Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for information here gentlemen.
I was contacted at the very end of the year by my SA, they had a match for my MSMLR. I confirmed the configuration and told them to proceed. They assigned a MF428 VIN. Was to be delivered to my door on 12/30. Got a call, they were not able to update my firmware, therefore could not deliver the vehicle. We rescheduled to 12/31. Another phone call, can't update the firmware. Said they would have to order parts. No ETA on the parts at this point in time.
The VIN has been removed from my account since the beginning of the year. My EDD went to late Feb/Mar, but has since updated to late Jan/Feb. There was a discount attached to that VIN, almost $3000. Unfortunately I only noticed the discount after things went south.
Welcome all thoughts on the subject.

I was contacted at the very end of the year by my SA, they had a match for my MSMLR. I confirmed the configuration and told them to proceed. They assigned a MF428 VIN. Was to be delivered to my door on 12/30. Got a call, they were not able to update my firmware, therefore could not deliver the vehicle. We rescheduled to 12/31. Another phone call, can't update the firmware. Said they would have to order parts. No ETA on the parts at this point in time.
The VIN has been removed from my account since the beginning of the year. My EDD went to late Feb/Mar, but has since updated to late Jan/Feb. There was a discount attached to that VIN, almost $3000. Unfortunately I only noticed the discount after things went south.
I was offered a MSM 2021 model (MF vin) manufactured in May. It had damage disclosure on the body and they gave me $2800 discount. I did not accept the offer as it is already an year old model and the car has deprecated its value by 10%. I would suggest to pass on this if possible. The Tesla should offer good discount (which they will not) for the MF vehicle to be sold. Ask the manufacturing/Birth date of the car. That will tell you much about the car.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
MF428 dates back to the early days of production of the refreshed S in 2021. Given what you describe, this car has issues. Caveat emptor. I keep preaching that I will accept whatever car is offered but even I would have second thoughts on this. In any event you may be off the hook as VIN is gone.

Looks like your car is from the summer build during the lack of parts and bastard lot at Fremont fiasco last year. You may want to hold off for a NF VIN so you're getting a 22 model. Possibly you'll get the updated lights if they come out soon. If it's attached to your account, you can ask your SA to release it and you want to wait for a 22' VIN. You can reject twice, so you'll be good.

What's your RN and order date?

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Looks like your car is from the summer build during the lack of parts and bastard lot at Fremont fiasco last year. You may want to hold off for a NF VIN so you're getting a 22 model. Possibly you'll get the updated lights if they come out soon. If it's attached to your account, you can ask your SA to release it and you want to wait for a 22' VIN. You can reject twice, so you'll be good.

RN1151, late June

I was to a point I wasn't caring about if it was a 21 or 22. But now I want the 22. I have to say the lights probably don't make a big difference for me.
In any case, I do believe I'll contact the delivery manager of my store and tell him I'll just wait for my order to come through.

Reactions: chrisdh79
How do you guys have these SA that tell you when your expecting VIN, delivery, or if your EDD is accurate. Everytime I ask about my delivery to my SA all she does is tell me my EDD which I can clearly see in the app. Sigh...
Screenshot_20220114-125451.png

Ya no crap. I can clearly see that in the app/website. Just be honest and say you don't know anything lol...

How did you get them honor the same price? Call SA or something else? And did you already get an inventory car booked already? Sorry that's a lot of questions. I wanna do the same :):):)
Funny thing is . . . I didn't "get them" to do anything. I was willing to pay the extra cash and they had me acknowledge that fact via text. However, when they actually pulled the trigger and gave me an inventory VIN matched to my account, it saved my prior pricing. SA simply said: "I'm not going to say anything" ;)

View attachment 755671
Ya no crap. I can clearly see that in the app/website. Just be honest and say you don't know anything lol...
Honestly the best way to deal with it is to accept that the SAs don't really know anything we don't... Even when you see people say that their SA told them X, I would say more times than not that the SA is blowing smoke. Best plan is to just ride it out via the website EDD and only text with questions related to the car itself.

Is "putting the order on hold" same as "reject a vin"? My EDD is Jan 17 - 31 and I actually plan to delay the delivery for some alternative (R1T/Lightning).
Putting the order on hold would be a proactive move to avoid getting a VIN.

If you're asking whether the ramifications are the same, your guess is as good as mine. There was some conversation earlier in this thread about the new policies for Model 3/Y: 2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

Reactions: jackk
FOMO....... Added back FSD in the app for $10K and original price did not change (phew) , especially having removed FSD in Sep (see signature for the EDD rollercoaster).... 14th EDD change to Feb 1-15.....2 week window yet again in 2 weeks... Back to getting educated following the thread and updating the app several times a day...... Happy Friday Y'all...

I’ve been told by 3 people at Tesla this week I’m only able to reject once. And rejection likely results in an existing VIN being assigned the second time, rather than a brand new factory VIN.

I’ve been lied to by Tesla tons of times so not sure if this is 100% correct. I want to reject and hold for new lights but keep being told it’s not possible not matter who or how I ask. Delivery in 2hrs, assuming the car is actually there this time.

I’ve been told by 3 people at Tesla this week I’m only able to reject once. And rejection likely results in an existing VIN being assigned the second time, rather than a brand new factory VIN.

I’ve been lied to by Tesla tons of times so not sure if this is 100% correct. I want to reject and hold for new lights but keep being told it’s not possible not matter who or how I ask. Delivery in 2hrs, assuming the car is actually there this time.
Unlikely that they would assign the same VIN. As they like to get rid of it in a few days. Ask about putting it on hold instead. I rejected two vins (Sept and Nov) and got "fresh" VINs a couple weeks later.

Reactions: chrisdh79