Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is your software version?
Since my delivery was last evening my cameras are still calibrating.
I am driving just on local roads and trying to do three point turn or turn into my driveway for reverse parking using yoke. Learning curve for sure..pun unintended. Especially, I have to do a couple of careful maneuvers so that I don't hit the neighbor's small brick wall. It is turning more wide in my opinion compared t my 2018 MS 100D with 21 in wheels.
My autoshift while parked is not in effect yet as the cameras have to be calibrated over 99% I think. Likewise, I cannot use my autosteer and TACC yet due to calibration still occurring.
Coming from 21in sonic carbon twin turbine wheels this 19" wheels little different when I go on the bumps. That ride was definitely something.
My software version is 2021.43.201.

According to Teslerati, the new headlights and taillights start today after a brief assembly line pause.
Teslarati: Tesla reportedly pauses Model S line to make way for updated headlights.

Although. I would have liked the new matrix headlight, I'm glad I have the old taillights as I think they look much nicer than the new ones. It looks too much like a Model 3 from the back now.
This is awesome news! I have a mid-April - May delivery window. I like the new lights.

My software version is 2021.43.201.
That's what I have too. So, you don't like the blind spot camera pict on the screen when you toggle the turn signal? It goes away when you start the turn. I have the FSD and Navigate on AP selected. I used to use AP on my local roads ever since Tesla initiated the software few years back and I love it on local roads in my previous Teslas. Traffic is so crazy where I am and AP is great on local traffic. Have my safety score at 94 even tho only one drive was on the highway. Mostly local.

I am so impatient, I just want the car
I hear you. This process has tested my patience like no other.

Well at least our long wait will most likely be rewarded with new lights. Even though I prefer the design of the old tail lights, the new headlights will be worth it.

Yeah, I am pretty happy to get the newer stuff but I do not like the paint matched rear bar. I may have to see if I can adjust that though I likely will never do it.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Took delivery today. VIN 470. Black/White interior, 19in continental all seasons. Tesla Highland Park, IL . Besides a tiny rock chip near the driver front wheel (car needs standard mudflaps) the car was nearly flawless. Delivery beyond easy. So much tighter build, quieter and smoother then our prior 18 model x, model Y and 3. Certainly worth the wait. @2MuchLala hang in there.
Honestly, I’m not sure what I’m going to check on my phone now. Every morning I would wake up and check my account and this site for the last 7 + months. The distraction this journey allowed from politics and the grind of thinking about COVID was appreciated. Best of luck everyone and thanks to all those that shared their early experiences. @omarsultan (my favorite zoom all time was seeing your early plaid )
Thx dude, glad you enjoyed it :)

Reactions: GrnSqrl
Fair statement and you are correct. Being my first Tesla, my scope of observation is only within the Palladium forums since February 2021 when I joined. I did not observe any complaining or comments about the lights being delivered on the refresh S until new lights were mentioned and I will be more careful with doing due diligence before making such a broad statement. Thank you for the feedback.
I agreed with your original post. No one here wanted better headlights until they were under the impression better headlights existed.
I was just on the freeway the other night and I saw a brand new Tesla model Y and a new Tesla refreshed S and they were side-by-side on the freeway and it was obvious the model Y had brighter clearer headlamps. Now I’m looking forward to the new headlights. Another thought.
My 2021 Toyota Prius has very clear bright projector LEDs and so does my 2021 civic type R and my wife’s 2021 BMW X3 so I’m glad they’re updating them to keep up with my other cars..

Reactions: Proppilot
I agreed with your original post. No one here wanted better headlights until they were under the impression better headlights existed.
I was just on the freeway the other night and I saw a brand new Tesla model Y and a new Tesla refreshed S and they were side-by-side on the freeway and it was obvious the model Y had brighter clearer headlamps. Now I’m looking forward to the new headlights. Another thought.
My 2021 Toyota Prius has very clear bright projector LEDs and so does my 2021 civic type R and my wife’s 2021 BMW X3 so I’m glad they’re updating them to keep up with my other cars..

I asked Franz directly about front and back lights on delivery day. I think that may predate any ‘impressions’ for the S. Everyone has known better headlights existed. Look at almost any European vehicle. :))

We took delivery of my wife’s MYP about a month ago. Headlights blow away what we had on our ‘17 S and X.