Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got word that my car (Blue/White 19" wheels) is being delivered with the damn Pirelli summer tires on it. I was really hoping for the all seasons but am hearing all the cars are coming with summer tires right now, at least to this area (North Carolina). Also I had asked previously for all-seasons but could not get commitment to them and have confirmed there is no option to swap out.
Why do ppl hate the summer tires so much? Is it only b/c it's not practical during winter time? I suppose if you have the dough having summer tires and another winter set (as oppose to all season) would be ideal?

Reactions: howdidIgethere
I got a VIN the afternoon. Car is leaving the factory tommorow.

NOW HEAR THIS:

I am going to delay the order for 5 months tommorow AM.

If anyone on this thread wants a DM in Red/Cream/19" in SoCal, PM me. Sales says they can reassign the VIN to an existing order.

Not a car from the train tracks, NF VIN. If you are waiting on white, maybe reconsider. Red/Cream/Walnut is amazing.

See below, hope it goes to a loving home!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220127-162910.png
    Screenshot_20220127-162910.png
    463.4 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: chrisdh79 and jackk
It will be interesting to see if they let you. Your order agreement doesn't permit that, as purchaser delays past 90 days from the order date allows them to cancel your order. (And they have been pushing to do that with the Model 3/Y orders.)
They said they will, also customer loyalty advisor agrees.

There is a chance they will try to sell me one sooner, but that's OK.

Last night's earnings call was a real bummer.

NOW HEAR THIS:

If anyone on this thread wants a DM in Red/Cream/19" in SoCal, PM me. Sales says they can reassign the VIN to an existing order.

Not a car from the train tracks, NF VIN. If you are waiting on white, maybe reconsider. Red/Cream/Walnut is amazing.

That’s very cool of you to give us a heads up on snagging your VIN! I have the exact same car ordered, but I’m in Virginia ☹️

Reactions: epicshooter

NOW HEAR THIS:

Aww, same spec as I ordered except I'm not in Cal.

I picked up my long range today, an NF467 VIN in Austin. The pickup did not go totally smooth as after accepting delivery on my app the car did not add to account. So here I am standing in a cold church parking lot alone on hold with Tesla vehicle services since SC doesn’t answer for like 30 more minutes trying to get in car, finally did. Car was then remotely stuck in Service mode on the app and had to call tonight later to get it taken out. Ug.

1) the finished seemed good. They didn’t have it perfectly clean but was good for me. The PPF they added on rear quarter panels has really dirty edges which kinda sucks, looks 10 years old or so ha. Not too noticeable but it’s a crappy job they do.

My issues found were:
1. One side of hatch has much bigger gap than other. SC guy afterwards said definitely make appointment for that to get aligned. Rest seems ok.

2. The very low rocker white trim seems kinda loose, gaps even towards back like it bulges out a bit too much. Not a bad look but anyone else have that on both sides?

3. Inside they got yellow tire paint on my visor, managed to wipe it off. They also got black grease in the white seats. Mostly off but in general now the seats need to be cleaned. They don’t do a very good job at cleaning or caring for your car.

4. Some smudge of hard black stuff is in the inside glass roof in back row. Will try to remove or SC will. Otherwise would hate to get a new roof due to this but will.

5. It was missing the small truck floor cover and parcel shelf. I stopped by Tesla and they gave me some they had for an earlier delivery nearby since we live hours away.

There are probably a couple other minor things but those were main finds.

The car drives nice. Seems quiet kinda like our F150 is but not as quiet on some asphalt roads with the 21s. The cabin seems beautiful with the white interior for sure. Will report back on weekend…

Attachments

• 763A04F5-809D-40E4-8ED6-38CFE115F25D.jpeg
    763A04F5-809D-40E4-8ED6-38CFE115F25D.jpeg
    812.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 89F7FC0A-42B2-449F-9930-72247975A444.jpeg
    89F7FC0A-42B2-449F-9930-72247975A444.jpeg
    376 KB · Views: 74
  • 5F0DDC39-537D-493F-9CB8-7CC879AD5422.jpeg
    5F0DDC39-537D-493F-9CB8-7CC879AD5422.jpeg
    462.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 84C55A70-B45E-42DE-8732-5782E577D531.jpeg
    84C55A70-B45E-42DE-8732-5782E577D531.jpeg
    465.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I picked up my long range today, an NF467 VIN in Austin. The pickup did not go totally smooth as after accepting delivery on my app the car did not add to account. So here I am standing in a cold church parking lot alone on hold with Tesla vehicle services since SC doesn’t answer for like 30 more minutes trying to get in car, finally did. Car was then remotely stuck in Service mode on the app and had to call tonight later to get it taken out. Ug.

1) the finished seemed good. They didn’t have it perfectly clean but was good for me. The PPF they added on rear quarter panels has really dirty edges which kinda sucks, looks 10 years old or so ha. Not too noticeable but it’s a crappy job they do.

My issues found were:
1. One side of hatch has much bigger gap than other. SC guy afterwards said definitely make appointment for that to get aligned. Rest seems ok.

2. The very low rocker white trim seems kinda loose, gaps even towards back like it bulges out a bit too much. Not a bad look but anyone else have that on both sides?

3. Inside they got yellow tire paint on my visor, managed to wipe it off. They also got black grease in the white seats. Mostly off but in general now the seats need to be cleaned. They don’t do a very good job at cleaning or caring for your car.

4. Some smudge of hard black stuff is in the inside glass roof in back row. Will try to remove or SC will. Otherwise would hate to get a new roof due to this but will.

5. It was missing the small truck floor cover and parcel shelf. I stopped by Tesla and they gave me some they had for an earlier delivery nearby since we live hours away.

The car drives nice. Seems quiet kinda like our F150 is but not as quiet on some asphalt roads with the 21s. The cabin seems beautiful with the white interior for sure. Will report back on weekend…
Sorry to hear you had a few issues, but...Tesla experience, i s'pose. I see you already have those all weather floor mats in there. Great idea! I just installed my Tesmanians and love them. Car looks great!

Reactions: Woodchuck

My issues found were:

Congratulations!

So went in the local Tesla store late today to see if I could just drive away with my Model S, as it was going to snow tomorrow and I figured it may be ready.

Got lucky with the nicest SA who was able to secure the car for me and get it to me.

Didn't get a chance to do a thorough inspection there, but overall after looking at it at my house the build quality seems good, and only saw a minor loose bottom panel. Only thing else I noticed is that they gave me the summer tires and not all-season. Will report this in the app as they told me I have 24 hrs or 100 miles to do so.

Image attached and it is a joy to drive.

Got used to the yoke and really like it already! Need to just build the muscle memory for the blinkers and have only driven it for 30 mins. Still trying to learn all the other on screen software now.

Keep waiting guys it will be worth the wait! Hoping you all get it soon.

Attachments

• Tesla.jpg
    Tesla.jpg
    518.9 KB · Views: 72
Just got word that my car (Blue/White 19" wheels) is being delivered with the damn Pirelli summer tires on it. I was really hoping for the all seasons but am hearing all the cars are coming with summer tires right now, at least to this area (North Carolina). Also I had asked previously for all-seasons but could not get commitment to them and have confirmed there is no option to swap out.
Do not accept that there is no option to swap out, as the same thing happened to me last week, here in NJ, where it was predicted to be 25 degrees on my pickup date. When I found out that my car was being delivered with summer tires, I told the service center that I would refuse to take delivery, because summer tires, according to every tire manufacturer, should NOT be used in cold temperatures ( most tire manufacturers say the coldest that summer tires can tolerate is 45 degrees ).

Even Tesla's own documentation states the importance of not using summer tires in cold temperatures, as shown here:

1642696066750blob.png

As getting below 45 degrees in North Carolina in the winter is child's play, there is no way you should accept summer tires from Tesla. Forcing you to do so is putting the tires, the car, and its occupants at risk. The statement I highlighted in the image above says it all.

Good luck to you. Let us know if you get Tesla to give you the all season tires that you deserve.

My EDD got pushed to Feb12-Feb 26 from 1/28-2/25. I was at 12/27-12/31 in 2021 and did not get my car. So, I don't get excited about these. Having sold my 2018 MS 100D in early Oct 2021 I have weaned myself from Tesla fever. So, now I don't have any excitement about the car. I was approached by the loyalty advisor last June but I don't have any passion anymore for the car. It's just another car I pay 100k and buying. I am cynical because I see people who ordered in Oct-Dec 2021 getting their VINs and their cars which is unfair. Doesn't matter if they are in CA or southern states whatever. Tesla did not recognize the loyalty. Unfair and unjust.

My EDD got pushed to Feb12-Feb 26 from 1/28-2/25. I was at 12/27-12/31 in 2021 and did not get my car. So, I don't get excited about these. Having sold my 2018 MS 100D in early Oct 2021 I have weaned myself from Tesla fever. So, now I don't have any excitement about the car. I was approached by the loyalty advisor last June but I don't have any passion anymore for the car. It's just another car I pay 100k and buying. I am cynical because I see people who ordered in Oct-Dec 2021 getting their VINs and their cars which is unfair. Doesn't matter if they are in CA or southern states whatever. Tesla did not recognize the loyalty. Unfair and unjust.
Stay strong my MSM, East Coast sister. One day they'll make a batch of MSM... one day...

Last edited: