Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD just got pushed back from Jan 31 - Feb 13 to Feb 4 - Mar 4... DOH!!! I was kind of liking that 2-week window while it lasted! In reality, this is fine with me, as I'll be out of the country from Feb 1 - 18, and this reduces the chances my car will show up early in that window and I'll have to pass on it. From the flyover videos, it seems the factory is running full tilt on production right now, so I assume the slowdown is due to transportation delays.

I'm also hopeful that this push-back might result in my car having the updated headlights/tail-lights, though I certainly won't reject it if it doesn't at this point. Seems like my total order time will be around 9 months by the time I get the car.

MSLR deep blue metalic, 19" wheels ordered Nov 2021. EDD when ordered was Dec 2022, then June 2022, then April 2022. Then changed to June 2022 yesterday.

This thread shows a tons of people waiting. It reminds me of that Seifeld episode at the rental counter in the airport. Jerry said "you know how to take the reservation but you dont know how to keep it".

MSLR deep blue metalic, 19" wheels ordered Nov 2021. EDD when ordered was Dec 2022, then June 2022, then April 2022. Then changed to June 2022 yesterday.

This thread shows a tons of people waiting. It reminds me of that Seifeld episode at the rental counter in the airport. Jerry said "you know how to take the reservation but you dont know how to keep it".
Mine is the same model with August order (1154) and April EDD. It has been April for over a month

Reactions: rdmdriving
It's absolutely laughable that Elon continues to raise the price of FSD without bringing any new features or content to people who aren't beta testers. Given that beta testers a) need to approve to have all driving behavior monitored for aptitude, b) work hard (and get lucky) to even qualify for the beta in the first place, c) can't complain about faulty functionality in any legitimate way since it's "beta", and d) need to drive more carefully with FSD beta than without.

No disrespect to folks that are shelling out for this, but Elon is out of his mind if he thinks he's going to get even $10k of my money for the current state of FSD, let alone $12k. I have zero confidence that FSD will roll out to anyone but a tiny group of chosen ones within the next 2 years.

The single greatest regret I have purchasing my M3P in May of 2019 is paying even $6k for it.
I'm not sure which direction I'm going to go. I've locked in the $10k price and after reading some of these forums I'm thinking of just cancelling before the car arrives. The only advantage I could see is potentially the resale value in 4+ years IF: FSD materially improves & prices keep going up.

I wonder if we're on the same train.

Anyone have a secret way to track the trains? My SA feign ignorance when I ask if there is a way to see where the car is.
I asked my SA if they had any rough delivery/volume estimates for MSLR at my location and their response was literally "We have been seeing more Model S Long Ranges become available for those who have been waiting."

These guys could be some great politicians with non-answers like that!

I'm not sure which direction I'm going to go. I've locked in the $10k price and after reading some of these forums I'm thinking of just cancelling before the car arrives. The only advantage I could see is potentially the resale value in 4+ years IF: FSD materially improves & prices keep going up.

Remove it. I got FSD locked in at $6k and that is still too expensive. I rarely use it on my MYP. If you live in a rural area, you might get more use out of it.

Remove it. I got FSD locked in at $6k and that is still too expensive. I rarely use it on my MYP. If you live in a rural area, you might get more use out of it.
Nah, it does horrible in rural areas too. Have it on the Model 3 we have right now - horrible, would have killed me every day at this point more than once on a simple rural drive into town and back.

Anything beyond basic autopilot lane steering is worthless right now on a Tesla - if standard AP is dangerous at times on road trips and can't deal with some basic scenarios.

Nah, it does horrible in rural areas too. Have it on the Model 3 we have right now - horrible, would have killed me every day at this point more than once on a simple rural drive into town and back.

Anything beyond basic autopilot lane steering is worthless right now on a Tesla - if standard AP is dangerous at times on road trips and can't deal with some basic scenarios.
Agree 100% (if it wasn't clear from my rant). I highly encourage everyone to avoid pre-purchasing FSD. Especially if you think there's a chance your next car might be a Tesla, since Tesla won't give you any trade in credit for having it. I never own cars more than 3 years, so now that the sub is available, it makes zero sense for me to pay up front given it doesn't do much for resale. And that's even IF the system provided actual value, which it really doesn't. Elon raising prices based on implied value is absurd, and my aim is to discourage as many people as possible from buying it so he finally gets the message that people won't stand for this garbage.

As Travwill said, the system in its current form is barely good enough to (sort of) free up an extra hand for a few minutes on the highway if you're grabbing a sandwich or something. It's years away from a good autopilot solution.

I just wish they would offer EAP again. It's really all you need.

Order: RN1152 | Order Date: 07/07/21 | Order Location: Maryland| Order Model: LR | Order Customizations: None | Order Color: Deep Blue Metallic Exterior/Black Interior | CURRENT DELIVERY WINDOW: FEBRUARY (as of 1/18/22)- WAS OCTOBER, EARLY NOVEMBER, LATE NOVEMBER, EARLY DECEMBER, LATE DECEMBER, LATE JANUARY/FEBRUARY, FEBRUARY...

The moving EDD is so frustrating. Any tips on getting it sooner? I'd be willing to fly to Fremont (or wherever in US) to get it sooner. I sold my primary car in October thinking it was a few weeks away, so the wait is killing me.

Moved from 2/12-3/12 to 3/19-3/31. Tighter window is good I guess? The longer it's pushed out the more I can save on a bigger down payment. 🤷‍♂️
Tighter window is good, but hard to say with something two months out? I would think that you can use a couple others here to gauge when/if your dates are sticking. I ordered the same config back in May and am in VA so based on my window vs yours I would say it's fairly accurate (for now...).

Order: RN1152 | Order Date: 07/07/21 | Order Location: Maryland| Order Model: LR | Order Customizations: None | Order Color: Deep Blue Metallic Exterior/Black Interior | CURRENT DELIVERY WINDOW: FEBRUARY (as of 1/18/22)- WAS OCTOBER, EARLY NOVEMBER, LATE NOVEMBER, EARLY DECEMBER, LATE DECEMBER, LATE JANUARY/FEBRUARY, FEBRUARY...

The moving EDD is so frustrating. Any tips on getting it sooner? I'd be willing to fly to Fremont (or wherever in US) to get it sooner. I sold my primary car in October thinking it was a few weeks away, so the wait is killing me.
I remember when I went through the bargaining phase of my Tesla journey.

You can keep track of inventory and get yourself matched to an exact configuration match (no increase in price as long as it is an exact match). That's what I did.

tesla-info is a good site for that

Agree 100% (if it wasn't clear from my rant). I highly encourage everyone to avoid pre-purchasing FSD. Especially if you think there's a chance your next car might be a Tesla, since Tesla won't give you any trade in credit for having it. I never own cars more than 3 years, so now that the sub is available, it makes zero sense for me to pay up front given it doesn't do much for resale. And that's even IF the system provided actual value, which it really doesn't. Elon raising prices based on implied value is absurd, and my aim is to discourage as many people as possible from buying it so he finally gets the message that people won't stand for this garbage.

As Travwill said, the system in its current form is barely good enough to (sort of) free up an extra hand for a few minutes on the highway if you're grabbing a sandwich or something. It's years away from a good autopilot solution.

I just wish they would offer EAP again. It's really all you need.
I am with you 100%. No reason to buy the fool self driving.

The reason they dropped EAP is because if it was still available, 99% of the people would go with FSD. The phantom braking issues on my wife make it virtually unusable for about 90% of the time I'd like/need it. Biggest Tesla scam/overhyped/misrepresented item is the atrocious FSD. I'll approach FSD like stocks, sell on rumor, buy on fact. The fact is FSD is straight up damn near worthless and went they went to vision only, they shafted us all.