Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You definitely need to shop around other possibilities to sell your car. You might be leaving as much as $10k on the table by giving it to Tesla instead of Carvana or similar. For my 2020 M3P, I sold it to Carvana for over $50k but Tesla would only give me $42k.
I'm in kinda a weird place with the 3. I just picked it up in Feb, so less than 2 months old and only ~1k miles. I was supposed to pick it up last Dec and the S had July EDD when I ordered so I thought I'd have at least 7 or 8 months between. Apparently whatever dart board Tesla uses for delivery had other plans though.

Now I have roughly 10 days to sell, and get the money deposited to my account, before I need to pick up the S. Also, the Model 3 is my only car so I'd need a rental for some days since where I live Uber/Lyft aren't a good option. I did check carvana and they were $45kish. Carmax wants me to bring the car in for them to look at, Vroom said they'd send me an offer but haven't yet so I dunno there. I know there are others but not sure on timing of all of this. Will see what Tesla has to say, but if they're within $2k of Carvana it's a break even because of the tax savings.

I'm in kinda a weird place with the 3. I just picked it up in Feb, so less than 2 months old and only ~1k miles. I was supposed to pick it up last Dec and the S had July EDD when I ordered so I thought I'd have at least 7 or 8 months between. Apparently whatever dart board Tesla uses for delivery had other plans though.

Now I have roughly 10 days to sell, and get the money deposited to my account, before I need to pick up the S. Also, the Model 3 is my only car so I'd need a rental for some days since where I live Uber/Lyft aren't a good option. I did check carvana and they were $45kish. Carmax wants me to bring the car in for them to look at, Vroom said they'd send me an offer but haven't yet so I dunno there. I know there are others but not sure on timing of all of this. Will see what Tesla has to say, but if they're within $2k of Carvana it's a break even because of the tax savings.
it sounds awesome that 1) you get to enjoy 3 and then S, and 2) turns out getting M3 was a good investment since it gives you pretty nice RoR, perfect scenario!

Picked up my MSLR Saturday and so far so great. No issues with anything noted. The range between my 2019 M3P and this is night and day. I loved my M3P, but this is for sure an upgrade!
I drove the M3P yesterday back to back with my new MS and I was very surprised at how much more power the MS had, by the numbers they are reasonably close performance wise. In everyday real world driving the MS has a lot more usable power. I also love the air suspension. Stereo might be a wash or slightly better it’s good, but I’m used to the B&O in the BMW which was great.

Reactions: EightYears
Model s price just increased another 5k and is now pretty much 100k starting for the long range and another 5k increased for the plaid
3C77B101-2272-43A3-BB77-FD17CCBB71B2.jpeg
A73E761B-85AB-4105-A458-334BB238ECF2.jpeg

This is my order and a screen shot for a new order. Weird if I actually get this car I’ll have $20k in equity.

Just spoke with a Tesla rep. He assured me I’d have the car by the end of the month RN1151 B/B 19 NO FSD and No vin. So let’s see :). EDD still shows 17-31
I got that assurance on December 20 that’s when I reapplied for financing based on that promise that I have at the end of the month. Two days later they moved me to January, then February, then March, then May and now I’m back to March. Don’t believe it till you have a Vin number.

I’ve got the same config, ordered in august and located in Seattle WA. My EDD is 3/19-3/31; thinking if we can get that last day of the range to move up then we’re less of an EOQ push and more of an incoming vin 😄
It will be a nail biter. I added the chrome VIN checker but I think that is making me more anxious. I saw a CO guy on Facebook today with the same EDD spread. Different build but I thought the same state could be good. I hope it is worth it. 🤞

• Funny
Reactions: chrisdh79
After receiving a VIN Sunday afternoon, I submitted insurance info first thing Monday morning. I expected to get a quick delivery schedule appointment text but after 7 hours I lost patience. Sent a text to the Tesla number I have (I don't have a SA - the same number that texts me updates about my car) and within 30 minutes I got a text to schedule my delivery.

Picking up Saturday and couldn't be more excited, although I'll have to buy gas one more time before then for the current ice car...
I had just filled the tank in the car I was turning in thinking I had another 3 weeks or so before delivery based on edd. I got my text with the vin and delivery date of it's here now, come and get it today if you like, on the way home from the gas station. They didn't assign the vin until the day it arrived at the delivery center. It had been built 3 weeks earlier. Nothing ever appeared in my app or in the HTML code. It was 3 days before I could get it. 1 1/2 months and 2500 miles later, I'm still totally crazy about it.

Last edited:
Tesla just changed out my 19 inch Pirelli Summer Tires for the Continental All-Seasons (at no charge), and they asked me if I'd like to keep the Pirelli's. I said, "Sure!," though I really don't have any specific use for them. They have around 300 miles of usage, and are actually really nice tires. Just not very useful here in Nebraska for year-round driving. I considered getting a new set of rims to mount them on for summer use, but I'm not sure that would be very useful.

Anyone interested in a very lightly used set of 19 inch Pirelli's at a great price? I've shipped tires before without any problem.

Reactions: VikH and EightYears