Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hub. Klutchtech Tesla Model 3/Y USB Hub 4-in-1 Center Console Adapter, Model 3 Model Y Accessories Game & Boombox Music USB Hub 2021 Upgrade for Refreshed 2021 Model 3 Model Y https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YDTNWKQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_8D6A24Z2MFFJBVG7DY3F

Edge protector. 3M 90211 36" Paint Defender Door Edge Protection Film Amazon.com

Insert AOSK for Tesla Refreshed Model S Center Console Cup Holder Insert 2021 2022 New Model S only Amazon.com

Caps Lan yu, Tesla Model 3 Wheel Center Hub Cap Kit, S & X Wheel Cap Kit Center Cap Lug Nut Covers (4 Hub Center Caps + 20 Wheel Lug Nut Covers+1Pack Wrench) Tesla Accessories, For Blacksilver Amazon.com

Shade 2021-2022 Tesla Model S Glass Roof Sunshade

Dead pedal. VCiiC Stainless Steel Non-Slip Rubber Footrest Foot Rest Pedal Cover Pad with Adhesive for Tesla Model X Model S Amazon.com: VCiiC Stainless Steel Non-Slip Rubber Footrest Foot Rest Pedal Cover Pad with Adhesive for Tesla Model X Model S : Automotive
Thanks. Wow! That's an extensive list.

Yeah I was told something similar and I decided to take delivery (next Wednesday; it’d be my first Tesla delivery).

I asked if I could put my order on hold but they said no. But there are TMC members reporting successful hold.
My wild guess is that they may be trying to get rid of cars with the current-gen lights. Whatever. I will pay the pre-hike price and the current lights are what I ordered; I’m gladly taking it and will definitely enjoy the ownership.

Regarding home delivery - I think it‘d be geo-specific. In WA, the delivery person can’t just drop off the car and leave so s/he can take payment from the customer. That’s what I’ll do - handover the check after inspection then schedule followup service appointments. But I was told that CA and OR have diff policy.

Did they say your order will be canceled if you unmatch your VIN for the first time? I don't think it is reasonable.
The wait time is unpredictable and is several months. Who can keep staying at home indefinitely only for waiting for a car?

I called in multiple times and got the following information. Could anyone help confirm the correctness of these statements?
- Before Tesla cancels your order, it will do the best (sending emails, texts, phone calls, etc.) to warn you, so you can take actions to avoid cancellation. The order will only be automatically canceled if you take no action.
- The customer subject to auto-cancellation will have a tag on the file. You cannot see it, but the SAs can. This tag is for SAs to warn a customer that if he refuses delivery again or keeps holding the order, the order will be canceled. I don't have that tag in my order, so I will be safe to unmatch the VIN and hold the order again.
- It is typically that your order will be canceled if you refuse delivery two times, but if you don't have that tag in your profile, you are fine. They don't know what is the algorithm to generate the tag either.
- Unmatching VINs is treated the same as inspecting the car and refusing delivery.
- Only 3s/Ys were observed automatically canceled. No Ss/Xs were automatically canceled.

If these statements are correct, does anyone know what is the maximum number of times to refuse delivery? Since I will be treated as refusing two times if I unmatch the VIN again this time, I am afraid that I can only take the car when I inspect it for the next delivery no matter what or forfeit my order otherwise.

• Informative
Reactions: rdmdriving
Got a VIN! NF468
Delivery Sunday 23 Jan.
Congratulations!

Dug up this old post: 2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking. Looks like they're going to make that 1/11-1/25 window after all.

Since then my 1/12-1/26 window was bumped out to 2/1-3/1. Still happily waiting my turn... wondering how many more EDD changes are in store for my order. Given everything I've seen here, I'll be happy if they just make the original February estimate.

• Informative
Wowza - nice that all those from TBD came back with similar dates... mine now went from February 2022 to June 12-July 10

RN1151 order - that will put me at a solid year from order...
Same here…RN11514. Changed to feb 2022 earlier this week. Woke up today to may-June EDD…really hoping this is a glitch…What’s your config? I’m blue/cream/19/no fsd

• Informative
Same here…RN11514. Changed to feb 2022 earlier this week. Woke up today to may-June EDD…really hoping this is a glitch…What’s your config? I’m blue/cream/19/no fsd
Pretty much the same - blue/cream/19 +FSD

Side note - can't seem to find a way to add this to my signature is that one of those things you need like 5 posts to do?

Same here.......RN1149. Changed to Feb 2022 earlier this week. Woke up today to June - July. I hope this is a glitch too!