Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla won’t let me hold. Spoke to someone today. They said if I reject, I get one more go. But they’ll just assign the first available car. Looks like I’m likely taking delivery this Friday.
on the plus side, you'll get your car sooner, and also the current lights are battle tested. the new ones may work really well, or may conk out in 4 months - who knows?

Reactions: rdmdriving
I sold my 2021 M3P to VROOM for 62k that I bought for 61.2k that had 3.6k miles on it.. whole process from start to money in account was about 10 days. Picking up car was longest part because there’s a driver shortage (go figure). Car was picked up Monday and money hit my account today. Still waiting for loan to be paid off but I’m guessing since they use plaid with my account it went way faster. Vroom was the highest offer by about 4k, Tesla offered me only 53k.
FWIW Tesla is giving me $605 more than Vroom. i just ran the vroom quote now after reading this post. Bummer!

Well, here is a cautionary tale for anyone daring to express their displeasure to Tesla for their endless EDD pushback game. Tesla's response to my rant yesterday was to push my EDD back yet again. My former EDD: 12 Jan-9 Feb has now changed to 19 Jan-16 Feb. I feel that it is direct retaliation for expressing my frustration. I feel exhausted and little hope that I will ever get my car. It is outrageous that we are forced to wait and wait and wait, with endless delays and EDD pushbacks. I sincerely hope that what I am experiencing does not happen to anyone else. ☹️😫😩😭🥵
I ordered about 10 weeks earlier and had a vin and delivery date yanked. You're still slated for shorter time than me. I don't see you being negatively targeted.

Hello Tesla Family,

I ordered my Tesla MS LR White/White, 19s, No FSD, on 7/4/2021 (RN1152) and received my VIN (NF467) this morning. I then received an email to schedule delivery for next week. Delivery location is Las Vegas. I don't think it will have the updated headlights, but will confirm when I take delivery and report back. It has been frustrating, but I hope everyone still waiting receives their vehicles soon. This is my first Tesla and I'm excited to join the family!

Screenshot_20220113-121307.png

I know SA knows next to nothing, so take this with a grain of salt. I texted my SA about the updated tail and headlights and she said it only exists in Asia and it's not coming to North America for now.

My order RN1147, Blue/Black 19" just got pushed back to Jan 24-Feb 20.

@MP3Mike is correct. They have been threatening to cancel orders for 3/Y, but I think that was related to end of year and people trying to delay until the potential federal tax credit in 2022.

Regarding your SA, when you get a VIN assigned just tell your SA you are not available for delivery until you feel comfortable that you are getting an updated car.
I got my VIN assigned for this same build. blue on black 19" I ordered in July. rejected one in december.

Reactions: VikH and rdmdriving
Have you called the main line yet?

I am entering my EDD tomorrow and curious how yours will move.
@Davidrun2B @ShanVan Hopefully one of you Washington residents is interested in a tow hitch on your S for a bike rack or similar. Torklift said they won't have a, EcoHitch Stealth one available for the refresh model S until someone local let's them use their car for measurements and design. :)

View attachment 755288

I know SA knows next to nothing, so take this with a grain of salt. I texted my SA about the updated tail and headlights and she said it only exists in Asia and it's not coming to North America for now.
They probably don't want people to skip their assigned VIN, so they'll come up with anything to get their sales processed. 😆

For anyone looking to sell their current car to VROOM, wanted to give a quick recap of my experience.

27 Dec - Got quote from Vroom (about 20% higher than Carvana, Carmax, and local dealers)
29 Dec - Completed initial car info/picture uploads on Vroom, received first round of docs to e-sign
2 Jan - Received FEDEX package with doc to sign, sent back on 5 Jan
6 Jan - Vroom received my title and signed paperwork, one more round of e-sign. Assigned pickup company/driver to me
11 Jan - Pickup driver reached out to schedule pickup
12 Jan - Car picked up and sent Bill of Lading to Vroom
Today - Just received full payment (as in they didn't change anything)

Overall a VERY easy and quick process. I've read plenty of horror stories online so YMMV but I also saw a few other people in here that have had great success over the past month.

You ordered over three months after me and are slated to get your car two weeks after me. It feels like you're doing pretty well in all honesty.
I think what we have here is a lack of communication. My initial post was not about my place in line relative to order date. I fully respect anyone who ordered LR ahead of me and think that anyone with earlier order date should be at the very front of the delivery line, no exceptions. My point in my post was simply to acknowledge how poorly I was treated when I expressed my disappointment in my EDD delivery dates being pushed out continuously after entering them. The person I talked to let me know with their response, by pushing a new EDD date even further out. I have had 3 EDD's less than 2 weeks, with my latest one in December only 6 days, before being pushed out to my latest EDD window, which I called Tesla about yesterday. They have incredibly poor communication with customers now, and I am saying this as a long time Tesla owner/enthusiast/stock owner. My SA told me last summer that I could expect delivery later in summer/early fall, and sold my MS on that communication. I have now been without a car for over 5 months now. I pleaded with them to give me an EDD that is realistic but to then honor that date. After 4 pushbacks with probably more to come, I have little faith in Tesla customer service now. Since Tesla does not advertise and relies on customers like me to inform potential customers, I have continuously pushed Tesla to all my friends and family members and anyone interested over the years, but now am at a crossroads about encouraging anyone to buy a Tesla given my experience over the past year and three months. I would not want anyone to experience this poor customer service.

Last edited:
For anyone looking to sell their current car to VROOM, wanted to give a quick recap of my experience.

27 Dec - Got quote from Vroom (about 20% higher than Carvana, Carmax, and local dealers)
29 Dec - Completed initial car info/picture uploads on Vroom, received first round of docs to e-sign
2 Jan - Received FEDEX package with doc to sign, sent back on 5 Jan
6 Jan - Vroom received my title and signed paperwork, one more round of e-sign. Assigned pickup company/driver to me
11 Jan - Pickup driver reached out to schedule pickup
12 Jan - Car picked up and sent Bill of Lading to Vroom
Today - Just received full payment (as in they didn't change anything)

Overall a VERY easy and quick process. I've read plenty of horror stories online so YMMV but I also saw a few other people in here that have had great success over the past month.
This echos my experience with Vroom. Really painless and quick. Had my money within 48 hours of pickup and the loan was paid off within 5 days. I did have to push for some communication, but I was likely just being impatient. :cool:

View attachment 755288

Although I know SA’s don’t always know everything, I feel like there hasn’t been any clear i
View attachment 755288

Although I know SA’s don’t necessarily always know everything, I feel there hasn’t been any clear indicator that these changes will be coming to US models?

Stopped my my local Tesla store to see if my car was in for my scheduled delivery tomorrow. Not in yet, was told it’s on a truck 3-4 hours outside of town.

There’s a dozen MS all LR, being prep for deliver. Not a single MS Plaid. There is a MX Plaid. First refresh X I’ve seen.

Also recall someone here hopping if their NF467 VIN secretly has light changes. Saw an NF467 here. No light changes.

Although I know SA’s don’t always know everything, I feel like there hasn’t been any clear i

Although I know SA’s don’t necessarily always know everything, I feel there hasn’t been any clear indicator that these changes will be coming to US models?

“Brand new Model S design with new headlights and charge port photographed in Taiwan! These changes are expected soon with deliveries in the US.“

Interesting- I see a few LRs in inventory on this app:
But when I look at those zips on the Tesla site for existing inventory I get nothing. Guess they are just matching to folks in those areas?

I think what we have here is a lack of communication. My initial post was not about my place in line relative to order date. I fully respect anyone who ordered LR ahead of me and think that anyone with earlier order date should be at the very front of the delivery line, no exceptions. My point in my post was simply to acknowledge how poorly I was treated when I expressed my disappointment in my EDD delivery dates being pushed out continuously after entering them. The person I talked to let me know with their response, by pushing a new EDD date even further out. I have had 3 EDD's less than 2 weeks, with my latest one in December only 6 days, before being pushed out to my latest EDD window, which I called Tesla about yesterday. They have incredibly poor communication with customers now, and I am saying this as a long time Tesla owner/enthusiast/stock owner. My SA told me last summer that I could expect delivery later in summer/early fall, and sold my MS on that communication. I have now been without a car for over 5 months now. I pleaded with them to give me an EDD that is realistic but to then honor that date. After 4 pushbacks with probably more to come, I have little faith in Tesla customer service now. Since Tesla does not advertise and relies on customers like me to inform potential customers, I have continuously pushed Tesla to all my friends and family members and anyone interested over the years, but now am at a crossroads about encouraging anyone to buy a Tesla given my experience over the past year and three months. I would not want anyone to experience this poor customer service.
I wasn't being negative. I was trying to be supportive. I'm sorry that you're having such a *sugar* time at this. I know how frustrating it is.