Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW I drive my Model S mostly in chill mode. I also try to be in chill mode when order cars. 😉
Chill mode is cool… Just as long as your not this guy…. :D
C1C7EF28-97C5-478A-8004-A9A12F01201D.jpeg

If you try to order a new long range ( dual motor) right now the ETA is also missing. Looks like it’s across the board. Plaid says 1-2 months now
Correction: Plaid now “May-June” on new white interior orders on my end…idk when I’ll get my LR now.

Hopefully this is due to the tail light refresh (which I can wait a few weeks for but not months) otherwise super disappointing…

Last edited:
Reactions: chrisdh79
Guys I need your opinion on my tires issue. Just to recap I took delivery of a car whose owner could not pick up for some reason however it has 21 wheels and summer tires which in Chicago is a big deal. Anyways due to the craziness in the edd issue and not knowing when will I be able to get my original ordered car I agreed knowing that there is a 19 wheel winter package I can order. After my rear drive unit replacement ordeal fifty miles after taking delivery the SC promised I will get the winter wheels for free. However they have been on back order for more than two weeks. Now with the snow and below freezing weather it is a problem. I initially thought I will drive my wife’s x5 while there is snow and my tesla on clean roads. However after doing some online research I read the problem with summer tires is not only the snow and traction with snow. Actually under 45 degrees temps even in dry conditions summer tires just because of their rubber they are not safe to drive.
Which means till I get the back ordered wheels which good only knows how long that will be I will be paying for a leased car parked in the garage. I started looking into replacing the 21 summers with 21 ASs to get me by till the winter 19s come in.
I spoke to a friend of mine who has a car shop he said that is BS and that I can drive the summer tires in the cold as long as there is no snow. Another friend of mine who has a pre refresh model s with 21 wheels said that he had no problem with them on dry roads.
So what should I do. Keep driving in the cold on clean roads till I get the 19s or swap the 21 summers with 21 AS?

Reactions: chrisdh79
As a former Ford owner, new Model S owner, and someone who has reserved an F150 Lightning you need to explain the meaning behind your statement. For the past 5 years that I owned my Ford, I received excellent service, great communications from the dealership, and my car had Apple CarPlay which worked almost flawlessly with my iPhone. While I love my Tesla, During the 7 months I patiently waited for delivery and watched about 10 EDDs come and go, I never received one phone call from Tesla. I only received a few texts when I finally got my VIN and ready for deliver. Most were asking for payment since I elected to pay in cash. In the two weeks I have been driving my Tesla, I have been frustrated by an Apple/Tesla bug which occasionally blasts my blue-tooth music at full volume. Now I have to always check volume before starting music because two competitors can't seem to get over finger pointing on a problem.

IMHO Elon Musk is a brilliant micro-managing genius who's company has made the best automobile in 2021. But as with most dictators, you are forced to live with their flaws. Like refusing to support HUD. Like refusing to support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Like refusing to support an Intelligent Backup Power system to allow the Model S battery to power your home.

Based on my reservation, I am expecting my F150 to arrive in early 2023. I won't get bent out of shape if it doesn't arrive that year. I am patient and it will arrive when done. And it will probably ship well before the Cybertruck. And my supporting Ford dealer is 7 miles from my home. The nearest Tesla store is 50 miles from my home.
Did Ford send out official EDD already? I reserved both Lightning and R1T but never heard from Ford. Rivian sent out an email a few days ago with an EDD (Oct - Dec)

Did Ford send out official EDD already? I reserved both Lightning and R1T but never heard from Ford. Rivian sent out an email a few days ago with an EDD (Oct - Dec)

You should hear from your dealer, not Ford corporate on your order. We've confirmed our F150 order a week ago. It doesn't go in perfect reservation order - it varies as they are allocating some to different dealers, with higher volume dealers getting more at times it seems. We have an EDD of February first week here.

Looking forward to it as the interior of the F150 is so functional, something I'm pretty sure the Cybertruck won't nearly match. So many outlets, plugs, the folding desk to work (or eat) on, the tech is functional, carplay is fine and wireless, and looking forward to bluecruise. The steering already does pretty good for roadtrips without it. I'll only miss our F150 King Ranch hybrid range we have now, as with a full tank we can get about 550-600 miles - but we still stop ever few hours anyways on road trips at minimum.

• Informative
Reactions: jackk
You should hear from your dealer, not Ford corporate on your order. We've confirmed our F150 order a week ago. It doesn't go in perfect reservation order - it varies as they are allocating some to different dealers, with higher volume dealers getting more at times it seems. We have an EDD of February first week here.

Looking forward to it as the interior of the F150 is so functional, something I'm pretty sure the Cybertruck won't nearly match. So many outlets, plugs, the folding desk to work (or eat) on, the tech is functional, carplay is fine and wireless, and looking forward to bluecruise. The steering already does pretty good for roadtrips without it. I'll only miss our F150 King Ranch hybrid range we have now, as with a full tank we can get about 550-600 miles - but we still stop ever few hours anyways on road trips at minimum.
Awesome did they charge you over MSRP? I am gonna find out from my dealer. have a feeling they want more than sticker. Same place asking for 20k over for a Mach GT last month.

Guys I need your opinion on my tires issue. Just to recap I took delivery of a car whose owner could not pick up for some reason however it has 21 wheels and summer tires which in Chicago is a big deal. Anyways due to the craziness in the edd issue and not knowing when will I be able to get my original ordered car I agreed knowing that there is a 19 wheel winter package I can order. After my rear drive unit replacement ordeal fifty miles after taking delivery the SC promised I will get the winter wheels for free. However they have been on back order for more than two weeks. Now with the snow and below freezing weather it is a problem. I initially thought I will drive my wife’s x5 while there is snow and my tesla on clean roads. However after doing some online research I read the problem with summer tires is not only the snow and traction with snow. Actually under 45 degrees temps even in dry conditions summer tires just because of their rubber they are not safe to drive.
Which means till I get the back ordered wheels which good only knows how long that will be I will be paying for a leased car parked in the garage. I started looking into replacing the 21 summers with 21 ASs to get me by till the winter 19s come in.
I spoke to a friend of mine who has a car shop he said that is BS and that I can drive the summer tires in the cold as long as there is no snow. Another friend of mine who has a pre refresh model s with 21 wheels said that he had no problem with them on dry roads.
So what should I do. Keep driving in the cold on clean roads till I get the 19s or swap the 21 summers with 21 AS?
Is your friend going to pay for the repairs when you damage your Tesla or someone else’s vehicle all because you chose to run summers in the winter. It is dangerous and negligent. Swap them out.

I never understand these arguements….

Is your friend going to pay for the repairs when you damage your Tesla or someone else’s vehicle all because you chose to run summers in the winter. It is dangerous and negligent. Swap them out.

I never understand these arguements….
Completely agree. I’ve never heard of this low temperature thing about summer tires, but I would not be driving in the dead of Chicago winter on summer tires. You never know when you will hit frost and the possibility of an issue due to summer tires is simply a risk that you can easily avoid.

If you are going to drive the car, I would recommend getting the All-Season 21's or keep waiting on Tesla for the free A/S 19's. YMMV

FYI regarding a 21" A/S tire: "For anyone curious, had the PS4 all seasons installed today on the Arachnids. 265/35/21 front, 295/35/21 rear."