Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD was pulled in rather than pushed back. It's back to ~February which was my original EDD at order time. It would put me at around 6 months from order date, which seems on par with other deliveries on this thread. However it's still a 4 week window so I'm sure it will still change a bunch of times yet.

So when I ordered MSLR circa July 27 my first EDD was March 2022. I have had EDD shifts like everybody else with current being the month of February 2022. If I do get delivery prior to 3/2022 Tesla can argue that they delivered ahead of promised date. That would be a fair argument in my book. In any event I fully expect delivery by 7/2022 and I'm Ok with that.

Reactions: JeffN
Yep, this massive pushback in EDD's is very troubling for me. Has anyone confirmed the rumor that Fremont factory is shut down for retooling. I haven't seen any solid evidence, but something has happened to affect these EDD pushbacks. I will be on the front end of my EDD in one week and I am very nervous and not at all positive about my chances. I would love to be proven wrong, but the history for me has not been good.
I would expect a push. Lots of orders ahead of you that have still not been filled. You could get lucky but just being real.

I’m pretty much expecting a push and I’m a mid May order still waiting. Dates at the moment are holding. The norm seems to be 9-12 months for most LR orders. Doesn’t make it easy to stomach with the constant EDD tease.

Reactions: Concade1
There are a bunch of people with our windows (or very close). Not sure if that is a good sign or not but it seems fairly consistent across the board for 1150-1153ish.
Just saw this thread- was just hanging out on the main Model S delivery thread.
Estimated Delivery: January 15 - February 12
1153 for me, ordered July. Emailed the Tysons delivery center yesterday to see if they saw any blockers. They said no and that the EDD is correct 95% of the time. I wonder which EDD since I have had several ;)

I would expect a push. Lots of orders ahead of you that have still not been filled. You could get lucky but just being real.

I’m pretty much expecting a push and I’m a mid May order still waiting. Dates at the moment are holding. The norm seems to be 9-12 months for most LR orders. Doesn’t make it easy to stomach with the constant EDD tease.
He IS a west coaster though... the odds are in his favor.

Got pushed this morning. Not complaining (for those on the prowl). Just stating.

As a reminder, my VINs were issued while I was out of country. Every damn time. :(

1641399235267.png

Reactions: chrisdh79
Just saw this thread- was just hanging out on the main Model S delivery thread.
Estimated Delivery: January 15 - February 12
1153 for me, ordered July. Emailed the Tysons delivery center yesterday to see if they saw any blockers. They said no and that the EDD is correct 95% of the time. I wonder which EDD since I have had several ;)
Tyco is my center as well and I've found their support to be wildly unhelpful... I know they're dealing with limited info (virtually no more than we have) but I've learned to take nothing they say too seriously. It'll get here when it gets here lol.

And that EDD statement from them is 200% incorrect... no matter which EDD they're actually referring to 😆

Tyco is my center as well and I've found their support to be wildly unhelpful... I know they're dealing with limited info (virtually no more than we have) but I've learned to take nothing they say too seriously. It'll get here when it gets here lol.

And that EDD statement from them is 200% incorrect... no matter which EDD they're actually referring to 😆
That makes me sad, because I know it is true.

• Funny
Reactions: Concade1
It’s interesting reading these posts as when i started looking at this group 7 months ago, i saw people waiting for an extremely long time and thought, will that be me? Now it’s coming up on 7 months for me and I AM one of those people waiting for an extremely long time. All I can say is if this car didn’t impress me so much and the Tesla test drives I did weren’t so much fun on so many levels I would’ve long since cancelled the order. But here I sit. Waiting and seeing people who have recent orders (within the past 3 months) getting aggravated. There is no magic spell, no, no secret person to talk with or hierarchy with which you can address which gives you any real priority or advantage. Anyone for almost 7 months, ME, or waiting 7 weeks, MAYBE YOU, only knows it’s a long wait. Unless you’re willing to pay the most current price and take an inventory car that occasionally shows up on a lot, you would be best in only making better use of your time. I come out here way to much and only find comfort in the humorous anecdotes that I hear and the fun people I’ve spoken with. It’s gotten me this far, hopefully one day reasonably soon, I’ll be taking delivery. Until then we all must wait in line, a very long and uninformed line. Good day to all, and we will quibble again sometime soon I’m sure.

The thing is, I've had to wait this long for cars before. The problem is Tesla's completely broken EDD system. I had an S4 that I had done in Suzuka Grey w/ black trim that took about 10 months from the factory, but the entire time I could track its process w/ Audi. I am now on my 24th EDD change from Tesla w/ multiple sub 7 day EDD windows. It's a gigantic pain in the ass to plan around.

The thing is, I've had to wait this long for cars before. The problem is Tesla's completely broken EDD system. I had an S4 that I had done in Suzuka Grey w/ black trim that took about 10 months from the factory, but the entire time I could track its process w/ Audi. I am now on my 24th EDD change from Tesla w/ multiple sub 7 day EDD windows. It's a gigantic pain in the ass to plan around.
Agreed. I’ve already had a credit check lapse, had numerous offers for my current car expire, and had other frustrations with never hearing anything but “they’re building your car” when asked about any status update beyond what is online. SA’s come and go, or transfer to other locations too. All of us keep playing whack-a-mole in an attempt for any valid information but it sadly isn’t to be had.

Looking at your order date and the configuration our orders should be within few days. Only the Tesla monkey knows in the end.

I want to see VINs and deliveries for everyone who ordered before me, but I got in the MS cue in September 2020 with a Plaid+ order, so I have been waiting for a long time as well. Sold my MS in August after SA assured me of delivery, which was a joke. Three pushbacks now after I was in EDD window. Tesla communication to customers is beyond horrible and entirely unacceptable.

I want to see VINs and deliveries for everyone who ordered before me, but I got in the MS cue in September 2020 with a Plaid+ order, so I have been waiting for a long time as well. Sold my MS in August after SA assured me of delivery, which was a joke. Three pushbacks now after I was in EDD window. Tesla communication to customers is beyond horrible and entirely unacceptable.
Agree. I ordered a Plaid + on 10/1/2020 with RN11414X. I cancelled that Plaid + in June and ordered my MSLR on 6/10/2021 as my third MS. Yeah, have been on this train for sometime...

Reactions: Davidrun2B
My EDD just got pushed to March 18 - March 31 last night, bad thing is it moved slightly later but the bright side is, the EDD window is smaller :D
Similar thing happened to me. Since October my EDD had been sitting at 2/23/22 - 3/23/22, but sometime in the past 12 hours it was changed to 3/20/22 to 3/31/22. Tighter range of dates than I had, but the end date is further out. MSLR Red/Black/21"/No FSD/Ordered 8/6/21/(RN11544).