Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my request for all season tires through the service app is going to cost me. They want around $1300 to swap them.

Anyone successful with getting tires changed to AS from summer that can help confirm how they got it comped?

A bit ridiculous for them to ask $$$ for this when it is snowing here in Northern VA.
No one mentioned cost to me, these are the texts I got. I did ask them if it would cost anything when I called them, but they told me to wait until they had the car at Mt. Kisco to see what tires it came with. Yesterday a SA told me they came with summer tires.

EDIT: I was also told by Mt. Kisco today that they have to deliver the car with whatever tires it came with from the factory, and then I would need a service appointment to get them switched, which is the exact opposite of what I got texted yesterday.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 2.55.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 2.55.43 PM.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 79
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 2.57.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 2.57.40 PM.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 59
I got a (seemingly) good update from my advisor today. Here's what she said:

"I just checked with my operations advisor and it looks like your Model S will be leaving the factory around the beginning of February. Right now, with the weather being un-predicable it could 2-3 weeks to be delivered to Chicago by rail and then from Chicago it will go to Kansas City, after that it will also take a couple days to be prepped.

I would estimate the weekend of the 18th. But we have your situation on file so Kansas City will know that you won’t be in town the 18th and work around what days that weekend work for you!"

I had previously told her I was going to be on vacation from Feb 1-18. This sure seems like perfect timing, if it holds!

Reactions: rdmdriving
VIN Assigned.. NF467. August order - pre final price hike. NY.
Red/White/19 No FSD.
EDD last night was March 19 - March 31st.

Probably going to decline the VIN as they simply reached out of the blue today and want me to pick up the car within the next 3 days (someone declined delivery so I was next in line I guess). Too soon for me as I was hoping for my March EDD to potentially have the updated lights.
My EDD just bumped to 14-28 Feb from end of March as well. I don't want 21s with summer tires in Feb in winter either! 🤣

I got a text from Tesla to set up my delivery appointment for Monday, which I did. Then I got an email from my SA at the delivery center offering a Sunday pickup instead. As long as our roads are clear following the Saturday blizzard, I hope to get it this Sunday.
This is finally really going to happen. Just turned in my end of lease Volvo today, so my wife and I are down to 1 car for a short time.

I've read some real horror stories in this forum about folks getting rid of cars thinking they had an impending delivery and then getting shafted over and over again for months.

I also have to say I feel bad for the folks still waiting for cars for close to a year. There is no rational explanation for a lot of this stuff.
My order was after the first $5,000 price bump, but before the last $10,000 increases.

For me, the wait was almost exactly 6 months. When I initially placed the order in July, the edd was February-March.

So my request for all season tires through the service app is going to cost me. They want around $1300 to swap them.

Anyone successful with getting tires changed to AS from summer that can help confirm how they got it comped?

A bit ridiculous for them to ask $$$ for this when it is snowing here in Northern VA.
I noticed lot of other folks in snowy area similar to ours getting AS tires. Wonder why? May be you should send them the recent I 95 traffic jam picture.

I also have to say I feel bad for the folks still waiting for cars for close to a year. There is no rational explanation for a lot of this stuff.
My order was after the first $5,000 price bump, but before the last $10,000 increases.
A hearty thank you from one of the RN1149 order holders that’s been waiting since last May, and has a current EDD of April 18-May 16 for a white/black/19”.

So lets list all the things we purchased for a car we do not have:
Wall charger, electrician installation and sub panel for charger
Pucks
Floor mats
CF overlay for center console
Mud Flaps
Torque Wrench (read that the wheels may not be properly torqued)
SSD to plug in for Senty mode
Charger adapters to plug into the mobile charger
What about you guys?
I’m just building my list. Waiting to get back home to buy. I’m not expecting my MS until June (if I’m lucky).

240/50 outlet electrician installation and sub panel for charger
Pucks
Trunk Mats from Tasmanian (wife does not
Mud Flaps
SSD to plug in for Senty mode
Charger adapters to plug into the mobile charger

I so jelly to see people with VIN that ordered after me. Tesla needs to change this now!

Probably because they are paying more.

It's all about profits. Early adopters get to pound sand.

Imagine how it feels to be a early YouTuber with a enough referrals for a Roadster II, which they will probably never see.

If you really want a car now, drive 15hrs south. My order is in the lot.