Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my model S two days ago. NF471 - old style headlights and taillights but I honestly didn't care - they seem fine to me. Build quality is below what I had expected seeing a family members Model 3 delivered 2 months ago. (Any many others posting flawless posts). Multiple panel gaps off, wrinkled left rear passenger seat, center console light turns off when opening console, yoke worm, yoke buzz on the left side, rubber gaskets bent in door sills, etc. Drive was good and no drive related issues! Sound system is phenomenal. Yoke will take getting used to but I dont mind the lack of stalks. Will see if I decide to swap for round wheel if/when Tesla decides to offer that as a service item. Made a list of service items for them to re-align with service in 2 weeks. Hopefully they can give me my missing trunk privacy shelf at that time as well. (floor mats were included)

Also, does anyone know if the rectangular speaker grill above just the driver/passanger are speakers or microphones? They dont seem to put out any sounds no matter what I tune to. Everyone I've called from the car thus far tells me they hear their own voice / echo not sure if this is isolated to just me or more of global thing.

Overall I am happy with the car, will hopefully get majority of this fixed in service. I'll post some nice photos of the car once I get it ceramic coated and tinted over the next week!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 1.12.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 1.12.55 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 223
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 1.12.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 1.12.01 AM.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 82
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 1.11.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 1.11.42 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 1.15.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 1.15.17 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 1.15.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 1.15.38 AM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 81
I picked up my model S two days ago. NF471 - old style headlights and taillights but I honestly didn't care - they seem fine to me. Build quality is below what I had expected seeing a family members Model 3 delivered 2 months ago. (Any many others posting flawless posts). Multiple panel gaps off, wrinkled left rear passenger seat, center console light turns off when opening console, yoke worm, yoke buzz on the left side, rubber gaskets bent in door sills, etc. Drive was good and no drive related issues! Sound system is phenomenal. Yoke will take getting used to but I dont mind the lack of stalks. Will see if I decide to swap for round wheel if/when Tesla decides to offer that as a service item. Made a list of service items for them to re-align with service in 2 weeks. Hopefully they can give me my missing trunk privacy shelf at that time as well. (floor mats were included)

Also, does anyone know if the rectangular speaker grill above just the driver/passanger are speakers or microphones? They dont seem to put out any sounds no matter what I tune to. Everyone I've called from the car thus far tells me they hear their own voice / echo not sure if this is isolated to just me or more of global thing.

Overall I am happy with the car, will hopefully get majority of this fixed in service. I'll post some nice photos of the car once I get it ceramic coated and tinted over the next week!
I can see that 'worm' on every yoke wheels but yours seems to be a lot more visible. Did they mention what that is?

It looks like your rocker panel isn't snapped in all the way. Maybe give it a whack.

• Informative
Reactions: chrisdh79
I wouldn't be surprised! You can call and have the SA "ping" your car to find it's precise location. If it's still in Chicago, not much chance you'll be able to pick it up on Saturday... I think our cars all get shipped to Chicago via rail and then trucked down to KC...
Looks like the car has arrived. Got a call confirming my delivery appointment tomorrow. Being a 470 VIN it will have the older style lights etc but I’m not bothered. Prefer the older rear end and just glad to get the car after 8 months waiting.

Congrats! Enjoy your car and you deserve it. Interesting you mention the console lights as I did not check to see if it lights up. I did not go to my car in the evening and now my car is with the detailer and if I am lucky I can pick it up next Sat Mar 5th or else on Mar 7th Monday...
I have a mobile service appointment and from the description I think it has to do with the lining/beading around the console. Not sure. Will update once it is fixed next week.

I have a quick question.
I am planning to install the precut ppf on my Model S. The precut ppf provider said if I use the ppf without the cut for sensors in the ppf, the sensors work fine once the ppf dry's up. Is this true? Any idea?
I had STEK Dyno Prism ppf on my 2017 MS MSM no problem with sensors. Put the same on my 2021 MSLR MSM. Got error messages that the sensors are blocked, clean or reinstall. Service Center said the sensors on the refresh MS are much more sensitive for the FSD. Took the ppf off the sensors and the error messages went away. Not sure if you will be okay with just clear ppf.

How are people feeling about the move to vision only for Model S and X? I have to admit it is making me second guess my order.
Fine.

Why? Tesla has a boat load of smart people on it. If that’s the design path they’ve chosen, I’m not worried. They certainly are not going to continue one way on half their platforms and something else on the other.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
They certainly are not going to continue one way on half their platforms and something else on the other.
They might. The AP2 cars that don't pay for FSD, to get the AP3/FSD computer, might not have the processing power to support Tesla Vision. In which case they would stay using the old code with radar support. Of course they may not get any actual updates going forward, just major bug/security fixes... (Just like AP1 cars no longer receive updates to improve AP.)

Fine.

Why? Tesla has a boat load of smart people on it. If that’s the design path they’ve chosen, I’m not worried. They certainly are not going to continue one way on half their platforms and something else on the other.
We have a very good sample set across the vision only 3 and Y, and it is consistently noted that phantom breaking is worse in vision only. When I was on vision-only FSD beta in my radar Y there was a noticeable difference in performance (I left the beta for unrelated reasons). I definitely saw the S still having radar as a bonus, personally

So, my ever-moving EDD has moved again to April. To say I am pissed is an understatement. I went into a Tesla showroom to see what gives. I was told my profile was not considered complete until December 20 (when the jerks told me to renew my financing because the car was coming by the end of December). The reality is my profile was also complete with financing approved in July as well - I had not applied for financing initially but did so when I was close to entering my delivery window. I am really hoping my EQS580 order comes before the MS so I can tell Tesla to keep it...

And my second call to the so-called "Loyalty Advisor" went unanswered yet again.

Interesting thing is the showroom had a Plaid - Black/Black 21" CF with a MF437XX VIN.

So, my ever-moving EDD has moved again to April. To say I am pissed is an understatement. I went into a Tesla showroom to see what gives. I was told my profile was not considered complete until December 20 (when the jerks told me to renew my financing because the car was coming by the end of December). The reality is my profile was also complete with financing approved in July as well - I had not applied for financing initially but did so when I was close to entering my delivery window. I am really hoping my EQS580 order comes before the MS so I can tell Tesla to keep it...

And my second call to the so-called "Loyalty Advisor" went unanswered yet again.

Interesting thing is the showroom had a Plaid - Black/Black 21" CF with a MF437XX VIN.
So your 3/11 to 3/31 Edd moved to April? This is going to sound way to optimistic but when I have seen others get pushed when not in their EDD range that could be a good sign? Maybe the infamous bump before the VIN. I would love for you to post the first TMC member who posts new pics of the new headlights and taillights.

You have to stay optimistic during this or else you will go crazy.

Anyone curious if you have any luck o9n that tesla inventory site....well, I got lucky Tuesday and locked my Model S L/R in when I saw one pop up exactly as I had ordered in Kennesaw, Ga. Delivery was showing June/July for me at the time. Got on the phone with a Tesla rep and they not only placed me in the car, they said it hadnt shipped from Fremont yet and asked me if i would still like to pick it up in Savannah which is about 100 miles closer to me. So heck yeah, delivery is scheduled for March. I hope this helps. Keep an eye on that site and you might get lucky. I did! Or I think I did, havent picked up the car yet. LOL.

VIN just got assigned as 472 (MS Plaid). Saw some people mentioned 472 a few days back - is this a pre line down VIN? Or is this possibly a post line down VIN? Wondering if I should delay delivery in hopes of a post line down...
I don't think we have seen a 473 VIN yet. As far as I can tell, the line was stopped during 472 so yours could be the first new S or the last of the pre-S.

I'd like to tell you not to waiver and be resolute, but under your circumstances it's just difficult. Every time I see a RN114X here still waiting for their car I feel a bit uncomfortable to say the least.
The incomplete profile excuse sounds like BS. Like you my EDD has moved constantly. Entered a 5 day window near the end of the year. Since the New Year have had the EDD of 4 weeks in April. There's no financing involved, since I set up to pay in full through the APP upon delivery.
Hearing your dilemma, I now wonder if they screwed up my profile. This is the longest my EDD has every gone without movement. I'll be calling or going to the SC on Monday.
Hang in there, everyone who takes delivery says the wait is worth it. 🤞

P.S.

Seeing new 2021-22 Plaids sitting at stores doesn't make things better either.

Reactions: FlatSix911
After a few inquiries I would like to share a couple of data points. My MSLR was assigned a vin# on Wednesday 2/23 evening after 5pm est. EDD changed from 3/1-3/29 to 3/9- 3/15. I was told on Thursday 2/24 it was still in production. I was then informed the gate date or build complete date was 2/25. Vin # 4724xx. Hoping for the refresh, from this information it’s the last of a run or the first with the changes.