Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I'm in Houston, Texas and I was just assigned a VIN for white on white model S LR with a VIN of 4718XX. I called Tesla and the sales advisor on the phone said it was the new lights. However, I think she must have been mistaken as it's a Feb 14th build. I think it's a rejected vehicle with the old lights as my EDD was originally April to May.
I just got a Feb 14th build as well. Something strange going on.

Reactions: Mwolfe
I faced the same dilemma last week, and I chose to move forward with my delivery of an MSLR with the "old" lights after waiting 8.5 months.

Now that I actually have the car, I honestly don't care one bit about the updates, and I'm very happy with my decision. I'll bet 90% of Tesla buyers won't even notice the new lights (or be sad about receiving the "old" lights), unless they are glued to these forum posts like many of us are.

So is every MS LR (refresh+) with 19” getting summer tires?

I don’t mind getting summer tires as I usually run snow tires. But I don’t want a hit on range. The biggest reason for the hit on range of the 21” is not the rim but the TIRE. Which historically would be a summer tire.

I wonder if these were for 19” Plaids or they simply ran out.

If your delivery advisor ghosts you completely (multiple emails sent, no responses for literal months) - who are you supposed to reach out to instead? Can I just chat into their support and ask to be reassigned to someone else?
If I were to guess I’d say you pissed someone off at Tesla or they just hate you. A Bay Area order that has not been filled this long needs explaining

My EDD changed again to March 8-22nd. Seems somewhat reasonable? No VIN so, as always, means nothihg. Would love to take delivery soon but honestly I have almost no hope of that happening! Only reason it seems more plausible is the EDD isn't the last two weeks of the quarter but before, but who knows

Reactions: cmarshack
My EDD changed again to March 8-22nd. Seems somewhat reasonable? No VIN so, as always, means nothihg. Would love to take delivery soon but honestly I have almost no hope of that happening! Only reason it seems more plausible is the EDD isn't the last two weeks of the quarter but before, but who knows
Is your order an LR with FSD? If so, our orders have the same build and close delivery locations. Mine also changed to March 8-22. Probably it means they are going to produce this build in a batch.

Reactions: TheMacc