Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here you go. I hope….Having some difficulty doing this in my phone…..

View attachment 772177

Overall inventory of Model S does appear to be at its lowest this year. I’ve been randomly checking for some time.

Last edited:
Reactions: bhakan
Last evening I just requested for FSD Beta while playing around the functions and within an hr I have it and the system is ready to provide Safety Score for me. I am not going to drive much until tomorrow when mobile service can fix things. Just to more days for you.
I have been in the FSD Beta queue now for over 30 days. My score is 98. Each day you get a safety score and the system tracks your last 30 days. Tomorrow, a low scoring day for me will fall off as I probably had some fun that day. I have no idea when they will accept me into the program.

Reactions: bhakan
I have been in the FSD Beta queue now for over 30 days. My score is 98. Each day you get a safety score and the system tracks your last 30 days. Tomorrow, a low scoring day for me will fall off as I probably had some fun that day. I have no idea when they will accept me into the program.
Good to know. My cameras are still calibrating and I have been accepted to be in the Beta when the cameras have finished calibration. But I am not sure how it will go as my car will be with the detailer for 5-7 days. Then I tae and drive for a week and then out of the country for more than 3 weeks. Seems like I may have to start again..

As far as I'm aware, there hasn't been any new fsd invites (even for users with 100 safety score) since the start of January. Seems like they were focused on fixing some bugs/rolling stop before they invite more users. Since 10.10.2 has been pushed to most of the fleet now fingers crossed they start sending out more invites again.

Yeah, I'm conflicted about the lights... My car has already been produced and should be arriving in Kansas City tomorrow (I'm scheduled to pick it up on Friday), so no new lights for me. I actually prefer the current back end lights/black bar to what I've seen of the new back end, but the Matrix headlights would probably be a nice upgrade (though I seldom drive at night). I've been waiting 8 months, and won't pass on this car now that I'm so close to receiving it. The timing is just semi-painful if these rumors prove to be true...

On a different topic, I've received a quote to do PPF and Ceramic coating for my new Tesla. I have a terrific PPF guy who I've used 3 times in the past. HIs quote was for $700 for the front end partial (full front bumper, 1/3 of hood and fenders) or $1400 for full front clip (including full hood and full bumpers, plus headlights). He will do the ceramic coating after PPF for $500. Does this seem reasonable? I'm torn between the partial and full front wrap. I don't do a ton of interstate/highway driving, and in the past I've only done the partial front. I do think the line will be pretty noticeable though if I don't have the whole hood wrapped, since this one is Black, and I do like how shiny the PPF makes the car look, so I'm leaning towards the full front clip wrap.

Any thoughts? I've read the other posts on this forum with pros and cons, just curious on what the consensus is among those of us who've been suffering on this forum thread for so many months.

View attachment 772177

Yeah, I'm conflicted about the lights... My car has already been produced and should be arriving in Kansas City tomorrow (I'm scheduled to pick it up on Friday), so no new lights for me. I actually prefer the current back end lights/black bar to what I've seen of the new back end, but the Matrix headlights would probably be a nice upgrade (though I seldom drive at night). I've been waiting 8 months, and won't pass on this car now that I'm so close to receiving it. The timing is just semi-painful if these rumors prove to be true...

On a different topic, I've received a quote to do PPF and Ceramic coating for my new Tesla. I have a terrific PPF guy who I've used 3 times in the past. HIs quote was for $700 for the front end partial (full front bumper, 1/3 of hood and fenders) or $1400 for full front clip (including full hood and full bumpers, plus headlights). He will do the ceramic coating after PPF for $500. Does this seem reasonable? I'm torn between the partial and full front wrap. I don't do a ton of interstate/highway driving, and in the past I've only done the partial front. I do think the line will be pretty noticeable though if I don't have the whole hood wrapped, since this one is Black, and I do like how shiny the PPF makes the car look, so I'm leaning towards the full front clip wrap.

Any thoughts? I've read the other posts on this forum with pros and cons, just curious on what the consensus is among those of us who've been suffering on this forum thread for so many months.
Pricing reasonable. Get mirror housings covered too. Make sure a good quality film is used and they properly prep the paint.

Most swear by SunTek and Xpel.

Consider SunTek Reaction as it has built in ceramic. The cost difference is less than the $590 difference and is warranted for 8-10 years.

Wrap all edges. A good installer will remove trim to ensure proper wrap-around and for adhesion.

Do full front so no lines are visible as coverage will end at gap between quarter panel and door. Frunk will look nice all covered.

Have done it this way for twenty years. Moved to full coverage for wife’s new MYP and will do same for my Plaid.

If I were to ever get a black car again, would only do so with full PPF (whole car) coverage. Don’t have to deal with swirls this way. The film is self healing and really takes that headache away.

Last edited:

I’m with you. My car is probably on the same transport as I collect from KC this Saturday. Prefer the existing rear lights but would love the new matrix headlights. Wonder if they’re possible to retrofit? My guess is not due to wiring and software.

Reactions: chrisdh79
It has been 4 days since I picked up my car, and have driven it about 300 miles. Here are some observations:

1) I don't have FSD. The autopilot works fine when staying in the same lane, and it automatically cancels when I use the turn signals or move to another lane without using turn signals. I have not found a way to resume the autopilot to the previous set speed, and I have re-engage it and set the speed again. This by itself is not a problem, but the issue is that the car rapidly decelerates when it cancels due to the single pedal driving feature. This was not the same in my previous 2018 Model S that had enhanced autopilot. I know, first world problems. I don't think this is enough of a problem for me to pay for a FSD subscription at this time.

2) The traffic sign recognition works fine without FSD. I have not checked if the car automatically moves forward when the light turns green yet, and I will report back if it does. It does not sense Stop signs automatically yet.

3) I have the current software updated, but don't see the active noise cancelation option appear in the audio settings. Not sure what is going on there. Maybe I will wait for another software update before opening a service request.

4) I had the car set at Sport mode acceleration and it was great. I switched it to Insane mode, and wow! It goes from 40 mph to triple digit numbers in a couple seconds in Insane mode and now I will never switch it back to any other setting.

5) The audio defaults to "Streaming" which is the Tesla Slacker service. I have not found a way for it to default to Spotify or any other music source.

6) SiriusXM works great. In addition I have a fast external Samsung SSD drive with USB-C interface loaded up with about 10,000 mp3 music files of my entire library that I have compiled over the years. This drive takes about a minute to load into the touchscreen interface, same as in my previous Model S. Wish they had a way to just keep the library in memory instead of reloading it every time I start driving, and that they had a way for me to export playlists. I can only browse by Song, Artist and Folder. The screen also always goes to the top of the alphabetical list every time I tap the Back button instead of remembering the Artist. First world problem.

7) TuneIn radio streaming does not work, and it just goes into a spinning circle mode if I choose any station in TuneIn, and requires a reboot or stop-the-car-and-resume sequence to get audio to work again.

8) I have the suspension set to Comfort mode and the ride is still a bit harsh on highway expansion joints. Just wish that the ride was a bit more smoother on pot-hole ridden roads that we are blessed with in Pennsylvania. This is not a deal breaker, and the ride is closer to a BMW, and not a Cadillac.

9) I have gotten used to the Yoke a bit more now and don't see it as an issue. I still wish it was a steering wheel instead of a yoke as it is only a gimmick, but it is not a deal breaker. The yoke is not at all a problem when driving on highways.

10) I still need to look at the yoke to press the turn signal and wiper buttons as my muscle memory has not built up yet.

11) I wish the turn signal buttons had a way to blink 3 times and stop, although the logic to turn off the turn signal after the lane change works pretty well.

12) I had to turn on the automatic blind spot monitoring window that pops up on the touchscreen when the turn signals are activated. This is a very cool setting and wish it was turned on by default.

13) The automatic shifting to drive or reverse feature works most of the time, but not all the time. There was a big SUV parked in front of me in a parking lot and the car still was about to drive forward automatically. This is a Beta feature as they have noted, so perhaps it will improve in future updates.

14) The phone key has just worked flawlessly every time. Siri integration with the Tesla app on my iPhone 13 Pro Max is good, but not complete. I can ask Siri to get the current charge level on my car but cannot ask Siri to open the frunk or the tailgate. This is the only downside of the phone key and the key card, because there is no quick way of remotely opening the tailgate or frunk as in the keyfob. I have to get the phone out of my pocket, open the Tesla app, tap on controls and then tap on the buttons to open them. Wish Tesla had an Apple Watch app that did this, or that they enabled Siri controls for it. There are a few 3rd party paid Apple Watch apps that do this that I will likely just get in the meantime. Only reason I prefer to open it remotely is so I don't have to touch the muddy/dirty buttons on the tailgate to open it, especially when I have both hands full with grocery bags and such. Again, these are first world problems and not a big deal.

15) I have a white exterior color car and it looks wicked good to my eyes. But, I wish I had gotten the red exterior as my previous car was also a red and I miss it.
What is your software version?
Since my delivery was last evening my cameras are still calibrating.
I am driving just on local roads and trying to do three point turn or turn into my driveway for reverse parking using yoke. Learning curve for sure..pun unintended. Especially, I have to do a couple of careful maneuvers so that I don't hit the neighbor's small brick wall. It is turning more wide in my opinion compared t my 2018 MS 100D with 21 in wheels.
My autoshift while parked is not in effect yet as the cameras have to be calibrated over 99% I think. Likewise, I cannot use my autosteer and TACC yet due to calibration still occurring.
Coming from 21in sonic carbon twin turbine wheels this 19" wheels little different when I go on the bumps. That ride was definitely something.

Pricing reasonable. Get mirror housings covered too. Make sure a good quality film is used and they properly prep the paint.

Most swear by SunTek and Xpel.

Consider SunTek Reaction as it has built in ceramic. The cost difference is less than the $590 difference and is warranted for 8-10 years.

Wrap all edges. A good installer will remove trim to ensure proper wrap-around and for adhesion.

Do full front so no lines are visible as coverage will end at gap between quarter panel and door. Frunk will look nice all covered.

Have done it this way for twenty years. Moved to full coverage for wife’s new MYP and will do same for my Plaid.

If I were to ever get a black car again, would only do so with full PPF (whole car) coverage. Don’t have to deal with swirls this way. The film is self healing and really takes that headache away.
I agree with most of what Ohmster said. I did a full front on my Y but regretted not doing all of it later. Upkeep is just so much easier. So doing my S fully. I've seen a few in the wild where no PPF was done on the rear and it seems the rear flanks take a pretty good beating with all the power the S puts down.

I definitely want to get mudflats but sill trying to figure out the best option. PPF is not indestructible...

What is your software version?
Since my delivery was last evening my cameras are still calibrating.
I am driving just on local roads and trying to do three point turn or turn into my driveway for reverse parking using yoke. Learning curve for sure..pun unintended. Especially, I have to do a couple of careful maneuvers so that I don't hit the neighbor's small brick wall. It is turning more wide in my opinion compared t my 2018 MS 100D with 21 in wheels.
My autoshift while parked is not in effect yet as the cameras have to be calibrated over 99% I think. Likewise, I cannot use my autosteer and TACC yet due to calibration still occurring.
Coming from 21in sonic carbon twin turbine wheels this 19" wheels little different when I go on the bumps. That ride was definitely something.

That's your problem. You need to drive on the highway to calibrate the cameras, preferably during daytime with clear lane markings on both sides of your vehicle. Check out the owner's manual, it covers this in greater detail.

• Informative
Reactions: chrisdh79
That's your problem. You need to drive on the highway to calibrate the cameras, preferably during daytime with clear lane markings on both sides of your vehicle. Check out the owner's manual, it covers this in greater detail.
Actually, it calibrated tonight even tho i had not driven on the highway.

I agree with most of what Ohmster said. I did a full front on my Y but regretted not doing all of it later. Upkeep is just so much easier. So doing my S fully. I've seen a few in the wild where no PPF was done on the rear and it seems the rear flanks take a pretty good beating with all the power the S puts down.

I definitely want to get mudflats but sill trying to figure out the best option. PPF is not indestructible...
Easy. Put a second ‘overlay’ layer of PPF on rear flanks. Remove and replace as needed.

From the main MS delivery page. Picture pulled from FB.
35665DFC-C039-4BAD-9644-3ED96C3F16FC.jpeg

According to Teslerati, the new headlights and taillights start today after a brief assembly line pause.
Teslarati: Tesla reportedly pauses Model S line to make way for updated headlights.

Although. I would have liked the new matrix headlight, I'm glad I have the old taillights as I think they look much nicer than the new ones. It looks too much like a Model 3 from the back now.