Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MSLR came with Pirelli Summer Tires last week in Kansas City. The Tesla guys there had assured me repeatedly that I'd get All Season tires, and seemed shocked when my 19 inch rims came with Summer Tires. They agreed to order the Continental A/S tires for me without batting an eye, and I'm hoping to have them installed soon (expecting 3 inches of snow and a high of 26 next Thursday!). I do have a truck to drive in the snow, and would never take my MSLR out in the snow (or rain, for that matter), so I'm probably fine until my new tires arrive.

I got my car back from the detailer last evening. All American Paint Protection did the entire work for me. They did an amzing job. I got Xpel Ultimate Plus Stealth full PPF for my car followed by Fusion plus ceramic coating everywhere. I asked them for blue Tesla emblem which they did for free. It was not wrapped. They had to send to a special team that worked on that. It was painted and then baked and he explained the process which not a quick one. He noticed that the rear camera has a crack on the inside and I put in a service request for that . I included pic for that from while I was driving. Now it is even more challenging to back into my driveway even tho I have side cameras.

PXL_20220305_155929068.jpgPXL_20220305_155852923.jpgPXL_20220304_232559748.jpgPXL_20220305_155837179_2.jpg

I got my car back from the detailer last evening. All American Paint Protection did the entire work for me. They did an amzing job. I got Xpel Ultimate Plus Stealth full PPF for my car followed by Fusion plus ceramic coating everywhere. I asked them for blue Tesla emblem which they did for free. It was not wrapped. They had to send to a special team that worked on that. It was painted and then baked and he explained the process which not a quick one. He noticed that the rear camera has a crack on the inside and I put in a service request for that . I included pic for that from while I was driving. Now it is even more challenging to back into my driveway even tho I have side cameras.

View attachment 777155View attachment 777156View attachment 777157View attachment 777158
Beautiful wrap. Love the stealth wrap. What was the estimate on the ppf?

I have to find Tesla document. I sent them what Pirelli Pzero requirments are.
Under the maintenance section.

Warning
In cold temperatures or on snow or ice, summer tires do not provide adequate traction. Selecting and installing the appropriate tires for winter conditions is important to ensure the safety and optimum performance of your Model S.

Tire performance is reduced in low ambient temperatures, resulting in reduced grip and an increased susceptibility to damage from impacts. Performance tires (summer applications) have reduced traction in ambient temperatures below 40° F (5° C), and are not recommended in snow/ice conditions. Performance tires can temporarily harden when cold, causing you to hear rotational noise for the first few miles (kilometers) until the tires warm up.

Reactions: bhakan
Just got a text from Tesla that I should pay for AS tires as "my vehicle was delivered with the equipment installed for performance." So their cost estimate says I should pay $1376 for 4 tires and the installation. I may have to see it is in the Tesla manual that I cannot drive with summer tires below a certain temp. Do we know it says that? Thx

Tesla delivers cars with summer tires during winter regularly. The key here is that they normally do not put summer tires on the non-performance variants of a model with the smallest wheels. I would push back and say you have a LR and 19” wheels. Maybe go to the SC and find another MS with all seasons and point this out.

Reactions: bhakan
Beautiful wrap. Love the stealth wrap. What was the estimate on the ppf?
Thanks. You cannot see the seam in any place. Excellent perfection in work and used full sheets mostly. I had full stealth ppf in my previous MS also and I loved it. Just ask them for an estimate for what you want. 8.5k for Xpel Ultimate plus full stealth. I wanted easy maintenance and asked separately for fusion plus ceramic coating on top of that. They were the only people that could complete my car to perfection and deliver in a timely manner as I will be out of the country for a month after next week.

• Informative
Reactions: chrisdh79
Thanks. You cannot see the seam in any place. Excellent perfection in work and used full sheets mostly. I had full stealth ppf in my previous MS also and I loved it. Just ask them for an estimate for what you want. 8.5k for Xpel Ultimate plus full stealth. I wanted easy maintenance and asked separately for fusion plus ceramic coating on top of that. They were the only people that could complete my car to perfection and deliver in a timely manner as I will be out of the country for a month after next week.
8.5k just for the wrap?

If so damn…usually it goes for 5-6k around here in CA from all dealers I’ve been speaking to.

8k+ was if they did a full xpel tint, paint correction and ceramic coating

• Informative
Reactions: chrisdh79
Hello all,

I'm in Houston, Texas and I was just assigned a VIN for white on white model S LR with a VIN of 4718XX. I called Tesla and the sales advisor on the phone said it was the new lights. However, I think she must have been mistaken as it's a Feb 14th build. I think it's a rejected vehicle with the old lights as my EDD was originally April to May.

Hello all,

I'm in Houston, Texas and I was just assigned a VIN for white on white model S LR with a VIN of 4718XX. I called Tesla and the sales advisor on the phone said it was the new lights. However, I think she must have been mistaken as it's a Feb 14th build. I think it's a rejected vehicle with the old lights as my EDD was originally April to May.
A lot of the rest of us still waiting do appreciate it when you indicate your order particulars so we can be envious appropriately and occasionally take our anger out on you. That said 2/14 build and 471 likely old lights.

Hello all,

Yes that will be old lights.

Hello all,

This is the first time in 9 months I am not jealous of someone getting my exact build 🤣

8.5k just for the wrap?

If so damn…usually it goes for 5-6k around here in CA from all dealers I’ve been speaking to.

8k+ was if they did a full xpel tint, paint correction and ceramic coating
Comparing apples to apples-for stealth, ceramic coating etc I got identical quote from two other detailers in my area that include the time range I was willing to accept and the proximity to me. I don't want to be spending on uber trips for drop off pickup and the time...Since he also did the decal it compares well from my opinion.

My MSLR came with Pirelli Summer Tires last week in Kansas City. The Tesla guys there had assured me repeatedly that I'd get All Season tires, and seemed shocked when my 19 inch rims came with Summer Tires. They agreed to order the Continental A/S tires for me without batting an eye, and I'm hoping to have them installed soon (expecting 3 inches of snow and a high of 26 next Thursday!). I do have a truck to drive in the snow, and would never take my MSLR out in the snow (or rain, for that matter), so I'm probably fine until my new tires arrive.
This was the million dollar question I was wondering. I’m also a KC delivery, but got pushed April 8-May 8 today :(

I’m not accepting the car without A/S tires. I’ll lose my mind if they start pushing more sets of summer on the 19” rims once spring fully hits.

This was the million dollar question I was wondering. I’m also a KC delivery, but got pushed April 8-May 8 today :(

I’m not accepting the car without A/S tires. I’ll lose my mind if they start pushing more sets of summer on the 19” rims once spring fully hits.
I had the same thought, @TigerBoo! That's why I checked, double-checked, and triple-checked with Tesla before delivery to make 100% certain I was getting All Seasons. I didn't want to drive 3 hours to see Summer tires on my car. I even called the day before delivery, when the car was physically sitting at the KC Tesla location, to confirm I was getting All Season tires.

And yet, when I arrived, there those Summer tires were... The advisor was "stunned" that the car with 19 inch rims had the Perelli's. And then I started looking around their lot at all the other MSLR cars awaiting delivery with 19 inch rims, and nearly EVERY one of them (like 5 out of the 6 cars I spotted) had the summer tires. DOH!

On the bright side, Tesla quickly agreed to replace them with the Continental All-Seasons (though it will take a couple of weeks, and it's supposed to be snowing and cold next week in Omaha). Tesla also threw in the all-season floor mat set and the trunk floor mat set ($450 cost), so all in all I think they did the right thing.

I'm not sure what else I could have done to ensure the car had all-seasons, so good luck with your pickup!

I had the same thought, @TigerBoo! That's why I checked, double-checked, and triple-checked with Tesla before delivery to make 100% certain I was getting All Seasons. I didn't want to drive 3 hours to see Summer tires on my car. I even called the day before delivery, when the car was physically sitting at the KC Tesla location, to confirm I was getting All Season tires.

And yet, when I arrived, there those Summer tires were... The advisor was "stunned" that the car with 19 inch rims had the Perelli's. And then I started looking around their lot at all the other MSLR cars awaiting delivery with 19 inch rims, and nearly EVERY one of them (like 5 out of the 6 cars I spotted) had the summer tires. DOH!

On the bright side, Tesla quickly agreed to replace them with the Continental All-Seasons (though it will take a couple of weeks, and it's supposed to be snowing and cold next week in Omaha). Tesla also threw in the all-season floor mat set and the trunk floor mat set ($450 cost), so all in all I think they did the right thing.

I'm not sure what else I could have done to ensure the car had all-seasons, so good luck with your pickup!
I am not lucky. Tesla texted me today that the owner advisor must have documented it in my delivery. I sent them the date (9/28/21) and time of my email to my OA and DA asking them to note in my account about confirming AS tires for 19" rims. Today being Sat no confirmation from anyone. It seems like they are not going to give me unless I pay money. For me the biggest concern now is the issue with rear view camera which terrifies me when i backed up and kids were playing and I could not see anything on the camera. I have to pick my battle and that is of utmost importance to me now.

Reactions: Seeknldge