when I finally got my VIN and ready for deliver. Most were asking for payment since I elected to pay in cash. In the two weeks I have been driving my Tesla, I have been frustrated by an Apple/Tesla bug which occasionally blasts my blue-tooth music at full volume. Now I have to always check volume before starting music because two competitors can't seem to get over finger pointing on a problem.

IMHO Elon Musk is a brilliant micro-managing genius who's company has made the best automobile in 2021. But as with most dictators, you are forced to live with their flaws. Like refusing to support HUD. Like refusing to support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Like refusing to support an Intelligent Backup Power system to allow the Model S battery to power your home.

Based on my reservation, I am expecting my F150 to arrive in early 2023. I won't get bent out of shape if it doesn't arrive that year. I am patient and it will arrive when done. And it will probably ship well before the Cybertruck. And my supporting Ford dealer is 7 miles from my home. The nearest Tesla store is 50 miles from my home.

Last edited:
As a former Ford owner, new Model S owner, and someone who has reserved an F150 Lightning you need to explain the meaning behind your statement. For the past 5 years that I owned my Ford, I received excellent service, great communications from the dealership, and my car had Apple CarPlay which worked almost flawlessly with my iPhone. While I love my Tesla, During the 7 months I patiently waited for delivery and watched about 10 EDDs come and go, I never received one phone call from Tesla. I only received a few texts when I finally got my VIN and ready for deliver. Most were asking for payment since I elected to pay in cash. In the two weeks I have been driving my Tesla, I have been frustrated by an Apple/Tesla bug which occasionally blasts my blue-tooth music at full volume. Now I have to always check volume before starting music because two competitors can't seem to get over finger pointing on a problem.

IMHO Elon Musk is a brilliant micro-managing genius who's company has made the best automobile in 2021. But as with most dictators, you are forced to live with their flaws. Like refusing to support HUD. Like refusing to support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Like refusing to support an Intelligent Backup Power system to allow the Model S battery to power your home.

Based on my reservation, I am expecting my F150 to arrive in early 2023. I won't get bent out of shape if it doesn't arrive that year. I am patient and it will arrive when done. And it will probably ship well before the Cybertruck.
I think they're referring to the stories of dealer markups - https://fordauthority.com/2021/12/2...-markups-surprising-some-reservation-holders/

FINALLY received my car on 12/31. Other than missing the coverings in the trunk, car was perfect. Hang in there all, all the waiting and EDD chaos is really off-putting, but the car is amazing. Totally worth the wait. Hoping you all get your VINs soon.

View attachment 751008View attachment 751009
Looks great! Black interior? Hard to tell from the photos. MSM looks fantastic with the arachnids. :cool:

Fair question. There are widespread reports of Ford dealers doing ‘market adjustments’ as high as $ 30k on a base truck price of $ 39k as well as doing a $ 5k non-refundable deposit. Now, that being said, this is not FORD directly and is being done by the dealer network however Dealer or Manufacturer, it affects Fords brand and this is far more egregious than Tesla is doing. I am not Ford bashing. I am presenting a well documented example of how another manufacturer (their dealers and not being mitigated by Ford) is behaving in ways worse than Tesla. Heck, the Lightning is still in development. Let’s see when people are promised them vs getting them.

Reactions: JeffN
Fair question. There are widespread reports of Ford dealers doing ‘market adjustments’ as high as $ 30k on a base truck price of $ 39k as well as doing a $ 5k non-refundable deposit. Now, that being said, this is not FORD directly and is being done by the dealer network however Dealer or Manufacturer, it affects Fords brand and this is far more egregious than Tesla is doing. I am not Ford bashing. I am presenting a well documented example of how another manufacturer (their dealers and not being mitigated by Ford) is behaving in ways worse than Tesla. Heck, the Lightning is still in development. Let’s see when people are promised them vs getting them.
Fair enough. As a reservation holder, we won't place our orders (with confirmed pricing) until Ford contacts us to place our order. They will do that in the order of our reservations and only allow orders that will fit into their planned delivery window for that period. They are supposed to begin contacting the early reservations this quarter to begin converting reservations to orders. Deliveries are supposed to begin this summer. So if they are building 20K vehicles in 2022, they will contact enough reservation holders to place orders for the 20K planned vehicles for the year.

You chose the Ford dealership when you place the reservation but can change at any time while it is still a reservation. I don't know yet if you can change the dealership once the order is confirmed but I suspect you will be able to. I have communicated with my dealer several times and have been reassured that they are not adding anything to the price above MSRP. If they do, I'll move it to another dealership. There are several Ford dealerships within 30 miles of my home and many within 60 miles.

I also had a Mach-e reserved until I test drove it and compared to a Tesla. And if Ford had an EV Bronco in the works, I might have ordered that over the F150.

BTW I drive my Model S mostly in chill mode. I also try to be in chill mode when order cars. 😉

View attachment 751008View attachment 751009
Looks gorgeous. Congratulations. I have a guy for PPF and Ceramic in OC. they did my car.
8E5F4542-0D9B-458A-9F6F-B30FCE93E30B.jpeg2654059F-99C7-4D0B-AFE3-4D80EA20FFC4.jpeg91C6D4C0-7FCF-4ABD-9B41-137E5310C792.jpeg