Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m picking up my NF471 tomorrow. Really going back and forth regarding rejecting for headlights. Like others I prefer the old rear look but am worried about the poorly rated headlights. I currently drive a GLS daily with matrix multi beam that are enabled so I’m used to that type of dynamic lighting.
I was supposed to pick mine up tomorrow and opted to wait. I have had two Model S's and the one thing I really don't like is the dated taillights. Looks very 2012, happy to get the refreshed refresh.

Reactions: chrisdh79
Yeah, I'm conflicted about the lights... My car has already been produced and should be arriving in Kansas City tomorrow (I'm scheduled to pick it up on Friday), so no new lights for me. I actually prefer the current back end lights/black bar to what I've seen of the new back end, but the Matrix headlights would probably be a nice upgrade (though I seldom drive at night). I've been waiting 8 months, and won't pass on this car now that I'm so close to receiving it. The timing is just semi-painful if these rumors prove to be true...

On a different topic, I've received a quote to do PPF and Ceramic coating for my new Tesla. I have a terrific PPF guy who I've used 3 times in the past. HIs quote was for $700 for the front end partial (full front bumper, 1/3 of hood and fenders) or $1400 for full front clip (including full hood and full bumpers, plus headlights). He will do the ceramic coating after PPF for $500. Does this seem reasonable? I'm torn between the partial and full front wrap. I don't do a ton of interstate/highway driving, and in the past I've only done the partial front. I do think the line will be pretty noticeable though if I don't have the whole hood wrapped, since this one is Black, and I do like how shiny the PPF makes the car look, so I'm leaning towards the full front clip wrap.

Any thoughts? I've read the other posts on this forum with pros and cons, just curious on what the consensus is among those of us who've been suffering on this forum thread for so many months.
I'm in the same boat as you on the lights, scheduled for this week and will likely take delivery. I'm doing PPF on the full front and getting charged $1900

I thought about pushing the delivery too. Honestly the lights are better than I thought they would be. Curious to see how much of an improvement the new ones really are.

Even if there were a lot better, it won't make as much of a difference where I live now. Mostly city driving or on the highway. A lot less backroad driving on rainy nights where I would have benefitted the most.

My EDD had been holding steady at Apr 7 - May 5 but just updated this morning to Mar 17 - 31. I'm not really convinced yet though. I'm always suspicious of dates in the last 2 weeks of the quarter. OD was 12/28 and RN1162. I did change from red to blue recently so maybe that has something to do with it.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the existing lights. Nobody complained until new ones were announced (Osborne effect). Clearly the new ones are better technically and performance but we are going from just fine to even better kind of like all technology evolution. Every time we get a new toy we love it as it is the best....until a new version comes out ! Mine are no worse than the M540 I came from and I drive at night alot.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the existing lights. Nobody complained until new ones were announced (Osborne effect). Clearly the new ones are better technically and performance but we are going from just fine to even better kind of like all technology evolution. Every time we get a new toy we love it as it is the best....until a new version comes out ! Mine are no worse than the M540 I came from and I drive at night alot.
From IIHS the MS headlights have been rated poor since 2016, mainly due to light distance compared to M3/MY lights. This is a welcomed change!

• Disagree
Reactions: Waldokind
I (hopefully) should be getting my car here in the next few weeks. Hopefully with the new lights! Figure I should probably slowly start the financing ball rolling. Can anyone PM me a DCU referral? Thank you!

I actually have almost no preference between the taillights. I like both which generally doesn't happen to me when something new comes out!

Do yourself a favor and search the forum before making statements like this "Nobody complained until new ones were announced".

Many people have been complaining about light output ever since they were switched from the projectors to LED's.

Tesla Model S gets new projector headlights​

Attachments

• refresh-lights.jpg
    refresh-lights.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 101
  • x-s-taiwan-768x1024.jpg
    x-s-taiwan-768x1024.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: TheMacc
Digital Credit Union. You can generally get the lowest rate. 1.29% 60 months is last I checked. I was already pre approved for 1.99% at 72 months but lower is better so I am looking did a referral to sign up!
DCU isn't currently allowing referrals. And TMC doesn't like referrals either even though it's a sorta off-the-books rule (haven't looked it up myself though)

I think someone that has a pre-existing referral code might be able to still send one? But generating new codes or sending new referral emails is not possible.

DCU is doing a site refresh and their stance is they "anticipate this being available again in the near future."

Reactions: TheMacc
DCU isn't currently allowing referrals. And TMC doesn't like referrals either even though it's a sorta off-the-books rule (haven't looked it up myself though)

I think someone that has a pre-existing referral code might be able to still send one? But generating new codes or sending new referral emails is not possible.

DCU is doing a site refresh and their stance is they "anticipate this being available again in the near future."
I opened a DCU account and have had zero luck with contacting anyone who can help me with an account issue. Great rates, zero customer service.

Do yourself a favor and search the forum before making statements like this "Nobody complained until new ones were announced".

Many people have been complaining about light output ever since they were switched from the projectors to LED's.
Fair statement and you are correct. Being my first Tesla, my scope of observation is only within the Palladium forums since February 2021 when I joined. I did not observe any complaining or comments about the lights being delivered on the refresh S until new lights were mentioned and I will be more careful with doing due diligence before making such a broad statement. Thank you for the feedback.