Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Tesla just texted me this with my EDD still staying in the 3/17 - 3/31 range so…. there’s hope maybe?

View attachment 781906
Just got the same text!

On a separate note, did anybody notice that Model S Lokg Range now shows as having 375 miles or range? I believe it used to be 400+? What gives?

Attachments

• 3A0A864F-A33A-46EA-89D8-510F20E8A297.jpeg
    3A0A864F-A33A-46EA-89D8-510F20E8A297.jpeg
    335.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Disagree
Reactions: Mwolfe and mswlogo
dad
So Tesla just texted me this with my EDD still staying in the 3/17 - 3/31 range so…. there’s hope maybe?

View attachment 781906
Well that’s interesting regarding my Jan 28th 2021 order
reservation number RN11442 someone from Tesla also sent me the same message. This came in at 7:11 PM. I wonder if this is being sent to people with old reservation numbers or just any reservation number and also what time they got this message.

Reactions: Mwolfe
Tesla just increased the base price of the Model S by another $5000. Combine this with the three previous $5k increases after we ordered our S in May 2021, plus the $2k increase for FSD, plus additional miscellaneous increases, and it all adds up to $23,600 more than what I paid for my S when I took delivery in Jan 2022. Amazing. Never in my life have I purchased a new car that gained value after I bought it. And I don't have to worry about gas prices ever again, as we no longer have an ICE vehicle in the family ( we also have a 2020 Model 3 ).

My wife and I love our new S, but I really wonder if we would have ordered the same car at a price of almost $120k, compared to the $96k we paid. Our budget for the vehicle was $100k, so I kind of doubt we would have ordered the car with the new pricing. Damn, we got lucky.

Tesla just increased the base price of the Model S by another $5000. Combine this with the three previous $5k increases after we ordered our S in May 2021, plus the $2k increase for FSD, plus additional miscellaneous increases, and it all adds up to $23,600 more than what I paid for my S when I took delivery in Jan 2022. Amazing. Never in my life have I purchased a new car that gained value after I bought it. And I don't have to worry about gas prices ever again, as we no longer have an ICE vehicle in the family ( we also have a 2020 Model 3 ).

My wife and I love our new S, but I really wonder if we would have ordered the same car at a price of almost $120k, compared to the $96k we paid. Our budget for the vehicle was $100k, so I kind of doubt we would have ordered the car with the new pricing. Damn, we got lucky.
I wouldn’t have bought one at todays prices.
Tesla is increasing prices partially because of inflation but mosty from demand. I predict price drops on model 3 and Y down the road but the S and X will remain high for a while.

Took a trip yesterday with my wife to the Pindar winery on Long Island. I like their wine, it's a nice place, and they have a free Tesla destination charger that is 48 amps at 256 volts. Showed a charge rate of 49 miles per hour. I told them the Tesla charger was a big part of my choosing their establishment vs the many other wineries in the area. We stayed for a few hours, enjoying the wine, cheese and scenery and recovered all the power it took to get there for free.

Bonus, I changed my camera settings to jpeg to share a few pictures of my new model S, which I have named C-57D. Extra points will be awarded to those who get the reference without having to look it up.
Once I get a chance, I will try to get a few more artsy shots posted here.

Attachments

• 20220316_145429.jpg
    20220316_145429.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 20220316_145500.jpg
    20220316_145500.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 85
I drove the M3P yesterday back to back with my new MS and I was very surprised at how much more power the MS had, by the numbers they are reasonably close performance wise. In everyday real world driving the MS has a lot more usable power. I also love the air suspension. Stereo might be a wash or slightly better it’s good, but I’m used to the B&O in the BMW which was great.
To 60 it is pretty close, but after 60 the MSLR is much faster hands down! I love this rocket. Then when you want to put the range increase on top of it, if you can afford it, the MS is so far superior. The M3P is still a great car though.