Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a call from Tesla this morning, which got me sort of excited. They were asking me if I would have a trade-in for my new Model S…. They said they believed I’d be receiving my VIN fairly soon and that they wanted to be sure to give me a trade-in quote if I needed one. Interesting! This was like an hour after my EDD got pushed out a month (to 3/20-3/31).

Is this a good sign a VIN is coming soon? Anyone else have this sort of phone call right before VIN assignment?
Did you ever have a trade in that Tesla knew about? If this is the golden ticket I am going to go buy a '94 Geo metro and list this as my trade in.

I got pushed back today also. I hope you get your VIN. All these little bread crumbs leading to nowhere.....

• Funny
Reactions: doubleshot
Did you ever have a trade in that Tesla knew about? If this is the golden ticket I am going to go buy a '94 Geo metro and list this as my trade in.

I got pushed back today also. I hope you get your VIN. All these little bread crumbs leading to nowhere.....
Not me. They called to ask if I wanted to add a trade in. Depending on how much cross referencing they do, they may have thought I still have my last model s which I sold a month ago

Reactions: Midwst modlS
Pirelli is just a brand. You need to ask which tires they are in order to figure out of they're summer tires or AS.

I'd avoid calling support and contact Springfield directly as early as possible to get the swap to AS tires arranged if it isn't coming with them. They can do it for free for the 19" wheels if they have AS tires in stock.
They were P zero summer tires. The Springfield guys got in touch and managed to get a set of all seasons to put on the car. Very helpful and responsive, which was nice. Pickup Monday.

I think this is generally true but you want to establish a timeline reference Tesla uses and not what you think is reasonable. There was someone from Michigan who wrote last week that they were a month away from this call without a VIN. I’m 3 weeks away from a similar call and the only movement has been that I entered my EDD 2 days after the call and I got pushed another month to another month long EDD range.
Yep exactly my experience as well.

I had a call from Tesla this morning, which got me sort of excited. They were asking me if I would have a trade-in for my new Model S…. They said they believed I’d be receiving my VIN fairly soon and that they wanted to be sure to give me a trade-in quote if I needed one. Interesting! This was like an hour after my EDD got pushed out a month (to 3/20-3/31).

Is this a good sign a VIN is coming soon? Anyone else have this sort of phone call right before VIN assignment?
I have some timeline I can give you. last Fri, 2/4 Tesla called me in the afternoon asking if I have a trade-in. When I ordered on 6/10/21 I indicated I have a trade-in and removed it when I sold it. However, they called and asked last week. When I asked the Tesla associate if I will be getting my VIN he said in few days. Sure enough. I got VIN on 2/6 and my car was produced on 2/5. So there is hope for you.

Reactions: Rikster
Hi, just want to share experience of my journey til this point..
RN1154 - White/Blk, 19/No FSD - NY
Ordered Aug 13 2021 for EDD of April 2022
Mid Oct EDD changes to 11/22-12-22
First week of Nov changes to 1/13/22-2/12/22
On 1/14/22 updates to 1/24/22-2/23/22
Last week it changed to 2/22/22-2/26/22
A day later received a VIN.
Currently in process of completing pre delivery tasks.

Delivered!
Good luck everyone!
:cool:

Attachments

• 56E76AF9-366D-4006-8D0A-898FF8C3FDE2.jpeg
    56E76AF9-366D-4006-8D0A-898FF8C3FDE2.jpeg
    893 KB · Views: 104
Congratulations! It's been a long trip! Any problems with your car?
Yup!
Posted this in the big model S delivery thread, but adding here too!

Did the checklist as recommended…Only a couple minor issues:
- Panel gap on passenger front door (they adjusted a bit, but still kinda off, see pre-adjustment picture)

- Rear left door wood trim had a small piece flake off on a part of an edge (may put in a service request)

- Rear left C pillar/headliner piece loose (SA stated this is normal, but the opposite side is fine🤷‍♀️)

- missing hatch privacy cover (SA placed order for home delivery)

- several surface scratches on the back(bumper/hatch) ~ 2” in length (they took car to back and buffed out pretty much all of them during my appt)

- was initially missing license plate frame and hatch small left side cargo cover, but they were able to provide these to me when I asked.

Came with the continental all season tires as promised!

Attachments

• 94D0FE3B-FAA4-4B52-B7FE-C0837E5186E7.jpeg
    94D0FE3B-FAA4-4B52-B7FE-C0837E5186E7.jpeg
    605.8 KB · Views: 80
Delivered!
Good luck everyone!
:cool:
Congratulations! A nice day to pick up the car and drive. Beautiful car! Makes me nervous that I may miss lot of items you noted. I asked my older daughter to give me a ride for my delivery appt. She does not care about the list or checking them. Seems like i have to take someone along who can pay attention to these.

Reactions: kaleychica
Congratulations! A nice day to pick up the car and drive. Beautiful car! Makes me nervous that I may miss lot of items you noted. I asked my older daughter to give me a ride for my delivery appt. She does not care about the list or checking them. Seems like i have to take someone along who can pay attention to these.
I'm wondering why you can't do that yourself?

(Yes, it was a beautiful day here.)

Is this a good sign a VIN is coming soon? Anyone interested law have this phone call right before VIN assignment
I have some timeline I can give you. last Fri, 2/4 Tesla called me in the afternoon asking if I have a trade-in. When I ordered on 6/10/21 I indicated I have a trade-in and removed it when I sold it. However, they called and asked last week. When I asked the Tesla associate if I will be getting my VIN he said in few days. Sure enough. I got VIN on 2/6 and my car was produced on 2/5. So there is hope for you.
Outstanding! That’s what I’m hoping for also! When will you actually take delivery? Seems like some internal update must trigger the call regarding trade-in, and hopefully it means VIN assignment is coming soon!

Thank you! Glad it was such a nice day!

I brought two checks…one from DCU and the other from my bank for the remaining down payment.
After I gave them the checks, they unlocked the car and let me have at it without needing to “accept delivery” in the app.

I took my time (almost 2 hours) and they had no issues with it. Initially I just walked around/sat inside and looked at things without using the checklist, but it was easier to just go one by one to make sure I covered everything.

The Richmond, VA location wasn’t too busy in the morning (even for a weekend) and at no time did I feel rushed with anything or felt that any question I asked was a stupid one.
They were awesome!

Is this a good sign a VIN is coming soon? Anyone interested law have this phone call right before VIN assignment

Outstanding! That’s what I’m hoping for also! When will you actually take delivery? Seems like some internal update must trigger the call regarding trade-in, and hopefully it means VIN assignment is coming soon!
My delivery is set for Feb 21st 2pm. Seems like the car is supposed to arrive at my local SC on Feb 18th. They don't deliver on Sunday. So they told me the earliest date is Feb 21st. It would be 15 days from the VIN generation/notification for the delivery.

Thank you! Glad it was such a nice day!

I brought two checks…one from DCU and the other from my bank for the remaining down payment.
After I gave them the checks, they unlocked the car and let me have at it without needing to “accept delivery” in the app.

I took my time (almost 2 hours) and they had no issues with it. Initially I just walked around/sat inside and looked at things without using the checklist, but it was easier to just go one by one to make sure I covered everything.

The Richmond, VA location wasn’t too busy in the morning (even for a weekend) and at no time did I feel rushed with anything or felt that any question I asked was a stupid one.
They were awesome!
I am doing the same thing with the checks- one from DCU and the other one a cashier's check from my bank. They have appts back to back. I hope they are M3/Y and other cars and they have more delivery people to work with everyone. It will be nice to get two hrs! My ride will leave. So, I hope to take time and check as long as they let me.
Thanks for the info.
Enjoy theh car after PPF protection.

Got the same call weeks ago. Still waiting…

Yup!
Posted this in the big model S delivery thread, but adding here too!

Did the checklist as recommended…Only a couple minor issues:
- Panel gap on passenger front door (they adjusted a bit, but still kinda off, see pre-adjustment picture)

- Rear left door wood trim had a small piece flake off on a part of an edge (may put in a service request)

- Rear left C pillar/headliner piece loose (SA stated this is normal, but the opposite side is fine🤷‍♀️)

- missing hatch privacy cover (SA placed order for home delivery)

- several surface scratches on the back(bumper/hatch) ~ 2” in length (they took car to back and buffed out pretty much all of them during my appt)

- was initially missing license plate frame and hatch small left side cargo cover, but they were able to provide these to me when I asked.

Came with the continental all season tires as promised!
That’s a big panel gap on the passenger front door. Keep on them on that one.