Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I e-mailed my SA to say I expected the car to have all seasons and asked for the born date. He said it was born March 8th and has all seasons.

Based on this thread, it seems like 100% of the time they say it has all seasons it shows up with summer tires. But atleast I now have that in writing.
I did not ask, but my car delivered in MI had summer tires. I did not notice at delivery, but did when I was taking pictures to post on TMC🤣. After 24hrs and 4 requests, they will swap for all seasons at no cost. I’m really glad the weather is mild right now. 1 person told me ‘it’s a performance car and that is why it has summer tires’

Hi, I took delivery of my Tesla Model S LR (VIN 4732xx), in SF Bay Area. My EDD was in July and then all of a sudden i got a VIN and a delivery date a few days later. I wasn’t expecting the car so soon but I definitely won’t complain :) I was worried about quality issues but the car is in great shape. I saw a lot of complaints about quality so I thought I would share my mostly positive experience here to reassure some people. The only odd thing is that the car was delivered without floor/bottom covers in the trunk. It looks super weird without it so I asked the delivery person. They told me that Model S doesn’t come with trunk covers and that I would need to buy after market if I need them. I don’t think that can be true though so I filed a ticket with service.

Reactions: howdidIgethere
Hi, I took delivery of my Tesla Model S LR (VIN 4732xx), in SF Bay Area. My EDD was in July and then all of a sudden i got a VIN and a delivery date a few days later. I wasn’t expecting the car so soon but I definitely won’t complain :) I was worried about quality issues but the car is in great shape. I saw a lot of complaints about quality so I thought I would share my mostly positive experience here to reassure some people. The only odd thing is that the car was delivered without floor/bottom covers in the trunk. It looks super weird without it so I asked the delivery person. They told me that Model S doesn’t come with trunk covers and that I would need to buy after market if I need them. I don’t think that can be true though so I filed a ticket with service.
What do you mean without floor bottoms covers? You mean like the rubber trunk all weather mats?

I’m pretty sure they should come with them. I’d call the general support number or just put in a service ticket and they can mail them.

If they don’t come with them, that’s a brand new change. They historically have always come with those covers and parcel shelf.

It should come with the trunk floor board, privacy cover for the trunk, carpet floor mats, and license plate frames. Also 2 key fobs and 2 cards. Sounds like your SA isn't worth dealing with. Submitting a ticket is the best route.

This morning I moved from March 14-31 to March 15-29. Monkey or some movement? We will see.
Here's to yours not having as many issues as mine :) back at service again

Attachments

• PXL_20220311_132925940.jpg
    PXL_20220311_132925940.jpg
    596.3 KB · Views: 75
Here's to yours not having as many issues as mine :) back at service again
Sorry to hear that. I am hoping you and a few others here (William G for example) are the exceptions and not the norm. I have 111K miles on my '17 MS and it has never broken down. The only time in the shop more than a day was when I complained the AC was intermittently blowing warm air and it took three days for parts. Otherwise it has been great.

Reactions: doubleshot
Sorry to hear that. I am hoping you and a few others here (William G for example) are the exceptions and not the norm. I have 111K miles on my '17 MS and it has never broken down. The only time in the shop more than a day was when I complained the AC was intermittently blowing warm air and it took three days for parts. Otherwise it has been great.
With as many out there. There's only a few of us having recurring issues for sure. Prob just my luck ha :) I finally got to 2200 miles and then this happens right before a drive down to Valdosta I really don't want to take my Jeep down for. Hopefully this is an easy fix for them but not holding my breath ...

I’m getting cold feet. Delivery due on the 19th and so disappointed to hear the refresh still has the vibrating shaft issues that pre-refresh has. A problem Tesla NEVER resolved on pre refresh.

My Model X Raven has the vibration issue. I keep it on low and chill mode. It avoids most of it. But now I’m burning out the inside of all 8 tires (winter and summer). Only fix is to get adjustable links to fix camber. I figured to avoid all that I’ll just trade it for a refresh S. I really don’t want to be doing custom mods. Then fight with them if I have some other issue with suspension.

Now the refresh has EXACTLY the same problem. Folks kept saying it’s not the same, not the same. It is the same issue. Not only do you need to run it on low. You need to lower it even more. Putting the car at more risk from a road debris hit to the battery. I also need clearance for snow on my private gravel road in NH.

People are dreaming Tesla is gonna fix this. They have not in 6 years. Some people claim theirs got fixed. Maybe they occasionally luck out on tolerance but Tesla service will tell you, you must keep the car on LOW (not normal height) and that will burn the inside of your tires out unless you get adjustable links. Then they will void your warranty on your suspension. Not sure what low or modified lower does to ride comfort, but there is a whole thread of complaints on ride comfort too.

• Informative
Reactions: chrisdh79
I’m getting cold feet. Delivery due on the 19th and so disappointed to hear the refresh still has the vibrating shaft issues that pre-refresh has. A problem Tesla NEVER resolved on pre refresh.

My Model X Raven has the vibration issue. I keep it on low and chill mode. It avoids most of it. But now I’m burning out the inside of all 8 tires (winter and summer). Only fix is to get adjustable links to fix camber. I figured to avoid all that I’ll just trade it for a refresh S. I really don’t want to be doing custom mods. Then fight with them if I have some other issue with suspension.

Now the refresh has EXACTLY the same problem. Folks kept saying it’s not the same, not the same. It is the same issue. Not only do you need to run it on low. You need to lower it even more. Putting the car at more risk from a road debris hit to the battery. I also need clearance for snow on my private gravel road in NH.

People are dreaming Tesla is gonna fix this. They have not in 6 years. Some people claim theirs got fixed. Maybe they occasionally luck out on tolerance but Tesla service will tell you, you must keep the car on LOW (not normal height) and that will burn the inside of your tires out unless you get adjustable links. Then they will void your warranty on your suspension. Not sure what low or modified lower does to ride comfort, but there is a whole thread of complaints on ride comfort too.
Haven't heard of this as a big issue, do any new owners other than mswlogo want to chime in?

Haven't heard of this as a big issue, do any new owners other than mswlogo want to chime in?
I did have a vibration problem with my 2020 MSLR/Raven. Under heavy acceleration, at all ride heights, I'd get a rattling/clicking sound from the drive unit. It was pretty annoying, though it didn't actually impact the way the car drove. It just didn't sound good when I'd punch it to show off my Tesla's speed to people riding with me. Tesla replaced my Half Shafts, which did quiet it down a bit, but didn't completely eliminate it.

So far, I have not experienced this problem with my 2022 MSLR (pre-refresh-refresh). From what I've read from those who are experiencing it on their newer cars, it seems like a very different problem than the one I had on my old MS. It didn't keep me from ordering a new MSLR, and I'm happy it hasn't been a problem at all for me so far.