Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you know this? They are fairly sequential though. Are you saying they skip some numbers so there are actually less then we think?
It could also mean that they’re producing NF468, NF469 and NF470 etc at this time. The reason for this has nothing to do with confusing you and I but rather controlling when numbers become available to Wall Street. Quite practical actually. Until Tesla announces production numbers no one knows what they will be.

It could also mean that they’re producing NF468, NF469 and NF470 etc at this time. The reason for this has nothing to do with confusing you and I but rather controlling when numbers become available to Wall Street. Quite practical actually. Until Tesla announces production numbers no one knows what they will be.
Ok I am not saying I am right, but to play the devil's advocate, the cars are produced in assembly line, and throughput matters. There's no reason to stop queuing up the parts after 468-470, unless there's some type of retooling/adjustment to the line...

I just don’t get it. I have your exact same configuration, Portland delivery, and an older reservation. No slight on you. I’m happy you got your car. I just wish there was some logic in how Tesla prioritizes deliveries.
Oh I hear ya. It seems they are randomly assigning these and not necessarily who is next in line. I know it may not be the case, but there is a very good chance they are also assigning to any orders post price hikes. I ordered after the first two increases compared to you. Not fair obviously, but that maybe the "logic".

Reactions: Ray_R
To avoid exactly what you did here, Tesla does not produce VINs sequentially

How do you know this? They are fairly sequential though. Are you saying they skip some numbers so there are actually less then we think?

I have heard a few members state this with assertion. Have yet to see credible proof.

Worked in manufacturing for decades. Gone through hundreds of different methodologies. Created many myself. Some ‘jump started’ numbers. Some added intervals. All were sequential.

“Forming or following in a logical order or sequence”

You may not be able to deduce the number of units. But the order is clear. To do otherwise is often chaotic for traceability.

Reactions: paulchou
I respectfully disagree. From what I've seen on this thread they are sequential. What is questionable is if they actually correlate to the number of Model s's manufactured. I do think that they skip some VINs every thousand therefore when we see a thousand number jump in VIN I do not think that actually equates to a thousand vehicles produced

Oh I hear ya. It seems they are randomly assigning these and not necessarily who is next in line. I know it may not be the case, but there is a very good chance they are also assigning to any orders post price hikes. I ordered after the first two increases compared to you. Not fair obviously, but that maybe the "logic".
Could be. But then at what point does it make logical sense to clear out all the older orders? What criteria is used to indicate now is the time to fulfill this particular old order? (rhetorical questions….I’m not expecting you to have the answers. But it would ease the frustration if the SAs could answer them).

Does anyone know the dimensions for the headlights? I want to buy some 3M clear wrap to put on the headlights
Precut ones here, either XPel or 3M.

Took delivery of my Red/Black/19" LR today! She's a beauty!
Tesla-delivery.jpg

Took delivery of my Red/Black/19" LR today! She's a beauty!
View attachment 765655
Can you walk us through the process of purchasing a inventory unit?
Were you alerted by an SA to this being a match or did you see this in inventory?
Did you have it shipped from another SC? Cost involved if you did?
I'm really interested in this process since I'll be forced to purchase something in about 2 months. I'm even looking at Plaids now. Don't really need a Plaid, but they are readily available . The LR is plenty fast enough for me. But I'm looking at what will be available when I need to make that decision. I can't hold out forever unfortunately.
Any helpful hints are appreciated.