Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is off topic but may be useful. There are some excellent YouTube videos on partitioning the cars USB or SSD into two partitions where one is for Sentry/Dashcam and the other for your music library. It works flawlessly. When you plug in your device you will see Sentry/Dashcam working AND you will get a new audio source called USB that you can easily navigate through. I got an app for my Mac that exported my entire iTunes library over to the USB partition.
That’s good to know. I’m still debating doing that vs paying for a streaming service. If I’m lucky they will add Apple Music

Reactions: rdmdriving
I’m giddy as one should be, right? Just now Tesla sent me a text and called asking about trade in saying as they’re getting ready to assign a VIN. I have never before communicated with Tesla about this order. 30 day window starts tomorrow
I received a similar text from my sales guy. He said no guarantees but looks like it may be arriving Towards the end of Feb. I said yes the current EDD is Feb 3-17.

I hope they do something that triggers the vin to push but I’m not convinced other than they were bored and told to reach out to some folks.

No one mentioned cost to me, these are the texts I got. I did ask them if it would cost anything when I called them, but they told me to wait until they had the car at Mt. Kisco to see what tires it came with. Yesterday a SA told me they came with summer tires.

EDIT: I was also told by Mt. Kisco today that they have to deliver the car with whatever tires it came with from the factory, and then I would need a service appointment to get them switched, which is the exact opposite of what I got texted yesterday.
THanks for the info and I texted the service center quoting that Tesla manual states not to use summer tires or snow and currently we have both those in Norther VA and I don't feel safe driving it.

They replied fast and stated the have updated my invoice to be $0 after investigating this and I can move on with my appointment.

Shyam

Ok... I just spoke to a Tesla rep about the tires. My car has summer tires on it, but they have ordered all seasons for me. She claimed they're on back order. But should have them in 2 or 3 weeks. They will contact me for a service appointment as soon as they get them. I actually have this in writing from the Tesla rep, so all should be good. She claims they are aware of the problem and have placed a large bulk order to retrofit all the 19 inch LR cars.

I'm okay with this and can just drive very conservatively until i get the new tires. I learned to drive in the 1960s on 2 ply bias ply tires with rear wheel drive and drum brakes with no power assist or anti lock technology. I'm sure the summer tires in winter are way better than what I learned to drive on.
Chill mode here I come!

So I’ve been assigned a VIN for almost a week, but overnight my delivery date disappeared. In its place it just says:

Estimated Delivery: TBD​

Delivery timing will be available soon

Does anyone have experience with this? Delivery scheduling imminent? Cancelling my VIN (still showing up for now)? Never know with these guys….

• Informative
So I’ve been assigned a VIN for almost a week, but overnight my delivery date disappeared. In its place it just says:

Estimated Delivery: TBD​

Delivery timing will be available soon

Does anyone have experience with this? Delivery scheduling imminent? Cancelling my VIN (still showing up for now)? Never know with these guys….

That will play with your emotions! I feel like this happened once before and dates eventually popped up again. Fingers crossed for you, at least the VIN is still there.

I've asked before if they came with AS in VA and the response was "The 19" wheels for the long range Model S should come with all season tires for vehicles in Virginia". Should hopefully be an easy conversation if they ship with summers.
My SA from Tysons (VA) told me "we don't get a choice on what comes from the factory" and she believes the 19's come with PZ4's (summer) and if I'd want all seasons I'd have to purchase them. Hopefully she checks and can guarantee me AS's.

(btw, new poster, so here's my info: OD 9/3, Blue/black MSLR, RN1156xx, No FSD, current EDD Feb 15-Mar 15)

My delivery center is in Suffolk County, NY. I am hoping they are as cooperative as yours in regards to the tires. I pick up the car on Sunday.
I picked up in smithtown.
I expressed how it was a genuine hazard to pick this car up on a snow day and they told me they’ll replace it for free as soon as they are in stock. Just make sure to express your concern - i did this via text and got the response/confirmation in writing via text as well. Good luck!

I’m giddy as one should be, right? Just now Tesla sent me a text and called asking about trade in saying as they’re getting ready to assign a VIN. I have never before communicated with Tesla about this order. 30 day window starts tomorrow
Dangit- I keep seeing other 1153s in my area move forward. Mine has not yet :( Happy for you though

Thanks for the review. It made me excited for mine!
3,440 miles in now. Quality still perfect. Zero issues. Tesla has done a great job of making its software much more stable over the last 12 months. In my previous Model S (2017), I would experience screen blackouts every month or two. None of that so far. Fit and finish inside and out remains excellent. Love the yoke. Easy to use, and I do not miss the stalks....at all. Total range in my 20-degree and below location is about 320 right now. I expect to get close to 400 come spring.

Got some more interesting data.. I was told in November that I was matched to a build date of January 1st, in late December they changed that to a probable build date of Jan 14 to Jan 21.
My VIN is NF4656xx. Ordered July 29, 2021. The born on date was January 6th, 2022 at 6:30 AM. It arrived at my delivery center in Long Island NY on January 27th.