Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well the emotional rollercoaster continues - woke up this morning to a 10 day window and my date pulled way in. To note I did change my payment to cash as others suggested ... not sure if that had anything to do with it. Current EDD 2/7-2/17
Pushed out yet again. From Jan29-Feb26 to Feb5-Feb15. Hopefully that VIN is coming. Wht/Blk, 21, no FSD.
MAN CONGRATS. Its insane it took so long, I hope your delivery goes smooth

Reactions: rdmdriving
I'm an 1147. Got pushed again to Feb 13 - Mar 13. At least now its on a 30 day window not an 8 week. The wait is getting really old. I was told by the SA that I should go in and update trade and payment. The EDD pushed 2 days later.

Am I the last 1147 to not have a car?
Jesse, I’m an 1146 without a car and pushed to March. This BS is old.

Received a 467 VIN this past Fri night and scheduled delivery for yesterday. I had an EDD of Feb 5 - Feb 18 when the VIN was assigned. Picked up the car yesterday.

Attachments

• 20220124_115800.jpg
    20220124_115800.jpg
    931 KB · Views: 138
Took delivery Friday (1/21) and did get the 1 year of free premium connectivity. It's a nice perk, but i'd buy it either way if I didn't get it. $10/month is well worth it to me for google earth display and voice command navigation to google listed destinations.

Good to know. When did you originally order?

Received a 467 VIN this past Fri night and scheduled delivery for yesterday. I had an EDD of Feb 5 - Feb 18 when the VIN was assigned. Picked up the car yesterday.

Congrats! What is your build date?

Reactions: B@ndit
Took delivery Friday (1/21) and did get the 1 year of free premium connectivity. It's a nice perk, but i'd buy it either way if I didn't get it. $10/month is well worth it to me for google earth display and voice command navigation to google listed destinations.
How did the delivery go for you? Any issues? Please post pics of the car.

For those still waiting, Deep Blue Metallic seems to be cranking out of Fremont with gusto right now on the inventory site. I appear to have snagged one (after calling three people at Tesla - the national number, the dealership in Las Vegas, and then finally my own SA after getting and emailing my SA's manager) by changing my ordered interior of black to the cream/walnut that they had available. I went from having an EDD of April to May sometime to getting a VIN and delivery appointment for February 12. It does seem they do paint colors and interiors in batches. Might be worth a shot if, like me, you are fed up with shifting dates and waiting.

Reactions: howdidIgethere
My 2nd EDD move today. OD, RN1162, was 12/28, EDD progress July -> Mar 18 -31 (!?) -> Apr 07 - May 05. I'm guessing it'll get back out to July, or farther, at some point. Which is fine because that's about what I was planning for anyways. The March dates seemed really unlikely to me with so many earlier orders still waiting.

For those still waiting, Deep Blue Metallic seems to be cranking out of Fremont with gusto right now on the inventory site. I appear to have snagged one (after calling three people at Tesla - the national number, the dealership in Las Vegas, and then finally my own SA after getting and emailing my SA's manager) by changing my ordered interior of black to the cream/walnut that they had available. I went from having an EDD of April to May sometime to getting a VIN and delivery appointment for February 12. It does seem they do paint colors and interiors in batches. Might be worth a shot if, like me, you are fed up with shifting dates and waiting.

Hmm.... interesting. LR / Blue / Cream is my build, and there's inventory? I don't have a VIN yet. Could be a Canadian vs US build thing, though I'm not convinced there's differences. Maybe the VIN gets registered either US or Canada, and they can't switch it up.

Anyway, that's encouraging that mine might be under construction now.

How did the delivery go for you? Any issues? Please post pics of the car.
Ahh, I've had better experiences. I was going to put it all in a initial review post and post it in an actual review thread as opposed to a delivery thread, but specific to delivery:

Scheduled for home delivery 1000 to 1200 Friday, 21 Jan, SA calls and says he's on his way at 1100 and should be here in 30. Great. I see him show up on Nest cam and notice him stop in front of the driveway. After a long minutes he pulls to the side of the road to let someone by and just sits there for a good while, eventually leaving the car parked in the street (it's a neighborhood so there aren't many cars). Comes to the door, gives me the keycards and waits for me in my foyer while I go inspect. Overall the car is fantastic. No issues with body panels, crazy gaps (that I notice, and frankly I don't want to know about it if they really are because right now I'm happy with it). Interior is flawless other than the very minor yoke worm and the console light issue. No wrinkles in leather, damage to wood trim, nothing. Outside there are 4-5 very minor issues less than the size of a pea, which I photograph and come back inside to tell him about. He assures me that service can remedy those.

We proceed with the paperwork, and I had a little bit of a shock when I found that the actual appraised value of my trade in was $600 more than they gave me - the SA claimed it was because I modified the trunk. All I did was remove the T logo and replace with TESLA lettering. If I had known that was going to ding me for $600 I would have returned to stock myself!

Paperwork signed, we had one more thing to do, and that was to accept in the app so I could take ownership and use phone-as-key, but it wouldn't work. The blue button was "grayed out" and couldn't be pressed. The SA has no clue what's going on and calls the dealership. None of them know either, but he promises he'll get me straightened out when he gets back to Owings Mills. Minorly offputting, but whatever. One other irritation was that the SA wouldn't give me his personal (work) contact email to send the photos to. He just gave me the central support box for the SC, which I imagine is basically a black hole.

SA leaves, I go out to take my wife to lunch. We drive to the cul-de-sac to turn around and I get an odd clunking in the front end like I'm running over some bumps in the road or something when I'm at full-lock on the yoke. We drive on, and minutes later I get a service code and warning that air suspension isn't working properly, and that it may not be level. F-. Now I see why the guy didn't pull into my driveway...

I drive a bit more, since it doesn't seem to impact anything when I'm not turning sharply, and find that I can get it to go away and function normally sometimes when I turn the car off and back on. Of course, some other stuff in the car isn't working properly either at this point because it technically wasn't "mine" yet. I do a quick hard reset (does nothing) and notice that I have a firmware update (big one) waiting, so i pull into the garage and hope it magically fixes my problem. An hour later its done and the problem is still there.

So I setup an appt with the SC, but first available is on 1 Feb, which is 3 days before I'm planning to take my wife to our vacation place for her birthday (weekend getaway w/o the kids!) Really bummed that, given parts situation, it's unlikely I'll be able to bring the new S. I upload the issues of the paint in the service ticket through the app and add that as work to be done.

SA never called back, but within 2-3 hours the app had recognized my ownership. Problem solved or not, it's really bad form IMO for SAs to NOT do what they say they're going to do. Should have at least called to make sure I got the issue resolved... In my experience the majority of them are just lazy SoBs and don't give a crap about the user experience, unlike BMW or Audi service techs and advisors.

Overall, I'm sure the car will (eventually) get fixed, and I love it despite having the one major issue, but it just puts a bad taste in my mouth. Just typical Tesla...

I grabbed a few photos in a parking lot a few days ago, but didn't have my SLR on me. Figured I'd wait to do a proper photoshoot when I can actually put it low suspension setting.

1643132501720.png

1643130869065.png

1643132084605.png

1643132112775.png

1643132224799.png

1643132251266.png

1643132314235.png

1643132428107.png

1643132550604.png

Attachments

• 1643132337556.png
    1643132337556.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
After 9 months finally got a VIN assigned!!

Details for those who want a point of comparison…. RN1149. Blue/white/21s in the North East.

VIN is NF465 (I think that is the latest batch right?)

A very small part of me wants to wait for updated headlights and now a normal horn, but a much larger part of me is pumped that the wait is nearly over! I figure you can always retrofit that stuff later for a price….

Anyways, my wife doesn’t care, so I had to share my excitement somewhere!
I have a NF468, although I don’t know that it will make that much of a difference. Just glad to finally get my car!!

Reactions: chrisdh79