Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD got pushed back into late March, and then a week later I got a VIN and I was able to schedule a delivery date of 2/25! So there may be hope for those of you who got pushed from Feb to March recently! I'm so excited to pick up my car next week!

I had previously indicated I'd pay cash for the car, but called Tesla today so they could change me back to financing. I was able to get 72 months at Navy Federal Credit union at 2.04%, which I'm pretty happy with.
Same here... EDD for my RN1152 was pushed on Thursday from late March to April 1-30 (grumbles, shrugs) and then I got THE CALL the next day about my Red/Black/19 which was already on the train to Chicago! Makes sense to assume that someone else's loss is my gain. Glad this happened mid-quarter, as the SA seems pretty relaxed about payment timing - Michigan requires payment *before* the car enters the state, so the car will be taken to Indy to wait a couple of days.

Took delivery of my car! Beautiful car and ride! The car did not have any major issues.
  • I got Pirelli Summer tires. So I put that in my service ticket and asked them to give AS tires. The ticket said they may do it on Feb 22nd. We will see.
  • There was a paint chip on right rear passenger door. I took pic and uploaded and put in a ticket for that too. The only thing is I cannot do the PPF at least that part until Tesla take care of that. That's a bummer.
  • The Tesla applique had imperfections and they said they will replace it. I put in a ticket for that too.
I drove on local since it was just 5 miles instead of highway. I was able to set the mirrors, music everything while driving or sitting in traffic light. Super easy. Yoke is not a problem at all as I did not notice much of a difference. When i had to reverse park on my driveway definitely as there is some learning as I had to adjust the direction on the touchscreen an turn. Definitely, if a car was parked directly in front of my driveway on the opposite side could be harder on our narrow urban streets. Learning curve I guess.

While I was taking pics some HS kids ( as I am near a HS) yelled at my car with all expletives. Let us hope they don't get drunk and damage my car which is parked in my driveway :) They probably thought it is Plaid. they have come behind my car to see the badge that it is not a Plaid.
Sentry will be on all the time!
I have some pics here for you all.
Enjoy your cars when you get it and wish you all an enjoyable ride real soon!
It was nice to learn from you all when we all commiserated as we wait for this car.
PXL_20220220_221439785.jpgPXL_20220220_221346890.jpgPXL_20220220_221322465.jpgPXL_20220220_212544970.jpgPXL_20220220_204523233.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220220_161225.jpg
    IMG_20220220_161225.jpg
    627.7 KB · Views: 77
It has been 4 days since I picked up my car, and have driven it about 300 miles. Here are some observations:

1) I don't have FSD. The autopilot works fine when staying in the same lane, and it automatically cancels when I use the turn signals or move to another lane without using turn signals. I have not found a way to resume the autopilot to the previous set speed, and I have re-engage it and set the speed again. This by itself is not a problem, but the issue is that the car rapidly decelerates when it cancels due to the single pedal driving feature. This was not the same in my previous 2018 Model S that had enhanced autopilot. I know, first world problems. I don't think this is enough of a problem for me to pay for a FSD subscription at this time.

2) The traffic sign recognition works fine without FSD. I have not checked if the car automatically moves forward when the light turns green yet, and I will report back if it does. It does not sense Stop signs automatically yet.

3) I have the current software updated, but don't see the active noise cancelation option appear in the audio settings. Not sure what is going on there. Maybe I will wait for another software update before opening a service request.

4) I had the car set at Sport mode acceleration and it was great. I switched it to Insane mode, and wow! It goes from 40 mph to triple digit numbers in a couple seconds in Insane mode and now I will never switch it back to any other setting.

5) The audio defaults to "Streaming" which is the Tesla Slacker service. I have not found a way for it to default to Spotify or any other music source.

6) SiriusXM works great. In addition I have a fast external Samsung SSD drive with USB-C interface loaded up with about 10,000 mp3 music files of my entire library that I have compiled over the years. This drive takes about a minute to load into the touchscreen interface, same as in my previous Model S. Wish they had a way to just keep the library in memory instead of reloading it every time I start driving, and that they had a way for me to export playlists. I can only browse by Song, Artist and Folder. The screen also always goes to the top of the alphabetical list every time I tap the Back button instead of remembering the Artist. First world problem.

7) TuneIn radio streaming does not work, and it just goes into a spinning circle mode if I choose any station in TuneIn, and requires a reboot or stop-the-car-and-resume sequence to get audio to work again.

8) I have the suspension set to Comfort mode and the ride is still a bit harsh on highway expansion joints. Just wish that the ride was a bit more smoother on pot-hole ridden roads that we are blessed with in Pennsylvania. This is not a deal breaker, and the ride is closer to a BMW, and not a Cadillac.

9) I have gotten used to the Yoke a bit more now and don't see it as an issue. I still wish it was a steering wheel instead of a yoke as it is only a gimmick, but it is not a deal breaker. The yoke is not at all a problem when driving on highways.

10) I still need to look at the yoke to press the turn signal and wiper buttons as my muscle memory has not built up yet.

11) I wish the turn signal buttons had a way to blink 3 times and stop, although the logic to turn off the turn signal after the lane change works pretty well.

12) I had to turn on the automatic blind spot monitoring window that pops up on the touchscreen when the turn signals are activated. This is a very cool setting and wish it was turned on by default.

13) The automatic shifting to drive or reverse feature works most of the time, but not all the time. There was a big SUV parked in front of me in a parking lot and the car still was about to drive forward automatically. This is a Beta feature as they have noted, so perhaps it will improve in future updates.

14) The phone key has just worked flawlessly every time. Siri integration with the Tesla app on my iPhone 13 Pro Max is good, but not complete. I can ask Siri to get the current charge level on my car but cannot ask Siri to open the frunk or the tailgate. This is the only downside of the phone key and the key card, because there is no quick way of remotely opening the tailgate or frunk as in the keyfob. I have to get the phone out of my pocket, open the Tesla app, tap on controls and then tap on the buttons to open them. Wish Tesla had an Apple Watch app that did this, or that they enabled Siri controls for it. There are a few 3rd party paid Apple Watch apps that do this that I will likely just get in the meantime. Only reason I prefer to open it remotely is so I don't have to touch the muddy/dirty buttons on the tailgate to open it, especially when I have both hands full with grocery bags and such. Again, these are first world problems and not a big deal.

15) I have a white exterior color car and it looks wicked good to my eyes. But, I wish I had gotten the red exterior as my previous car was also a red and I miss it.

Last edited:
It has been 4 days since I picked up my car, and have driven it about 300 miles. Here are some observations:

2) The traffic sign recognition works fine without FSD. I have not checked if the car automatically moves forward when the light turns green yet, and I will report back if it does. It does not sense Stop signs automatically yet.
If someone is in front of you, your car will stop behind theirs at the light and then proceed after they proceed. If you are the first car approaching a red light at an intersection and you have AP enabled? The car will go THROUGH the red light if you do not intervene. So be careful

Reactions: Philadelphia-S
Took delivery of my car! Beautiful car and ride! The car did not have any major issues.
  • I got Pirelli Summer tires. So I put that in my service ticket and asked them to give AS tires. The ticket said they may do it on Feb 22nd. We will see.
  • There was a paint chip on right rear passenger door. I took pic and uploaded and put in a ticket for that too. The only thing is I cannot do the PPF at least that part until Tesla take care of that. That's a bummer.
  • The Tesla applique had imperfections and they said they will replace it. I put in a ticket for that too.
I drove on local since it was just 5 miles instead of highway. I was able to set the mirrors, music everything while driving or sitting in traffic light. Super easy. Yoke is not a problem at all as I did not notice much of a difference. When i had to reverse park on my driveway definitely as there is some learning as I had to adjust the direction on the touchscreen an turn. Definitely, if a car was parked directly in front of my driveway on the opposite side could be harder on our narrow urban streets. Learning curve I guess.

While I was taking pics some HS kids ( as I am near a HS) yelled at my car with all expletives. Let us hope they don't get drunk and damage my car which is parked in my driveway :) They probably thought it is Plaid. they have come behind my car to see the badge that it is not a Plaid.
It was nice to learn from you all when we all commiserated as we wait for this car.
View attachment 771838View attachment 771839View attachment 771840View attachment 771841View attachment 771842
Nice pics.... enjoy the car! Exact same config RN ##47 from April order. Picking up on Wed. Fingers crossed....

Nice pics.... enjoy the car! Exact same config RN ##47 from April order. Picking up on Wed. Fingers crossed....
Best of luck! Tesla delivery person asked me this evening if i still want to take delivery of the car because of the chipped paint and that it may take a month to match a car and deliver. I decided to take delivery hoping Tesla will fix that door. I may have to tell the detailer.

Reactions: Air Wind

View attachment 771838View attachment 771839View attachment 771840View attachment 771841View attachment 771842
Beautiful car, love MSM LR.

Beautiful car, love MSM LR.
Yes. MSM has this understated beauty that i appreciate after my other Black MS cars. I hope you get your car soon. Like you I had ordered Plaid + on 10/1/2020 with RN 1141X that I cancelled and ordered MSLR in early June. I also have a CT RN 11303 that I ordered right after Tesla announced. Not sure if I will keep that. May move to Subaru Solterrra.

Reactions: Davidrun2B

1) I don't have FSD. The autopilot works fine when staying in the same lane, and it automatically cancels when I use the turn signals or move to another lane without using turn signals. I have not found a way to resume the autopilot to the previous set speed, and I have re-engage it and set the speed again. This by itself is not a problem, but the issue is that the car rapidly decelerates when it cancels due to the single pedal driving feature. This was not the same in my previous 2018 Model S that had enhanced autopilot. I know, first world problems. I don't think this is enough of a problem for me to pay for a FSD subscription at this time.

3) I have the current software updated, but don't see the active noise cancelation option appear in the audio settings. Not sure what is going on there. Maybe I will wait for another software update before opening a service request.

4) I had the car set at Sport mode acceleration and it was great. I switched it to Insane mode, and wow! It goes from 40 mph to triple digit numbers in a couple seconds in Insane mode and now I will never switch it back to any other setting.

5) The audio defaults to "Streaming" which is the Tesla Slacker service. I have not found a way for it to default to Spotify or any other music source.

6) SiriusXM works great. In addition I have a fast external Samsung SSD drive with USB-C interface loaded up with about 10,000 mp3 music files of my entire library that I have compiled over the years. This drive takes about a minute to load into the touchscreen interface, same as in my previous Model S. Wish they had a way to just keep the library in memory instead of reloading it every time I start driving, and that they had a way for me to export playlists. I can only browse by Song, Artist and Folder. The screen also always goes to the top of the alphabetical list every time I tap the Back button instead of remembering the Artist. First world problem.

7) TuneIn radio streaming does not work, and it just goes into a spinning circle mode if I choose any station in TuneIn, and requires a reboot or stop-the-car-and-resume sequence to get audio to work again.

8) I have the suspension set to Comfort mode and the ride is still a bit harsh on highway expansion joints. Just wish that the ride was a bit more smoother on pot-hole ridden roads that we are blessed with in Pennsylvania. This is not a deal breaker, and the ride is closer to a BMW, and not a Cadillac.

9) I have gotten used to the Yoke a bit more now and don't see it as an issue. I still wish it was a steering wheel instead of a yoke as it is only a gimmick, but it is not a deal breaker. The yoke is not at all a problem when driving on highways.

10) I still need to look at the yoke to press the turn signal and wiper buttons as my muscle memory has not built up yet.

11) I wish the turn signal buttons had a way to blink 3 times and stop, although the logic to turn off the turn signal after the lane change works pretty well.

12) I had to turn on the automatic blind spot monitoring window that pops up on the touchscreen when the turn signals are activated. This is a very cool setting and wish it was turned on by default.

13) The automatic shifting to drive or reverse feature works most of the time, but not all the time. There was a big SUV parked in front of me in a parking lot and the car still was about to drive forward automatically. This is a Beta feature as they have noted, so perhaps it will improve in future updates.

14) The phone key has just worked flawlessly every time. Siri integration with the Tesla app on my iPhone 13 Pro Max is good, but not complete. I can ask Siri to get the current charge level on my car but cannot ask Siri to open the frunk or the tailgate. This is the only downside of the phone key and the key card, because there is no quick way of remotely opening the tailgate or frunk as in the keyfob. I have to get the phone out of my pocket, open the Tesla app, tap on controls and then tap on the buttons to open them. Wish Tesla had an Apple Watch app that did this, or that they enabled Siri controls for it. There are a few 3rd party paid Apple Watch apps that do this that I will likely just get in the meantime. Only reason I prefer to open it remotely is so I don't have to touch the muddy/dirty buttons on the tailgate to open it, especially when I have both hands full with grocery bags and such. Again, these are first world problems and not a big deal.

15) I have a white exterior color car and it looks wicked good to my eyes. But, I wish I had gotten the red exterior as my previous car was also a red and I miss it.
Watch for Tesla is a great app. It feels like a native Tesla product (Ok, so maybe that’s not THAT glowing of an endorsement 😂).

I have a complication on my main face that brings me to that app, then there’s 6 quick controls right in front of you. 2 clicks to do any one of those 6 things.

Reactions: Philadelphia-S
If someone is in front of you, your car will stop behind theirs at the light and then proceed after they proceed. If you are the first car approaching a red light at an intersection and you have AP enabled? The car will go THROUGH the red light if you do not intervene. So be careful
Interesting as I drive to/from work 65 miles a day and pass through at least 10 stop lights each way. When approaching the intersection the car will chime and state ‘stopping for traffic control’ and if the light is green, a tap on the accelerator and it keeps going. If the light is red or if it turns red even after I tapped to continue, it stops 100% of the time. I have never had the car misread the traffic signals.

I have FSD (not deployed in Canada yet) and I wonder if that is what makes the difference ?

Interesting as I drive to/from work 65 miles a day and pass through at least 10 stop lights each way. When approaching the intersection the car will chime and state ‘stopping for traffic control’ and if the light is green, a tap on the accelerator and it keeps going. If the light is red or if it turns red even after I tapped to continue, it stops 100% of the time. I have never had the car misread the traffic signals.

I have FSD (not deployed in Canada yet) and I wonder if that is what makes the difference ?
Yes. FSD recognizes stoplights. Basic AP does not.

Having to hold off on the PPF because of the chip is a bummer. Hopefully you won't gather anymore in the meantime.
The car is gorgeous. Yes I ordered the same spec.😊
You didn't mention FSD. Did you wave it off or accept it?

Reactions: bhakan