Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vin assigned 2/9. Was tracked to Nevada a few days back. EDD is a 5 day window starting tomorrow through 2/25. Have yet to get a firm date/slot here. How are others getting specific date/time slots for pickup 10 days out?
I entered the Feb 16 to Feb 26 EDD window. I had entered the window a few times before just to have it move. This time they texted me on Feb 16 with a link to schedule delivery. There were 3 days to choose from starting on Feb 19. Each day had 30 min windows to choose from. It will be a contactless delivery this Sunday. There will be people there if I have questions. I will e-sign some docs 24hrs before delivery. At pickup I will inspect. I will pay and sign more e-docs while sitting in the car using the app. Today, Feb 18 I got a call from delivery center. I confirmed pickup time and method of payment.

Last edited:
I entered the Feb 16 to Feb 26 EDD window. I had entered the window a few times before just to have it move. This time they texted me on Feb 16 with a link to schedule delivery. There were 3 days to choose from starting on Feb 19. Each day had 30 min windows to choose from. It will be a contactless delivery this Sunday. There will be people there if I have questions. I will e-sign some docs 24hrs before delivery. At pickup I will inspect. I will pay and sign more e-docs while sitting in the car using the app. Today, Feb 18 I got a call from delivery center. I confirmed pickup time and method of payment.
This helps. Will see when that text arrives. Thanks.

MAYBE, just MAYBE Chicago is expecting a bunch of cars. I have similar dates but earlier order
Your car should be coming soon! I have the same configuration and ordered a couple of weeks after you. My SA pinged my inbound car today and said it was just about to arrive in Chicago today (for transport to Kansas City for my delivery next week). Not sure why I'd get mine before you'd get yours though... So random!

Reactions: gbailey
I have to say after having my S for a few days, I am so excited for those who will get theirs soon. The MS LR has to be the best bang for the buck (or in a way the best kept secret) in the Tesla lineup. Even more so if you got in at the earlier price points. It may live in the shadow of the Plaid but it is no wallflower as the saying goes. It gives up very little in acceleration to the previous performance models to 60 but this thing pulls REALLY well at higher speeds.

Anyway here is to hoping you will all be able to join in the fun soon!!!

I am picking up my MS on Wednesday and spoke to USAA today about insurance. VIN is pulling as a Model S Performance. I know others have had this issue, but they said they cannot make any exceptions and must insure it as a Performance model. The most interesting thing is that the price they quoted me was still $15/mo less than what I was paying them for the same coverage on my 2020 Long Range +.

Reactions: chrisdh79
I have to say after having my S for a few days, I am so excited for those who will get theirs soon. The MS LR has to be the best bang for the buck (or in a way the best kept secret) in the Tesla lineup. Even more so if you got in at the earlier price points. It may live in the shadow of the Plaid but it is no wallflower as the saying goes. It gives up very little in acceleration to the previous performance models to 60 but this thing pulls REALLY well at higher speeds.

Anyway here is to hoping you will all be able to join in the fun soon!!!
Picked up the black widow last Saturday, but just got it back from the ppf/tint place a few days ago and I feel exactly the same.
This is my first EV and I don’t think I’ll ever go back! Doing my first small road trip to DC this weekend so we’ll see what that’s like, but I definitely plan on driving this one for a long time.

PS. I think the gray Napa leather seats in my kia stinger gt2 were a bit better quality than the white seats in the tesla, but everything else is so much more beyond and the driving experience is such a dream.
Don’t miss having a HUD since the yoke makes the entire driver display feel like a higher quality and more polished “HUD”.

For sure ready to buy into more TSLA!

Hi all.

Long time observer here ultimately wanting to do my part by beginning to pen my story in case it is a fraction of help to others as this forum has been for me.

RN1156 ordered 09/06/21 | EDD Mar 20-31.
MSLR | Black/Black | 19” | No FSD | Indiana
(At least 6 EDD changes I’ve chosen to count)

It appears the RN1156 holders are nearing the time to receive VINs (if not already). I really do wish the predictability of this entire process were better; however, I’m choosing to remain hopeful that the process (car, quality, delivery/customer experience, etc.) works out well. Also feeling for those still holding out with earlier orders than even mine. I’ll admit - like others - I would expect “more” for a vehicle in this range. Having said that, the product seems to outweigh the challenges here. I’ve been eyeing these since 2014, so this one is a big deal for me to gratefully be in a position to make a move now.

A thanks in advance to the community for the stories and posts - they’ve been extremely helpful.

Hi all.

Long time observer here ultimately wanting to do my part by beginning to pen my story in case it is a fraction of help to others as this forum has been for me.

It appears the RN1156 holders are nearing the time to receive VINs (if not already). I really do wish the predictability of this entire process were better; however, I’m choosing to remain hopeful that the process (car, quality, delivery/customer experience, etc.) works out well. Also feeling for those still holding out with earlier orders than even mine. I’ll admit - like others - I would expect “more” for a vehicle in this range. Having said that, the product seems to outweigh the challenges here. I’ve been eyeing these since 2014, so this one is a big deal for me to gratefully be in a position to make a move now.

A thanks in advance to the community for the stories and posts - they’ve been extremely helpful.
Same config in Ky. July order and 1153. I have the same dates now. Don’t get your hopes up.

Hi all.

Good luck.

I agree with everything you say here. There are challenges along this process (first world problems, I know) but in the end it will definitely be worth it. I always tell my kids that the anticipation and the process are part of the journey so am trying to be positive about all of this the best I can.

I have not even seen a refreshed model s or x in the wild, yet even had the opportunity to sit in one or test drive one. I drive an ICE car now. I had to drive 2 hours to test a performance model 3 and was sold. Was going to test drive some more cars that day and quickly canceled them all. Next day, in June, I was on the phone and ordered one. Delivery date at that time was September/October. So the journey had begun.

Now I sit here 8 months after my order. My kid who who is legal driving age now has my old ICE. I am driving around a Chevy spark, no joke, rental car as the upgrade would have been 500/month more. I pray everyday I don't wreck the thing as I am sure the safety rating is not great. Yet I am thankful I have something to look forward to in the near future even though it is a painful dangling carrot at this point. I am even seeing people on this thread I thought I forsure would have had a car before getting VINs (@Rikster 😂)

Bottom, line be thankful you have something to look forward too, to keep you sane, don't be surprised if your delivery is 9 months after your order date (set low expectations) and practice a lot of patience along the way. This EDD process is soooo unpredictable.

Hi all.

Same config in Ky. July order and 1153. I have the same dates now. Don’t get your hopes up.
Here's another data point. I ordered on the last day of July, and I still have the same dates, which have also been the same for over a month. In central Ohio