Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery scheduled for 2/12!

This was after receiving a text from tesla on Friday evening asking to select from a date range of 2/11 - 2/13.

For reference, VIN was assigned the same day, early in the morning.

Attachments

• E743D7D0-6EAB-460C-97BE-BDBF8F72B97E.jpeg
    E743D7D0-6EAB-460C-97BE-BDBF8F72B97E.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 88
Delivery scheduled for 2/12!

This was after receiving a text from tesla on Friday evening asking to select from a date range of 2/11 - 2/13.

For reference, VIN was assigned the same day, early in the morning.
Congrats!

OK. Overactive imaginations. Are the lights slightly different here?

His VIN Image

1643600231102.png

Tesla Website

1643600285404.png

Speculation galore! Wind 'em up! :)

Reactions: rdmdriving
Just got home with the new car. 50 mile drive and loved every second of it. The delivery experience was superb. I could have been in and out in 10 minutes if I wanted to, but the SA wanted to go through the car with me and help me set everything up. He didn't want me to leave until he was sure all my questions were answered. Very thorough.
About the car.
Immaculate. Paint and interior are perfect. No problems with seats or wood trim. It had 7 miles on it.

Missing pieces....the SA pointed them all out to me before I even looked and said they would be brought to my house as soon as they get them. I was missing the parcel shelf and the larger of the 2 covers in the trunk floor.

Tires... I never even got to ask. He immediately told me the car had summer tires and they have ordered the all seasons for me. They will contact me when they come in and I can set up a service appointment to have them swapped.
I drove it home on our post blizzard roads and using them on snow is squirrelly. However, as previously noted, I learned to drive in the 1960s on bias ply tires and completely manual brakes. I can drive carefully until the all seasons arrive.

Love the yoke. It just disappears when you're driving and feels very natural to me.
The sound system is awesome.
I did not get fsd but you can turn on fsd visualizations which are very helpful.

Its now somewhat snow covered on the sides after my ride home, but it will be living in my unsheltered driveway subjected to weather and over flying birds.

It's currently plugged in getting free charging from the sun. It automatically saw my Tesla wall charger and set itself to it's maximum charging rate of 48 amps.
The forum does not recognize the heic format pictures my camera produces. I will need to try to change them later and try uploading them at that time.

As others have said...it's worth the wait.
Congratulations on the car! When did you order and which SC did you get your delivery? I am anxious waiting for my car…

What is an example command to say move the drivers mirror out ? So much still to learn !
I told it "adjust side view mirrors" the window for controlling the mirrors appears on the center display set to adjust the driver's mirror. The left side scroll wheel steering wheel controls are active and allow you to adjust the mirror. Click the enter screen to change it to the passenger mirror if desired.
Similarly "adjust steering wheel" opens the steering wheel controls window and the left side scroll wheel is active to do the adjustments.

Is the voice command on the yoke like one of those buttons like it used to be on the steering wheel before?
No. The voice command opens the adjustment area as if you had clicked through the menu items on the center screen. Just say the command and the left scroll wheel becomes active for what you are trying to adjust.

Had my first software update last night. It failed because it wanted me to turn off sentry mode first. I did that and it then "updated" the software from version 2021.44.30.7 to 2021.43.101.1. I clearly don't understand the version numbers because this sounds like it went backwards to me. I thought it meant the year, the week, then the patch numbers. If so, I went from the 44th week of 2021 the the 43rd week of 2021. Can anyone shed some light on how the version numbers work?

Had my first software update last night. It failed because it wanted me to turn off sentry mode first. I did that and it then "updated" the software from version 2021.44.30.7 to 2021.43.101.1. I clearly don't understand the version numbers because this sounds like it went backwards to me. Can anyone shed some light on how the version numbers work?
You may want to post here for anything software related. Most viewers here don't have a car to update yet.

I am getting online quotes of $400+/month for all major auto insurance companies (Geico, Progressive, Libery Mutual) with minimum packages for my upcoming 2022 MS LR. This is my first ever car purchase, I have held a DL for more than 5 years, never had any accidents or tickets. Not sure why the the insurance premiums are so high. Has anyone had similar experience? What was your solution, did you had to call them, negotiate?

Also, if this has already been answered before, please share the link, that'll be helpful.

Thanks

I am getting online quotes of $400+/month for all major auto insurance companies (Geico, Progressive, Libery Mutual) with minimum packages for my upcoming 2022 MS LR. This is my first ever car purchase, I have held a DL for more than 5 years, never had any accidents or tickets. Not sure why the the insurance premiums are so high. Has anyone had similar experience? What was your solution, did you had to call them, negotiate?

Also, if this has already been answered before, please share the link, that'll be helpful.

Thanks
I checked Liberty Mutual a few weeks ago to get an idea of what to expect before my final decision to buy my MS. I got a quote of $2k for the year. Once I get a VIN and delivery date I’ll do the real application and post what rate I actually get.