Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I got mine pushed back too. Was supposed to be this morning, and they pushed it back to "likely this afternoon". I don't get how firmware can't just be updated by me at home later... It's not like it's a critical thing or they'd have a recall or something.
So I was to to take delivery in December of an MF428, a May build I believe. Had it scheduled for delivery a couple of times, both eventually cancelled. This due to firmware not being able to be pushed through. They said a part would need to be replaced, expected delivery of part, ????????. The vehicle could not legally be delivered with its current firmware. It could still be at the store as far as I know. I told them I'd wait for the order I placed at the end of June to arrive.

Seems like they are having major issues delivering Model S/X right now. Beyond the standard issues for the past 12 months. Wish they would figure it out. Take some of that 17 Billion in cash and fix it….give us free supercharging for original owners….something. It’s incredible I am still willing to wait for this car. I can’t quite understand it…

They are literally delivering such a minuscule amount it’s brutal..

V.I.N. A.S.S.I.G.N.E.D. NF469!!!

So unexpected...

well, I can safely say that financing option doesn't matter, as some claimed here. I had incomplete finance set up.

Sure it would be nice to have the new headlights, but unless I am getting confirmation in the next few days that someone actually got it, I am not gonna wait.
I am so jealous, so hard to see July orders being filled.

VIN Assigned.. NF467. August order - pre final price hike. NY.
Red/White/19 No FSD.
EDD last night was March 19 - March 31st.

Probably going to decline the VIN as they simply reached out of the blue today and want me to pick up the car within the next 3 days (someone declined delivery so I was next in line I guess). Too soon for me as I was hoping for my March EDD to potentially have the updated lights.

Reactions: optimus_prime
It depends on their definition. But only 11,750 S&X were delivered between 10/1 and 12/31. (Or only about 840 per week.)
Okay. It looks like about 4% of their total deliveries in the fourth quarter last year were Model S and X. Now we need some data points for RN numbers. I think RN numbers are assigned independently from the model type, but it's not clear whether they are assigned sequentially or have a check digit or something like that at the end. If we assume they are sequential and there's no check digit, then we should be able to figure out the total number of orders in a particular time period, then calculate 4% of that to get the number of Model S index orders for that time period. Approximately. That can probably be figured out roughly from people's signatures in this forum.

Last edited:
It depends on their definition. But only 11,750 S&X were delivered between 10/1 and 12/31. (Or only about 840 per week.)
Yep this. That is S AND X. I am not aware of the breakdown of each I suspect it is mostly S's here for Q4 but compare that to 200K plus of 3's and Y's.

I have learned through this thread that they only have one line for S&X. I watch the factory videos posted on Youtube regularly and the videos show in January the factory is littered with cars and mostly S/X sitting around the factory with little movement. Plus the logistics and delivery lot seems to be moving very slow too for all Teslas. Very few trucks being loaded. Clearly there are additional issues with deliveries this Month compared to the last year.

Just seems Tesla could do more for their customers and throw us a bone as they have done in the past with some sort of incentive. They are sitting on 17 Billion in cash with who knows how many more Billions on order. Clearly the margins are working. Let's hire some PR people or something.

I know I am playing armchair CEO here but I think we all can agree that more could be done beyond the sorry "supply chain this, chip shortage that" comments that we get with literally no communication and repeated delay after delay.

Here is the latest video. This guy posts one every 2-3 days. It is great.

that pile of S/X cars at the start has not changed much in the past week or two in fact it looks a little bigger compared to earlier this week.

The Logistics lot is looking much more active and the cars are finally starting to vacate. Good Sign!

V.I.N. A.S.S.I.G.N.E.D. NF469!!!

So unexpected...

well, I can safely say that financing option doesn't matter, as some claimed here. I had incomplete finance set up.

Sure it would be nice to have the new headlights, but unless I am getting confirmation in the next few days that someone actually got it, I am not gonna wait.
Quite jealous as I have the exact same build ordered in May RN1150 and I still have a 4 week window I’m not within yet.

I spoke with Tesla earlier today and they said the car arrived at my delivery center this morning and would I like to get it today? I couldn't get there before they close today or tomorrow. Saturday we are scheduled for a major blizzard, so i am trying to set things up for Sunday or Monday.
Anybody have an idea of build date for NF4656?
I sure hope it has all season tires on it.

Reactions: optimus_prime
Quite jealous as I have the exact same build ordered in May RN1150 and I still have a 4 week window I’m not within yet.

Well I think the difference here is I am paying $5k more, since I ordered it right after the first price bump (which completely killed off any fantasy about tax credit).

J/K. No one really knows why for sure. We are all just speculating here.

Reactions: Bayern55
Just got word that my car (Blue/White 19" wheels) is being delivered with the damn Pirelli summer tires on it. I was really hoping for the all seasons but am hearing all the cars are coming with summer tires right now, at least to this area (North Carolina). Also I had asked previously for all-seasons but could not get commitment to them and have confirmed there is no option to swap out.

Reactions: chrisdh79