Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got approved for the same from DCU, I should of waited tho. Only thing they are waiting on is the VIN. I didn't realize they needed the VIN. Navy Federal always sends me a check and I place the VIN number on the check. Looks like my DCU financing will expire as I'm seeing all these dates be pushed back.
Delivery set for 3/18-3/22. DCU was insanely easy. Approved for full purchase price at 1.24% with direct deposit. 1.74% without. 65 months, No payments for 60 days. They are fedexing me the check today.

You might be giving too much credit to Tesla's logistics and delivery process... Yes, obviously no one the mid-west wants summer tires, as it's below 40 degrees for months at a time here. So it's only reasonable to think that any car shipping to KC with 19 inch rims would get all-seasons. WRONG!

On the bright side, Tesla did agree that this is messed up and will be replacing my summer tires with all-season tires as soon as they are available. Doesn't do me much good this week though (highs in the 20s and snow forecast).

So you MIGHT get all-seasons, but you very possibly might not. I'd lay the groundwork now with your SA that if the car comes with summer tires, they will agree to swap them out. That's what I did and it did seem to help.
Haha. Good point about Tesla....

I did confirm with my delivery center that I am getting all-seasons based on my VIN. But I suppose even then, the car could show up with wrong stuff.

Reactions: mswlogo
Delivery set for 3/18-3/22. DCU was insanely easy. Approved for full purchase price at 1.24% with direct deposit. 1.74% without. 65 months, No payments for 60 days. They are fedexing me the check today.

I have the same EDD with a VIN and am planning to use DCU. Did you already receive your MVPA?

Haha. Good point about Tesla....

I did confirm with my delivery center that I am getting all-seasons based on my VIN. But I suppose even then, the car could show up with wrong stuff.

I am almost expecting summers to show up due to all the tire issues they have at delivery. I saw a Plaid MX delivered with two different brand tires.

RN1152 Gray on Cream, 21" wheels with FSD.

Ordered last June. Numerous bumps til Feb, then huge bump to May - June in Feb. Just skipped back a bit to Apr 23 - May 21st.

Hate how I always get my hopes up each time only to be disappointed when bumped again.

Voltij -

As my twinsie, I feel your pain. My EDD is holding at 4/10-5/8. Its been at that date since January.

In Chicago : OD : 8/15- RN 1154xxx... Mine is still holding 3/16-3/30 since 2/25.. Let's see if it holds :rolleyes:
Quick update ; Just refreshed and saw a VIN # Assigned .. NF472---- FINALLYYYYYY!!!

Is your order an LR with FSD? If so, our orders have the same build and close delivery locations. Mine also changed to March 8-22. Probably it means they are going to produce this build in a batch.

We can both hope. Do have FSD as of now.

It is likely since you’re in Cali they have you as a placeholder for a last minute EOQ delivery should one come available either off the line or a cancellation.. We’ve seen this happen occasionally.

I’d expect to be pushed though.

It'll be interesting to see as the EDD was theast two weeks of the Quarter (leads to think placeholder as well), but then moved up to 8-22. That indicates to me that maybe there's something else to it? I mean who knows, but I am hoping! If it was still the last two weeks of the quarter I would have no hope as much of us do!

Update on my VIN decision- I went over to the Tesla store yesterday. They were really nice and helped me. They have a plaid in the show room, first time I have gotten to sit in a new model. I spent time going over everything. Then they showed me the VIN that was assigned to me. I spent a lot of time with it and decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. They warned me that I would have to put my account on hold to be sure if I wanted the new lights. I decided it did not matter to me before the lights came out, or when I placed my order so why should it matter so much now. I pointed out some hood misalignment and a very small chip in the front splitter. Also missing parcel shelf. They are going to work on it this week- pickup scheduled for Wed at 11am

And it had the 19s with Pzero summer tires FYI. Which I will take and prefer over the contis

Last edited:
Update on my VIN decision- I went over to the Tesla store yesterday. They were really nice and helped me. They have a plaid in the show room, first time I have gotten to sit in a new model. I spent time going over everything. Then they showed me the VIN that was assigned to me. I spent a lot of time with it and decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. They warned me that I would have to put my account on hold to be sure if I wanted the new lights. I decided it did not matter to me before the lights came out, or when I placed my order so why should it matter so much now. I pointed out some hood misalignment and a very small chip in the front splitter. Also missing parcel shelf. They are going to work on it this week- pickup scheduled for Wed at 11am

And it had the 19s with Pzero summer tires FYI. Which I will take and prefer over the contis
I made the same decision regarding the lights... I haven't regretted it. Once you take delivery, all is well!