Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not believe that we actually know definitively on why they sat for so long. One recent post in a Tesla Facebook group just posted these comments from a SA for a new delivery which he turned down.

-It is a 2021, and is the refreshed model (with yoke).
-Was Manufactured in May of 2021 and sat in Chicago awaiting some type of part. See next point.
-It comes with a "disclosure" that will state that work was done on it after it was manufactured. I am told that it states "HV Battery" and some components of the battery pack were replaced. It was a $5K job and did not require the entire battery pack to be replaced. The person I was speaking with stated that by law Tesla is not required to share this disclosure with me but chose to do so to be transparent. This will also result in a 3K credit to my purchase.
MY SA didn't offer me a credit, that would've been tempting to accept. He just told me parts were missing and were eventually installed. Odd it took months to get parts, when cars have been delivered for months since the cars production.

minor update/whine fest to anyone who will listen.
i called an SA, finazlied a few things with my order, was told car is imminent...and the price just went up $10k. WTF?
they're looking into it now.
i'm not a happy camper.
if i had to guess, they took the $10k off for the FSD as i requested, and that price stuck until today.
and now the $10k is back, but no FSD.
only thing that makes sense, as my price should be $15k below current, versus $10k.
Another possible reason would be if you had rejected a VIN twice or more times. Tesla announced this change a 6-8 weeks ago.

i called an SA, finazlied a few things with my order, was told car is imminent...and the price just went up $10k. WTF?
i'm not a happy camper.
if i had to guess, they took the $10k off for the FSD as i requested, and that price stuck until today.
only thing that makes sense, as my price should be $15k below current, versus $10k.
Unless they changed how it works, Tesla website allows you to remove the FSD as a one-time change that will not alter your order otherwise. It specifically states after you make this change that any further changes will need to be processed through your delivery center (or some such) and may carry associated price changes. I did remove FSD from my original order early on (March of last year) and used this process.

Did you originally remove the FSD through the website? I've been made to understand that any changes processed by an SA updates your order and when they reissue your purchase contract it shows the change date and usually updates pricing to match current figures. I'm no expert though, so take this with a grain of salt.

Unless they changed how it works, Tesla website allows you to remove the FSD as a one-time change that will not alter your order otherwise. It specifically states after you make this change that any further changes will need to be processed through your delivery center (or some such) and may carry associated price changes. I did remove FSD from my original order early on (March of last year) and used this process.

Did you originally remove the FSD through the website? I've been made to understand that any changes processed by an SA updates your order and when they reissue your purchase contract it shows the change date and usually updates pricing to match current figures. I'm no expert though, so take this with a grain of salt.
I removed my FSD in September (on website - No SA involved) and got a new contract email and such without FSD at same price points. While I am enjoying reading that contract for the past 10 months, only thing missing is my car itself! 🙈

Been checking my EDD a little more frequently and a minor update this morning. EDD window shifted to Jan 6 - 18, however the window is smaller (from 14 days to 12).
I would take the narrowing EDD shift with a grain of salt, mine went last month from 15 day window to 6 day window (25-31 Dec) and now to 28 days (12 Jan - 9 Feb). Three times now as soon as I hit the EDD range my EDD shifted out. The EDD range for me has been all over the place and when I discussed it with my so-called laughable SA he could not explain why and only said be prepared for more EDD shifts forth coming. Whoever assigns the EDD's should be FIRED IMHO.

I would take the narrowing EDD shift with a grain of salt, mine went last month from 15 day window to 6 day window (25-31 Dec) and now to 28 days (12 Jan - 9 Feb). Three times now as soon as I hit the EDD range my EDD shifted out. The EDD range for me has been all over the place and when I discussed it with my so-called laughable SA he could not explain why and only said be prepared for more EDD shifts forth coming. Whoever assigns the EDD's should be FIRED IMHO.
here's another update from someone with a very similar experience (me). I agree with @Davidrun2B on both points:

1. Narrowing EDD doesn't really mean much at all. Mine narrowed and expanded numerous times since October and am now sitting at the biggest range since ordering (Jan 5 - Feb 2). I suspect that this will be pushed out again tomorrow or the next day as I enter the EDD range.
2. SA's really don't have any tools that tell them anything more accurate than what we see. I've spoken to 5 different people at SCs and 2 different SA's and each one of them had a different response depending on when I asked. The last person who I talked to yesterday stated that whatever tools the people are using to tell you a date is going to be a best guess. "Soft-Match" is also one of these tools, but they run off the same type of algorithm and is just another estimate. Basically, just sit tight and wait since no one really knows.

Hilariously, the last person also told me that they would escalate my order and put me on a priority/watch list. Yeah.... I'm sure that doesn't exist either but thanks.

Back in my EDD window today. Let's see if it shifts another month tomorrow which it has done every time I got in the window.
I had a different experience this time with my EDD. Moved to Jan 6 - Feb 1. This is much more positive than what I've had before when it moved an entire month at a time. My SA told me the car is expected to be built on the 6th and anticipates delivery Jan 16. We'll see..

I had a different experience this time with my EDD. Moved to Jan 6 - Feb 1. This is much more positive than what I've had before when it moved an entire month at a time. My SA told me the car is expected to be built on the 6th and anticipates delivery Jan 16. We'll see..
Hope your SA's response was accurate. Seeing a VIN assignment, and scheduled delivery date/time is the only thing I will believe going forward. Too many promises without positive action for me.

Reactions: BruceR61
here's another update from someone with a very similar experience (me). I agree with @Davidrun2B on both points:

1. Narrowing EDD doesn't really mean much at all. Mine narrowed and expanded numerous times since October and am now sitting at the biggest range since ordering (Jan 5 - Feb 2). I suspect that this will be pushed out again tomorrow or the next day as I enter the EDD range.
2. SA's really don't have any tools that tell them anything more accurate than what we see. I've spoken to 5 different people at SCs and 2 different SA's and each one of them had a different response depending on when I asked. The last person who I talked to yesterday stated that whatever tools the people are using to tell you a date is going to be a best guess. "Soft-Match" is also one of these tools, but they run off the same type of algorithm and is just another estimate. Basically, just sit tight and wait since no one really knows.

Hilariously, the last person also told me that they would escalate my order and put me on a priority/watch list. Yeah.... I'm sure that doesn't exist either but thanks.

This is all so true. Anyone who has been around Tesla ordering should hopefully know to never take the EDD as anything more than a random group of dates.

My EDD went from Jan 1-10 to just May today. I mean I was pretty sure all the EDD changes I had recently were BS, but I still hoped it was true! Sure didn’t expect to get pushed until May. After showing such a tight EDD.

Still really makes no sense to me why they can’t just under promise and over promise and under deliver. Thankfully I still have my car and know the game since this isn’t my first Tesla and I read this forum everyday. If I was a traditional customer I would have gotten rid of my car and gotten my financing all done expecting the car due to be being in the EDD ranch and being called by an S.A. saying yes your car will be there no later than the 7th!

Almost wish the cars weren’t worth it so they would change this absurd mess of post order non sense

This is all so true. Anyone who has been around Tesla ordering should hopefully know to never take the EDD as anything more than a random group of dates.

My EDD went from Jan 1-10 to just May today. I mean I was pretty sure all the EDD changes I had recently were BS, but I still hoped it was true! Sure didn’t expect to get pushed until May. After showing such a tight EDD.

Still really makes no sense to me why they can’t just under promise and over promise and under deliver. Thankfully I still have my car and know the game since this isn’t my first Tesla and I read this forum everyday. If I was a traditional customer I would have gotten rid of my car and gotten my financing all done expecting the car due to be being in the EDD ranch and being called by an S.A. saying yes your car will be there no later than the 7th!

Almost wish the cars weren’t worth it so they would change this absurd mess of post order non sense
Yep, I made the mistake of believing my SA when he told me my car would be delivered in a specific time frame and sold my MS85D back in August. I have been without a car now for over 5 months and with no prospects of imminent delivery any time soon. Long time owner and repeat customer. Their customer service is going backwards not forwards and we don't have a person who knows anything to talk to. I really feel for the SA's, and they must hate their jobs right now as they really can't help us with our deliveries IMHO.

I really really really hope that this is true, for your sake. The delay on your order sounds ridiculous considering that I thought that white interiors were the primary delays.

Mine is a 5/4 order for a white ext, white int and my current EDD is Jan 5 - Feb 2. It's a day ahead of yours for some reason despite ordering a month after you and having a white interior. A few weeks ago, I did have one person tell me that my car is expected to be delivered to my SC on Jan 16. A few days later, I visited that same location and another person told me that they had no clue what the first person was talking about.

MY SA didn't offer me a credit, that would've been tempting to accept. He just told me parts were missing and were eventually installed. Odd it took months to get parts, when cars have been delivered for months since the cars production.
My fully paid for 2022 S LR is still in repair waiting on a back ordered Adaptive control part. I can go into the Tesla app and I can see it parked in the back of a service lot. Looks to me like service repair parts are secondary to new car builds. Estimated repair date in the app says this Saturday, but service told me it will slip. Imagine if car manufacturers were forced to pay customers cash when cars sit in service? Yeah, I am frustrated.

A51FF246-1BA3-44C7-A5BA-A8D179E9EE31.jpeg

i'm not a happy camper.
Just I actually just removed FSD with an SA yesterday afternoon and got the confirmation just now. They just took FSD away, orginal price was honored (10k less without FSD). Check with them, should be just a mistake.

I see the order agreement order date changed to 01/04/2022 (originally ordered 07/18/2021). Will this impact delivery time? The EDD on the website is still Feb.
I checked with SA yesterday and they say it shouldn't impact delivery time, but just wanna double check.

I see the order agreement order date changed to 01/04/2022 (originally ordered 07/18/2021). Will this impact delivery time? The EDD on the website is still Feb.
I checked with SA yesterday and they say it shouldn't impact delivery time, but just wanna double check.
No one knows....

I suspect that if your order doesn't come in Feb or March, another SA will tell you then that it's probably because you removed FSD.

• Funny
Reactions: waitingformys
Adding or removing FSD doesn’t affect your delivery date. Only making physical changes to the car will set your delivery time back.