Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up today in Temecula. Inventory MS LR, White / Cream, 21s, no FSD -- and, best of all, my prior order price was honored 100%! RN1152 was for black / black / 21s, got tired of waiting. No new lights, no new charge port, but love the car nonetheless. Good luck to you all on the wait!
Cool- that is one I saw hit inventory yesterday. Congrats and enjoy!

Woke up with a VIN NF467! Delivery Jan 28-31

Ordered 6/9/21, black ext, white int, 19”, FSD, Brooklyn delivery
That’s my build (minus FSD) and my car is currently on the train (I’m in NJ). I’d bet your is also on that train. Enjoy!
Outstanding! That is my exact car, and I ordered 3 weeks after you, so hopefully mine will be coming next month!
I think he's getting his earlier because of shipping considerations. I'm April, same build. They must have made them in a batch and he benefited from the shipping situation. May not work the same for you. But hope that it does!

Reactions: rdmdriving
I have not been following my order since it has changed so many times (like most of you). However, earlier in the week I was sent a text inquiring about a trade in. Waited a couple of days and placed a call to make inquiries. Spoke with 2 individuals at Tesla, one was working remote and the other was at the delivery center closest to me. Both indicated that my Jan 13th- Feb 12th date looked good and late Jan/Early Feb most likely for delivery and that I should have a vin# in the next couple of weeks. I obtained my financing approval based on these conversations. I had my old MY ordered cancelled on me when I could not obtain the financing quick enough (it was an older order cancelled in Dec). Then I read about the new headlights and tail lights. For some that does not matter, but I have bought cars just because of the headlights. The LED's on my 2015 BMW X6 are awesome, and since I have never had an S for more than a couple of days (as a loaner) it never even crossed my mind as to whether the new S's headlights will be good. No Vin as of this morning and my date was moved back to Feb 4-Mar 4. Ordered 6/13/21 MS/White 19" RN 115146. My Caravan quote is only good until Feb early February. Since I am more than two weeks away from my new window, when do you think the best time to follow up would be concerning my trade and a potential VIN#? Really hoping for new headlights and early Feb delivery.

• Helpful
VIN today....RN1150 MSLR White/White/19s/removed FSD

Pick-up Monday. San Diego. Ordered late May.

Pretty stoked to upgrade the 2016.5 90D....which I can't figure out what to do with. After way way to many trips to the SC over the years now doesn't have the slightest rattle. I hope I don't have to start that process all over again!
Congratulations! I'm upgrading from the same. Would love to hear your comparison once you take delivery and have logged a few miles.

I have not been following my order since it has changed so many times (like most of you). However, earlier in the week I was sent a text inquiring about a trade in. Waited a couple of days and placed a call to make inquiries. Spoke with 2 individuals at Tesla, one was working remote and the other was at the delivery center closest to me. Both indicated that my Jan 13th- Feb 12th date looked good and late Jan/Early Feb most likely for delivery and that I should have a vin# in the next couple of weeks. I obtained my financing approval based on these conversations. I had my old MY ordered cancelled on me when I could not obtain the financing quick enough (it was an older order cancelled in Dec). Then I read about the new headlights and tail lights. For some that does not matter, but I have bought cars just because of the headlights. The LED's on my 2015 BMW X6 are awesome, and since I have never had an S for more than a couple of days (as a loaner) it never even crossed my mind as to whether the new S's headlights will be good. No Vin as of this morning and my date was moved back to Feb 4-Mar 4. Ordered 6/13/21 MS/White 19" RN 115146. My Caravan quote is only good until Feb early February. Since I am more than two weeks away from my new window, when do you think the best time to follow up would be concerning my trade and a potential VIN#? Really hoping for new headlights and early Feb delivery.
As far as I've read, we still don't know if and when new headlights are coming to North American cars. I'll believe it when we start seeing pictures of them in deliveries on this thread.

If I were in your position (new headlights are very important), I'd hold off on following up with them until after I've seen some solid evidence of new headlights pop up. If you believe they're really coming then I might even consider putting the order on hold to make sure you get them. But in this case I'd prepare for a longer wait - imho setting any type of expectation with Tesla is a recipe for disappointment.

Oh the twisted joy and pain. Today I received EDD change #17. I went from a Jan 23-Feb 21 EDD to a Jan 31-Feb 14. Valentines day If I am not mistaken. So my June 11, 2021 Order 11513 has slipped out a bit on the front end (Jan 31 just happens to be my birthday) but tightened up to a 2 week window. This is my second 2 week window and each time its gone out further once I get to that window. How long will this constant disappointment go on? Once again, these are first world problems so I try to remain stoic.

Super happy with our new MS LR that we took delivery of today!

Ordered 10/13/2021, delivered 3 months later on 1/13/2022.
Our original delivery was estimated for May-June 2022, so this has been a nice surprise.
Black exterior, white interior, 21's. No FSD.

Minor rattle in the rear passenger area TBD/may SC; otherwise, no defects, great condition, and *all the parts expected* delivered.

Smoother delivery experience and quality than our new Model Y we took delivery of a few weeks ago.
Would love to hear the Model Y Performance comparison

It's because you ordered after the price bump so your top priority. Most of us who ordered before the price bump are waiting 6+ months including me.
I was a RN1152 pre-price hike order and received my VIN yesterday with a delivery scheduled for next week. I have the same order as you. White/White, 19s, No FSD. I hope you receive your VIN soon!

Called to confirm with SA that my current delivery range of Jan 23-27 is accurate. They told me that 27-30th would probably be a better estimate but it could still be earlier.
They said the car is still at Fremont so my guess is that it's waiting with other cars to be placed on a train to Alabama. Anyone have more information on this?
Is the SA I spoke with full of it?

Is anyone in the same boat as me. I wonder who else is taking delivery around my area (Richmond VA)

As far as I've read, we still don't know if and when new headlights are coming to North American cars. I'll believe it when we start seeing pictures of them in deliveries on this thread.

If I were in your position (new headlights are very important), I'd hold off on following up with them until after I've seen some solid evidence of new headlights pop up. If you believe they're really coming then I might even consider putting the order on hold to make sure you get them. But in this case I'd prepare for a longer wait - imho setting any type of expectation with Tesla is a recipe for disappointment.
Is "putting the order on hold" same as "reject a vin"? My EDD is Jan 17 - 31 and I actually plan to delay the delivery for some alternative (R1T/Lightning).

Called to confirm with SA that my current delivery range of Jan 23-27 is accurate. They told me that 27-30th would probably be a better estimate but it could still be earlier.
They said the car is still at Fremont so my guess is that it's waiting with other cars to be placed on a train to Alabama. Anyone have more information on this?

Is anyone in the same boat as me. I wonder who else is taking delivery around my area (Richmond VA)
Do you have a VIN?

I'd have thought your car would be in the Mid-Atlantic delivery route which I think is train to NJ and road carrier to a local service center.