Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If your car is already in the factory and has completed inspection, and you have your payment ready, they should have no issues delivering it. You might need to wait for them to clean it up but I think it's the inspection that needs to be completed. No harm in asking. I have heard people getting a day early delivery after request.
I texted and they said they have no delivery appointments available today, not sure if I should bother just showing up there. its pretty close to my house.

but yes it arrived last night, unsure if its been inspected.

I texted and they said they have no delivery appointments available today, not sure if I should bother just showing up there. its pretty close to my house.

but yes it arrived last night, unsure if its been inspected.
It's a bit weird that they require appointments since at least in the Fremont factory, you drop by, give your check if not already paid, accept delivery on app, get the keys and get your car. I didn't have anyone help me get into the car.

That would make the monkey mad.o_O
And speaking of Monkeys, I wonder if checking EDD on app makes the date extend? Sort of like checking flights on the same browser "magically" make the price go up? 🤔

Speaking of the same, my EDD just pushed out again to May 21 - July 2 :( - RN11576, Model SLR/White/Cream/19"/No FSD. @chrisdh79 - have you encountered a similar shove?

• Informative
Reactions: JakesterMcZap
And speaking of Monkeys, I wonder if checking EDD on app makes the date extend? Sort of like checking flights on the same browser "magically" make the price go up? 🤔

Speaking of the same, my EDD just pushed out again to May 21 - July 2 :( - RN11576, Model SLR/White/Cream/19"/No FSD. @chrisdh79 - have you encountered a similar shove?
Been showing the same April date for 2 weeks. Who knows. If our theory is correct, east coast gets priority during the first half of the month, so we’ll see!
47094F52-7E12-4900-9B5E-8617E011BECB.jpeg

Lord I hope not. If that's the case I'm looking at 2025😂

Picked it up and worth the wait! Delayed delivery was due to missing interior trim pieces they were able to get installed quickly. Looks great overall, only one minor paint issue near wheel well. Very happy with the fit/finish. Great pickup experience in Dublin.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 10.13.57 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 10.13.57 PM.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3620.jpg
    IMG_3620.jpg
    777.3 KB · Views: 86
There is one area the MS is far inferior to the M3P or any Tesla with radar Autopilot. Any 2 lane road that semi's or others travel and highways. Autopilot in the MS is almost worthless in the MS with how it currently works and where and how I drive. It is also one of the things I really like about the M3P, I am hopeful this changes soon since the 3 and Y have been using Vision only for awhile now.
Interesting...As of yet I havent noticed that. I was one of the last S's with the radar. I have had no issues as of yet with this. My wifes MYLR with the purevision on the other hand sux! I am going to keep my eye out for this.

Reactions: aerodyne
There is one area the MS is far inferior to the M3P or any Tesla with radar Autopilot. Any 2 lane road that semi's or others travel and highways. Autopilot in the MS is almost worthless in the MS with how it currently works and where and how I drive. It is also one of the things I really like about the M3P, I am hopeful this changes soon since the 3 and Y have been using Vision only for awhile now.
On edit: my MS does not have radar and is vision only autopilot. I really like the updated headlights and taillights, but this horrible “updated” autopilot makes we really want the radar autopilot

On edit: my MS does not have radar and is vision only autopilot. I really like the updated headlights and taillights, but this horrible “updated” autopilot makes we really want the radar autopilot
I REALLY wanted the new lights but if I thought there was ANY chance they would keep the radar in the software long term, I would have accepted the first Vin they offered me with the old lights. I expect even those with the radar physically included, will be moved over to vision only soon.

They aren't going to want to continue to program two different versions. In fact, I am seeing more and more anecdotal notes / complaints from those WITH radar saying things that make me wonder if the deprecation hasn't already started....

I really am afraid this vision only approach will be a deal breaker for me. My two favorite features of my last few vehicles have been the amazing (radar) adaptive cruise and CarPlay....

I know the Tesla brings a lot of new features and functions and hope they are enough to offset those losses. Also, those with the FSD beta indicate the other auto pilot features work much better as well so MAYBE they have already made some improvements and just not pushed them to the main software stack....

I will give it a fair shot and wont give up too easily, but I imagine many of the other features will start to lose their sparkle overtime and if highway auto pilot isn't reliable, I will cut my losses and move on.

Last edited: