Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He also mentioned that if I unmatched the car, my order may be canceled because the term states that I need to pick up my car otherwise they have the right to cancel the order. Moreover, since this is the second attempt of delivery, it gets more possible to get my order canceled.

Is it true or is it just a way the salesperson pushing me to take the car without inspection? Will it jeopardize my order if I put the order on hold and unmatch the car again?
Check your order agreement document. Pretty much all order agreements for orders placed in the last 7 moths include a clause that you have to take delivery within 90 days of your order date or they can cancel your order and keep the order fee. (With the exception that you can go past the 90-day window if the delay is because of Tesla.) It also says that they may let you reconfigure your order, to the current price book, so essentially use your order fee to place a new order, likely putting you at the end of the line.

• Informative
Reactions: JeffN
I am RN1154 MSLR Blue/Black/19/no FSD in Missouri. I ordered August 1st. Initial EDD March-April then February then December 2021 then November then October then December. Even had a 4d window of Dec. 27-31 for a time. Today slipped to Feb. 7 to Mar. 7. Hoping to get the car at the initially quoted EDD.
I'm also 1154, having ordered a couple of days after you. I'm in Tennessee. Still showing April for my EDD.

Theirs another guy who posted here who's also in Houston and his SA said the same exact thing to expect it by first week of February. I'm also in Houston July order so I contacted my SA about it and she said "If there are no delays it seems that you would have a VIN assigned during the first two weeks in FEB." It looks like batch of model s are coming to Houston on February for delivery. I hope this is true.
I'm in Houston. Ordered at the end of July and I have a delivery appointment of next Thursday, the 28th. Although I originally selected to pick up at the North location, they are delivering it to my home. They called today to verify the amount of my DCU loan was accurate as I am paying the majority and financing a smaller amount. I asked if it was still scheduled for the 28th and she said yes it should arrive at the sc on the 25th so I may get it before the 28th. White on cream, 19" wheels.

I'm in Houston. Ordered at the end of July and I have a delivery appointment of next Thursday, the 28th. Although I originally selected to pick up at the North location, they are delivering it to my home. They called today to verify the amount of my DCU loan was accurate as I am paying the majority and financing a smaller amount. I asked if it was still scheduled for the 28th and she said yes it should arrive at the sc on the 25th so I may get it before the 28th. White on cream, 19" wheels.
I ordered slightly before you with same config, so it's weird for you getting before me. What is your insurance rate and how long did it take you upload your insurance + make payment?

I just got a call from Tesla asking me to pick up my Model S in the following three days. Unfortunately, I am out of town and cannot take the delivery. The salesperson told me that they can drop the car, and most of the people do not inspect their cars. He also mentioned that if I unmatched the car, my order may be canceled because the term states that I need to pick up my car otherwise they have the right to cancel the order. Moreover, since this is the second attempt of delivery, it gets more possible to get my order canceled.

Is it true or is it just a way the salesperson pushing me to take the car without inspection? Will it jeopardize my order if I put the order on hold and unmatch the car again?

Moreover, I saw some posts asking not to pay before I inspect the car. I wonder how this works? They ask me to pay and finish all the paper works online and they will directly deliver the car to my home. If I don't pay, they will definitely not deliver the car, so there is no way for me to inspect the car before payment.
Yeah I was told something similar and I decided to take delivery (next Wednesday; it’d be my first Tesla delivery).

I asked if I could put my order on hold but they said no. But there are TMC members reporting successful hold.
My wild guess is that they may be trying to get rid of cars with the current-gen lights. Whatever. I will pay the pre-hike price and the current lights are what I ordered; I’m gladly taking it and will definitely enjoy the ownership.

Regarding home delivery - I think it‘d be geo-specific. In WA, the delivery person can’t just drop off the car and leave so s/he can take payment from the customer. That’s what I’ll do - handover the check after inspection then schedule followup service appointments. But I was told that CA and OR have diff policy.

Hub. Klutchtech Tesla Model 3/Y USB Hub 4-in-1 Center Console Adapter, Model 3 Model Y Accessories Game & Boombox Music USB Hub 2021 Upgrade for Refreshed 2021 Model 3 Model Y https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YDTNWKQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_8D6A24Z2MFFJBVG7DY3F

Edge protector. 3M 90211 36" Paint Defender Door Edge Protection Film https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IOQHRH6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_EFS0F2NWDDBD38D75EEM

Insert AOSK for Tesla Refreshed Model S Center Console Cup Holder Insert 2021 2022 New Model S only Amazon.com

Caps Lan yu, Tesla Model 3 Wheel Center Hub Cap Kit, S & X Wheel Cap Kit Center Cap Lug Nut Covers (4 Hub Center Caps + 20 Wheel Lug Nut Covers+1Pack Wrench) Tesla Accessories, For Blacksilver Amazon.com

Shade 2021-2022 Tesla Model S Glass Roof Sunshade

Dead pedal. VCiiC Stainless Steel Non-Slip Rubber Footrest Foot Rest Pedal Cover Pad with Adhesive for Tesla Model X Model S Amazon.com: VCiiC Stainless Steel Non-Slip Rubber Footrest Foot Rest Pedal Cover Pad with Adhesive for Tesla Model X Model S : Automotive
Thanks really debating to go with the aero wheels or remove them and get the hub cap kit. Anyone done research on how many miles lost by removing the aerocaps? Thought I had seen a post somewhere but can't seem to locate it.

I ordered slightly before you with same config, so it's weird for you getting before me. What is your insurance rate and how long did it take you upload your insurance + make payment?
I use Safeco and they quoted $139 per month, married 49 year old with clean record and no claims. Not sure if this is a good rate or not. When I got my VIN last week, I had my loan check from DCU mailed and my insurance card updated with the VIN within 2 days. Tesla updated my account the following day to show the check from DCU.

Reactions: RxVanco