Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm an 1147. Got pushed again to Feb 13 - Mar 13. At least now its on a 30 day window not an 8 week. The wait is getting really old. I was told by the SA that I should go in and update trade and payment. The EDD pushed 2 days later.

Am I the last 1147 to not have a car?
Highly unlikely. I'm 1143 with no car...

I'm an 1147. Got pushed again to Feb 13 - Mar 13. At least now its on a 30 day window not an 8 week. The wait is getting really old. I was told by the SA that I should go in and update trade and payment. The EDD pushed 2 days later.

1147.... Feb 3-17... 🤞

Since it hasn't been mentioned in a while in this thread, for those taking delivery recently, did your car come with summer or all season tires on it? Or is there a different thread where it's discussed? Would much rather have all season as most have stated, and I did ask about getting all season but they will not commit to it and I get what I get.

Reactions: rdmdriving
Since it hasn't been mentioned in a while in this thread, for those taking delivery recently, did your car come with summer or all season tires on it? Or is there a different thread where it's discussed? Would much rather have all season as most have stated, and I did ask about getting all season but they will not commit to it and I get what I get.
Most 19’s come with A/S from what I’ve seen. Also snow states get A/S also. I would confirm with your SA, and let them know you want A/S tires to get it in writing for delivery day.

Most 19’s come with A/S from what I’ve seen. Also snow states get A/S also. I would confirm with your SA, and let them know you want A/S tires to get it in writing for delivery day.

Pretty sure all 21" wheels get the summers. the 19" have been a mixed bag but it does seem like Tesla is somewhat agreeable to swap out to A/S tires if requested.

Very sorry to see that anyone with 1147 order does not have their car yet. No excuse and reprehensible. I raised holy hell with my SA last week after I got pushed out to end of quarter along with many others. I asked to speak to a manager, but they are cowardly and refused to talk to me. Tesla has a serious communication problem. I have seen a lot of deliveries for people who ordered after me, and find it completely unacceptable that anyone ordering before me is still waiting for their deliveries.

Wow, simply unbelievable and unacceptable. Sorry to see anyone who ordered before me with no car yet. I would raise holy hell with your SA and Tesla. I am in the process of writing Elon a letter about my negative experience. Probably won't do anything, but I will send it on anyway to at least let him know what is going on. The SA I talked to last week when I was pushed out again EOQ actually encouraged me to write Elon.

Wow, simply unbelievable and unacceptable. Sorry to see anyone who ordered before me with no car yet. I would raise holy hell with your SA and Tesla. I am in the process of writing Elon a letter about my negative experience. Probably won't do anything, but I will send it on anyway to at least let him know what is going on. The SA I talked to last week when I was pushed out again EOQ actually encouraged me to write Elon.
I think we'll all be glad when you get your car.

Mine is doing every 5 days. Jane 15th- Jan-20th and now Jan 25th......I really hope that is the sign of VIN popping up soon! 🙏 🤞
I think it is. I think it's "easier" for them to just push you out another month. I think the algorithms are attempting to be somewhite precise.
I did have an SA say to me the EDD should be renamed something like "VIN drop date"
hang in there! it's worth the wait!

For anyone concerned about the current lights, Consumer reports rates the current refreshed model differently than the 2020 model.

Here is what they said about the 2020 (pre-refresh).
Headlights
Standard LED lights do only a fair job of lighting up the road ahead. While the light is very bright it projects only a modest distance ahead and lacks the width we're accustomed to with other low beams. Some streaks and lack of uniformity in the low beam are also detract.

Here is what they say about the 2021-22 MS LR.
Headlights
The Model S’s standard LED headlights were rated as doing a “good” job overall of lighting the road ahead. As with most LEDs, the Tesla’s headlights provide a high level of intensity with a very white and bright light.

The low beams provide “good” levels of light straight down the road, capable of providing just enough light so the driver has time to see, react, and brake for anything ahead from about 60 mph or less. Visibility to sides of the road was rated at “very good,” in line with the better-performing LED-equipped vehicles. Sideward visibility, which can help drivers see pedestrians and wildlife entering from the sides of the road, and in navigating corners, is typically an advantage of LED headlights vs. halogen lamps.

The Model S’s high beams were rated as “very good,” lighting the road ahead to a distance that is typical of better-performing systems. Automatic high beams are a selectable option in the on-screen lighting menu. This system can help drivers take advantage of the additional visibility that high beams bring more frequently, as the system automatically switches the high beams on anytime traffic and conditions allow. But, some of our testers found Tesla’s automatic high beams to be overly sensitive and occasionally erratic, for example the system had a tendency to turn the high beams off in response to light sources other than traffic for seemingly no reason.

Quite a difference in their review of them. I did find it interesting too that they said the refreshed S would gotten their highest road test score ever if it wasn't for the yoke. Not to mention in their testing the MS LR had a better 0-60 time than the 2020 S performance model (don't know what mode they used for it) at 3.2 for MS LR vs 3.5 for the Performance. In addition they specifically called out that the car just keeps pulling after 60. So if even CR notices it, it should be pretty solid.

FOMO - So easy to get caught up in missing out on some new feature with Tesla. On the 3/Y platform the pace is far more rapid than the S it seems. I almost got sucked into that with our Y. It kept seeming like the structural battery pack was right around the corner. I am so glad I didn't wait. I got a lot of enjoyment out of the car in the interim.

At the same time, I can see if you plan on holding the car for a long time, you want to get the best feature set you can. It is just so hard to gauge what is really around the corner with Tesla and what is a lot farther out than you might think. This crazy/chaotic ordering system just adds to the mess.

I really want the new headlights. This is the one thing still in the back of my mind if the S is actually delivered in the new few weeks as the chaos monkey predicts. This would be a nice upgrade that I'd appreciate. As usual you never know if this will pan out. At this point I don't want to wait any longer. Where it does impact me is I would seriously consider about upgrading the car later on if they do come out in the next 6-9 months. I had planned to go full PPF but I'd hate to invest if if I will upgrade in the next year or so. Given the past cost of lights, assuming you could even do it, I could likely sell mine and buy back in for less.

While I really think Teslas need it, you don't get really anything when you go to sell the car. Full PPF is 6k+ here, even a frontal is going to be 2k, so still sort of torn what to do. Maybe I'll be the unicorn and get the new lights but I highly doubt that. Any thoughts?
Am of the same thought now that you mention it.....one of them anyway... :)

If I have to take delivery of a VIN pre-new lights, I will forgo the PPF + tinting and flip it. I'm already 14k below current pricing, so the impact should be minimal with this crazy used car market the way it is.

• Disagree
Reactions: chrisdh79
If I have to take delivery of a VIN pre-new lights, I will forgo the PPF + tinting and flip it. I'm already 14k below current pricing, so the impact should be minimal with this crazy used car market the way it is.
Careful, there are rumors that Tesla has started deny listing people that sell cars quickly after taking delivery. (Buying for resale is prohibited in the order agreement.)

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911