Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I placed a new order for a Model S (even tho I just took delivery) I really wish I would have been delayed just a little longer for the updated tails and headlights. The way the used car market is right now, I should be able to sell mine and get into the new one for a wash. In Oregon we don't have sales tax so no loss there. I figure worst case I can always just cancel the order if things don't hold up only risking the $250 order deposit.

I drove my MSLR (with older lights) at night last night for the first time since I took delivery. I was very curious how satisfied I'd be with the lights. I found them to be fine! If I hadn't read about them being "Poor" on this forum, there's no way I'd have given them a second thought.

Will the new lights be better? Undoubtedly! I totally get why many have chosen to wait for them. But for anyone out there trying to decide to accept or reject a "bird in the hand" (with the old lights), I just wanted to report that I don't see a problem for my own use case. YMMV...

The only think my bank (DCU) needed was MVPA which is available under your account. Also, call the Tesla main number/your delivery advisor 9 I emailed her actually) and provide the name of the bank and the amount you are financing. I told them DCU and 50k. in about an hour there was a revised MVPA that had DCU name and the financed amount. I just downloaded and then uploaded to DCU portal. I did not hear anything about "Title application." usually Title is done at the time of delivery and Tesla does that which should have your lien holder (bank) name.
Will Tesla do this without a vin yet. I applied though DCU when my EDD was close then it got pushed back. So now I'm on the 45 day clock. I'll have to have to apply again and take that inquiry on my credit again.

Last edited: