Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my car in for service today to swap the summer tires for all season tires. I asked if they could update to the latest software. I was informed it had “factory” software and will update once a new software update is released.
I had the same response when my new MLSR was in for the tire swap... Something about my car being on an initial "Island..." Did they let you keep your summer tires, @Mwolfe?

I had the same response when my new MLSR was in for the tire swap... Something about my car being on an initial "Island..." Did they let you keep your summer tires, @Mwolfe?
I asked to keep the summer tires and that I would "dispose" of them. They said no, I was not allowed to keep them. The weather is 40 degrees and rainy which may be the reason the grip is noticeably less. The car does drive with less grip on these all seasons. I actually slid coming to a stop at a light on a hill (road was crap too).

I
I’m in the Boston area and ordered my car last June with EDD in October 2021 and RN 1151xxx. It bounced around a lot, back and forth. Now the EDD is in the May-June timeframe.

Sidenote- Ordering the same vehicle today would cost 20k more. I ordered with FSD when it is at 10k so really there could be a full 30k difference in price as delivered by Tesla if I remove that option. I’ve been curious (but not so curious as to actually find out) what the resell value of a new Model S LR is in my configuration.
In the same boat here, RN1152, bounced back to Aug- Oct without any warning

Reactions: chrisdh79
I

In the same boat here, RN1152, bounced back to Aug- Oct without any warning
I accepted a MSLR with the older lights in early March simply to get this long wait over with. My car was built on Feb 9th, just a few days before the changeover. I'm happy with the car and don't regret accepting it when I did, especially when I see major EDD pushbacks like this! That's what I feared would happen if I rejected it.

Still on software version 2021.43.201, the one I got when I took delivery on 2/20/2022.. Set to 'Advance" for software updates and have very good wifi coverage. Of course, no idea why no updates yet and do have FSD on this car In my prev Teslas I used to get updates within a day it is released.
My 3/4/2022 delivery was updated to 2022.8.2 yesterday. I changed the update option to 'Advance' before leaving the SC parking lot, to no apparent effect. Then, a couple of days ago, I just mashed that option back and forth several times. I have no idea whether that triggered the update, but it's worth a try -- and strangely satisfying.

Reactions: bhakan
You get a window to schedule pick up. I would pick the last day. Once the car arrives at the service center, drop by and do the exterior inspection. Apply for credit. My M3 was in transit, and then the Vin disappeared the day it was supposed to arrive at the service center. The forms here, speculated the vehicle was probably reassigned to another buyer. The next vehicle had to be unmatched, as it needed bodywork. I eventually gave up and just waited until I could physically see the vehicle myself.
Did you go after hours?

well it's been good all. i haven't posted here but have been religiously refreshing this thread multiple times a day. RN1164 ordered 1/28/22. Tesla called today to match me with a 2021 VIN that they said had to be repaired. They said the repair was worth $6k and they offered $5k off my original MVOP. I took it as I am in real need of a car and couldn't wait for my original reservation of a 2022. Of course I will be giving it a more rigorous inspection given the circumstance. I was told I could reject and be placed back was I was in line. 16 miles on the ODO...

well it's been good all. i haven't posted here but have been religiously refreshing this thread multiple times a day. RN1164 ordered 1/28/22. Tesla called today to match me with a 2021 VIN that they said had to be repaired. They said the repair was worth $6k and they offered $5k off my original MVOP. I took it as I am in real need of a car and couldn't wait for my original reservation of a 2022. Of course I will be giving it a more rigorous inspection given the circumstance. I was told I could reject and be placed back was I was in line. 16 miles on the ODO...
I think you'll be okay. I'm sure they will do what's needed to make you happy in the 2021. Considering your location and need, it seems like the best decision. What MFxxx is it?

Well this sounds like a milestone worth noting. Just to be clear you’re getting a refresh Tesla Model S in Germany? If so you’re probably the first international delivery

Well this sounds like a milestone worth noting. Just to be clear you’re getting a refresh Tesla Model S in Germany? If so you’re probably the first international delivery
No I was an expat for many many years over there but now am in Bay Area. But after all the ups and downs (not as many as some of you!) i'm glad to have the matter settled. This is actually a vehicle i'm planning to trade in for my Jan 2023 Model X reservation :)

Reactions: DermMD
I accepted a MSLR with the older lights in early March simply to get this long wait over with. My car was built on Feb 9th, just a few days before the changeover. I'm happy with the car and don't regret accepting it when I did, especially when I see major EDD pushbacks like this! That's what I feared would happen if I rejected it.
honestly i would take that offer if it was presented to me...