Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Completely disagree. I’ve had a two week window, an 8 day one, and a three day window. Now I have an almost 4 week window that is three months after my last short window.

Of course nothing is a guarantee. I’m just saying those that receive an exact two week window has shown in the past to receive a VIN soon after.

Let’s see how it plays out? I for one am always looking for some glimmer of hope in the EDD madness.

I thought my impending 465 was ultra current, but clearly not! Congrats!
I wouldn't worry about it. Difference between 464 and 468 is 4k units. Based on Tesla sales numbers from '21 (when they didn't start producing MSLR until 3Q) there were 25k made in 6 months. So the difference between 464 and 467 is likely less than 2-3 weeks, especially considering the build rate is almost certainly higher now.

I wouldn't worry about it. Difference between 464 and 468 is 4k units. Based on Tesla sales numbers from '21 (when they didn't start producing MSLR until 3Q) there were 25k made in 6 months. So the difference between 464 and 467 is likely less than 2-3 weeks, especially considering the build rate is almost certainly higher now.
To add more to it, I rejected an NF462, on Dec30th. It was manufactured on Dec19th as my SA told me.

I would say they manufactured almost 5k (NF462-NF467) vehicles in almost 3 weeks.

Mind sharing what the red flag was causing your particular rejection? Hoping there's nothing systemic in these batches or too EOQ-rushed.
I took a chance with an existing inventory Model S LR. It had panel gaps which I was okay with considering its a norm these days. But I found the backseat rim which is attached to the door was off and my whole finger could slide in and I could see adhesive all over it. It wasn't in great shape. They asked me to take an appointment with the service center which I wasn't comfortable with (considering a new vehicle)

Since it was an existing inventory I didn't take any chance and rejected it.

With my FOMO I now want a 470 vin!

• Funny
Reactions: Neon001
RN1150 May ‘21 order. White/white 19” Central NJ.
Finally got into my date range Jan 8 - Feb 5 yesterday. (Which I had for ~8 weeks) Was told by SA to expect car by end of this month around 3 days ago.
Today new dates are: Jan 28 - Feb 25th.
Hopefully this new range is temporary otherwise yet another disappointing and aggravating bump..

Reactions: RxVanco
I am wondering if they are now just producing the Model S and shipping it locally and selling it at the current price to make a profit as they are selling very quickly and leaving us all behind that are in the pre-price increase. This is frustrating. The inventory Model S that I saw was in transit in California and hadn't even hit the location yet but was for sale. That would be very frustrating if they are just shipping these locally without intent to go to a preorder and selling them off the lot and leaving us all behind that aren't in California.

This is an example. Already gone from the website

Screenshot_20220109-080946.png

Reactions: rdmdriving
So, yesterday I entered my EDD range of Jan 8 - Feb 5. That was the third time the chaos monkey didn’t even bother to adjust the EDD until it was underway…as if the EDD algorithm was designed to taunt and mock the customer instead of communicate information that the customer could rely on for planning purposes…..ok….enough said.

Anywho, I was pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call from a Tesla SA yesterday reconfirming my delivery details (paying cash, no trade-in, transferring my current plates) and telling me that I should expect my car between Jan 8… wait, was he actually saying that the very day he was calling me…Jan 8….was in play for possible delivery when there was no VIN let alone a vehicle anywhere in sight?……yes, he reassured me that I’d have a car between Jan 8 - Feb 5. The last time I received that same call from the delivery team was in October and it was followed by a deafening silence so I took it all with a grain of salt and wished him a pleasant day.

I woke up to a new EDD range today of Jan 23 - Feb 20!

I’m really not in much of a hurry but it is kinda ironic that the customer interface is so poor when the car is so awesome.

I‘m still super excited about the car. The EDD antics are really sad to see. This will be Tesla Numero 5 for me. Tesla used to straight-up nail it on customer service. Now? Not so much.

I am wondering if they are now just producing the Model S and shipping it locally and selling it at the current price to make a profit as they are selling very quickly and leaving us all behind that are in the pre-price increase. This is frustrating. The inventory Model S that I saw was in transit in California and hadn't even hit the location yet but was for sale. That would be very frustrating if they are just shipping these locally without intent to go to a preorder and selling them off the lot and leaving us all behind that aren't in California.

This is an example. Already gone from the website

View attachment 753744
I saw that one earlier too, and had the same thought. I've seen multiple over the past week going to Dublin, CA.

Reactions: rdmdriving
Definitely very jealous! Haven't seen many, if any, RN1158+ orders get filled. Congrats!

You are contractually obligated to post pictures here when you take delivery!
Delivery Day yesterday! We had some weird “could only be Tesla” quirks during delivery — floor mats, rear load floor cargo cover + rear privacy cover on back order and will require a service appointment to deliver — and a piece of trim was missing on the right side of the dash (the spot you can only see when the passenger door is open) until we commented. The delivery center crew was really helpful, though, and got us squared away. The black on black looks is as nice as I hoped it would!

Attachments

• 33E6F26C-8690-49B7-9D2E-1F694D826AD7.jpeg
    33E6F26C-8690-49B7-9D2E-1F694D826AD7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 85
Last edited: