Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, I know there are extensive checklists. Most are full of stupid stuff. When I see “make sure the color matches what you ordered” or you got “two keys” I stop reading.

What is a concise list of things to check that are a common issues to watch out for.

Like Summer Tires on 19”, something about console alignment. etc.

Don’t care about a list of obvious stuff like panel gaps and VIN number matches.
If you are asking us or a list of things we think you would care about, that might be a tall order.

I suggest you take the very comprehensive list that already exists and delete the items you think are obvious. Boom, done.

Should I be worried that I got my vin 3 days and have not received a text to schedule delivery?
Well, you have a VIN, that's good. You got it more than 10 days from your EDD window. Which would mean it was assigned at the factory I believe. Also good. We seem to have a notion of 2 weeks for transportation. So that should easily drop your car in the Chicago area during your window, still 10 days away.
I wouldn't worry yet. I don't think Tesla will call you to schedule, until they are sure of your impending delivery. Then things will happen fast.

I left a VM and sent a text. No response yet.
Realized it has summer P Zero tires when I arrived home.
Called again to follow up. A person from the Gallery location answered. I was told that its a performance car so the MS refresh comes with performance summer tires. Stated that I did not agree and that it was not acceptable. Was told I would have a call within an hour.
No call, so I called again. Was able to speak with the nice gentleman who I met at delivery. He indicated to make a service appointment to have them swapped at no cost. But that there is an issue with Tesla keeping in stock.

Ok, I know there are extensive checklists. Most are full of stupid stuff. When I see “make sure the color matches what you ordered” or you got “two keys” I stop reading.

What is a concise list of things to check that are a common issues to watch out for.

Like Summer Tires on 19”, something about console alignment. etc.

Don’t care about a list of obvious stuff like panel gaps and VIN number matches.
The list is comprehensive for a reason. One list will not fit all, but that comprehensive list is a start for you to pick and choose what you want and delete the things you find "stupid".

then you can add in other things that you find relevant to you.

Seems to me you're lazy to go through the list that was typed by someone that obviously took a long time and you want something handed to you on a silver platter that is directly relevant to you solely. that's my 2 cents

• Informative
Reactions: chrisdh79
If you are asking us or a list of things we think you would care about, that might be a tall order.

I suggest you take the very comprehensive list that already exists and delete the items you think are obvious. Boom, done.
Exactly...post like that really peeves me on how lazy people are and call things that are obvious to them personally "stupid".

if you really want something then look through the thread "don't care how long" and write things down for yourself. DONE

Picked up my refresh pre-refresh model SLR last evening. Great experience. They had re-alligned the hood and fixed a small chip in the splitter. They did not have the parcel shelf but said I should get it soon. No other issues except a small felt disk sticking out of the passenger side trim on the dash.
Question- I hear the air suspension more than my other cars that have had it- is that usual?

The list is comprehensive for a reason. One list will not fit all, but that comprehensive list is a start for you to pick and choose what you want and delete the things you find "stupid".

then you can add in other things that you find relevant to you.

Seems to me you're lazy to go through the list that was typed by someone that obviously took a long time and you want something handed to you on a silver platter that is directly relevant to you solely. that's my 2 cents
/popcorn

Reactions: cmarshack
Reactions: aerodyne and Mwolfe
So I have an RN11442 ordered on January 28, 2021 and I still don’t have the car but today I got a call from Tesla asking me if I’d be willing to take a 2021 model year at a $4800 discount.
That’s a good chunk on top of the pre price increase. They said the battery had been replaced. I said but it doesn’t have new horn hardware, charging door, headlights, taillights, pre wiring for ambient lighting. He minimized all that and then was surprised I knew about of that.
I’m gonna wait. I’m not rich but I hope
to own the car a while so I want the latest greatest.

So I have an RN11442 ordered on January 28, 2021 and I still don’t have the car but today I got a call from Tesla asking me if I’d be willing to take a 2021 model year at a $4800 discount.
That’s a good chunk on top of the pre price increase. They said the battery had been replaced. I said but it doesn’t have new horn hardware, charging door, headlights, taillights, pre wiring for ambient lighting. He minimized all that and then was surprised I knew about of that.
I’m gonna wait. I’m not rich but I hope
to own the car a while so I want the latest greatest.

For sure the right move. Even though Tesla doesn't do traditional model years, a 1 year old model year is worth more than a $4.8k discount even if the list you provided above didn't exist.

I have the same exact config and located in Bay Area. Only that mine is a Nov order. Hopefully soon.
Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 3.23.25 PM.png

Same here, I ordered back in June 2021, they matched me back in January NF464 with less than 2 days noticed so I passed. Removed hold yesterday and now I'm at 3/12-21 for delivery at Fremont. Hoping for a 473+ VIN!

View attachment 779278

Same here, I ordered back in June 2021, they matched me back in January NF464 with less than 2 days noticed so I passed. Removed hold yesterday and now I'm at 3/12-21 for delivery at Fremont. Hoping for a 473+ VIN!
VIN assigned right now!! 4733xx
March04th built date. Mostly new lights. Right?
Should I be concerned that it was built 6 days earlier?