Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a call that there was a big scratch on my rear bumper and they need to replace the entire part. Pickup pushed from tomorrow to next Wednesday.
If mine does not get pushed out from Feb 21st I will post pics as we have not seen any MSLR MSM from our area. I plan to take it to the detail if everything is good the next day after getting the software update completed and cameras calibrated. Fingers crossed.

Yes they are located in the garage under that office building I guess. As I said they don't do tint to my knowledge. one side of the garage opens to outside and it is specifically for their purpose as I have seen that open. I have not asked them that question specifically tho. Just asked for a quote for a full ppf from a guy who is Forest Hills, MD. he quoted $9.5k and said includes ceramic quoting. Too far for me even tho he has a M3 that he gives as a loaner.
They've apparently started doing tint. Why To Consider Adding Window Tint — Capitol Shine Washington DC Paint Protection Film and Ceramic Coatings

Reactions: bhakan
If mine does not get pushed out from Feb 21st I will post pics as we have not seen any MSLR MSM from our area. I plan to take it to the detail if everything is good the next day after getting the software update completed and cameras calibrated. Fingers crossed.
I've seen one white and one blue refresh down here in NOVA. And the blue was near the Tyco center so it barely counts.

P.S. the pictures will be much appreciated!

Not quite! There are a bunch of us who are long before your number we’re still waiting. I never put any order on hold and did everything TESLA told me to do to speed up my order including changing my wheels to 21 inch when they weren’t shipping 19 inch wheels. It’s complete BS that they don’t ship in order
Yep, very sorry to see anyone who placed an order ahead of me still waiting. Fifteen EDD's since ordering with 6 EDD pushouts after reaching my EDD window. Plenty of folks who ordered after me with configurations similar to mine have picked up their LR's. Something definitely not right or fair in how they assign VINs and deliveries. I initially configured with 21" wheels , but changed my wheel configuration back to 19" after experiencing multiple EDD changes and seeing that 19" wheels were available.

Yeah. They are pumping them out. I wonder if I am the only sub RN1150 left?
Hell nah. There is still a lot of us waiting for that “priority delivery” we were promised.

Reactions: Nemo768
Not sure if this is the best thread to post, but does anyone have any experience trading in a car that has some minor damage on it? For example my current car’s windshield has a small little chip on the top right corner that would cost $500 to fix. Would it be better for me to spend that money now, or just trade in the car with the chip in it

Not sure if this is the best thread to post, but does anyone have any experience trading in a car that has some minor damage on it? For example my current car’s windshield has a small little chip on the top right corner that would cost $500 to fix. Would it be better for me to spend that money now, or just trade in the car with the chip in it
I'm not sure if my experience is representative, but to my surprise Tesla barely inspected my trade-in vehicle.

For my trade-in, Carvana, Carmax, and Tesla were all within a couple hundred dollars (Vroom was a few thousand less, fwiw). Carmax's estimate was after they examined and noted the minor damage on it, so I was fairly confident in its validity.

So my intent was to take it to Carmax as a backup plan in case Tesla wanted to negotiate down the trade-in. But that part of the transaction went way smoother than it played out in my head. There was no conversation - they just asked me to pull the car over to another spot, and I went inside and signed some papers.

Reactions: tkorn
Yes they are located in the garage under that office building I guess. As I said they don't do tint to my knowledge. one side of the garage opens to outside and it is specifically for their purpose as I have seen that open. I have not asked them that question specifically tho. Just asked for a quote for a full ppf from a guy who is Forest Hills, MD. he quoted $9.5k and said includes ceramic quoting. Too far for me even tho he has a M3 that he gives as a loaner.
Wait. almost 10k? Is that USD? Are we sure?
I mean, for $5k (or less) I can get a high quality (not Maaco) FULL PAINT JOB IN SAME COLOR.

$9.5k?? Thats INSANE.

Last edited:
Neither.
Trust me on this. ANYONE can do it. And if its one of those small bulls eye type chips? The process GREATLY reduces visibility of it.

Also, check with your ins company. OFtentimes they will have a shop repair the chip for zero deductible/zero increase to your premiums. Worth a call..

If its not that type of chip? Rarely is something like that worth fixing ahead of time at full price. And in a used car market like this? Wont matter much. Used cars are in HIGH demand

Reactions: JeffN and tkorn
Trust me on this. ANYONE can do it. And if its one of those small bulls eye type chips? The process GREATLY reduces visibility of it.

Also, check with your ins company. OFtentimes they will have a shop repair the chip for zero deductible/zero increase to your premiums. Worth a call..

If its not that type of chip? Rarely is something like that worth fixing ahead of time at full price. And in a used car market like this? Wont matter much. Used cars are in HIGH demand
It’s a chip on the top right of the windshield. Then there’s a crack coming out of the chip that is 6 inches that stretches from top right of the windshield glass to the right top side of the windshield glass (if that makes sense) but it’s hardly noticeable. Safelite said it requires a complete windshield replacement and insurance said I’d have to pay my deductible. But maybe using those Amazon products will make it less noticeable. Thanks for the feedback.