Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RN 1152. Just changed from Apr 4th - 25th, to May 25- July 06. Which is where it was about a week or two ago.

Super frustrating because Tesla just called me two days ago to ask if I still wanted to trade in a vehicle and told me I was slotted for April; which is the first communication I've had since I ordered last June.
I’m RN1151 having ordered June 2021 and have had no changes in my May 9-June 6 delivery date since the last bump in January. At that time the EOD was in late February, got pushed to early February, and then moved to the current May-June timeframe.

Seems like East coast orders should see some traction hopefully in this new q starting tomorrow 🤞

Mines a Nov 2021 order RN1161...
Red with Cream interior
19s
No FSD

Had a car matched to me at the end of Jan 2022. Surprisingly my Tesla account was still showing May 2022 but I received a text message stating my car will be delivered at the Sales centre on the last Fri in Jan.

I declined as I wanted to take a chance with the new headlights and taillights - but took on the added risk of the luxury tax on cars above 100K in Canada. So an extra 10 to 12k CAD on top of what I paid so far. Its a proposed law, hasnt been passed yet... could happen in the next couple months. 🤞

Reactions: chrisdh79
Got a tip that the Vallejo, Ca show room had my trim so I gave them a call, ended up getting a blk/blk w/ 19s delivered to my house today! So far the car is beautiful. Yea I’m missing these items..

Floor mats
Rear trunk privacy shelf
Large rear trunk cargo cover
Small rear trunk cargo cover (left side)

Hoping I can goto the Sunnyvale service center tomorrow and that they’ll have them. Those of you that were missing these items, what did you do?

Picked up from the factory today. It was bit of a whirlwind tho - said my car was ready at 230pm so proceeded to Uber there. Half way there and another text saying car isn't ready and will be ready later. Decided to just go anyways and waited for an hour and was finally ready.

Car overall is well done. A few things here including missing rear privacy and lower cover, which I'll go to a service center to try and get. Other things included a small knick on center console, frunk not easy to close, and the worm on yoke. No panel gaps that I can tell and happy with it overall.

20220331_163611.jpg

Got a tip that the Vallejo, Ca show room had my trim so I gave them a call, ended up getting a blk/blk w/ 19s delivered to my house today! So far the car is beautiful. Yea I’m missing these items..

Floor mats
Rear trunk privacy shelf
Large rear trunk cargo cover
Small rear trunk cargo cover (left side)

Hoping I can goto the Sunnyvale service center tomorrow and that they’ll have them. Those of you that were missing these items, what did you do?
Congratulations and I hope you love the car. How did you get the tip? I have the same config and ordered last April..

Going through the posts here at EOQ solidifies that Tesla only wants to sell units at their current price. Those of us who ordered before the price increases get the scraps to move stock when it's convenient. After reading posts in the "RN1149 and earlier, still waiting group!", my thought process about ordering changed.
My MS LR order from June enters EDD tomorrow. I can say my hopes are muted by what I've read here the last few months.
Since placing a MS Plaid order about three weeks ago, I've been offered two cars in the last two days. One was a match, but I'd have to drive 12 hours, the other was a 2021 MSM/Black with 21's. I texted back the 21's were a deal breaker for me. As was it not being a Refresh/Refresh, but that wasn't in my return text. They called back saying they could work around the 21's. I told them I just wasn't interested in a 2021, even with the $11,000 discount. They hung up on me. I felt better afterwards.
That text came through at 7 O'clock and the call back a half hour later. I guess they got pretty far down the waiting list to offer it to me.
I think my backup plan to order the Plaid will eventually be what comes along first, even though it's Pre-price increase. We'll see. This order process from Tesla will keep me from ordering again in the future if not changed.

Going through the posts here at EOQ solidifies that Tesla only wants to sell units at their current price. Those of us who ordered before the price increases get the scraps to move stock when it's convenient. After reading posts in the "RN1149 and earlier, still waiting group!", my thought process about ordering changed.
My MS LR order from June enters EDD tomorrow. I can say my hopes are muted by what I've read here the last few months.
Since placing a MS Plaid order about three weeks ago, I've been offered two cars in the last two days. One was a match, but I'd have to drive 12 hours, the other was a 2021 MSM/Black with 21's. I texted back the 21's were a deal breaker for me. As was it not being a Refresh/Refresh, but that wasn't in my return text. They called back saying they could work around the 21's. I told them I just wasn't interested in a 2021, even with the $11,000 discount. They hung up on me. I felt better afterwards.
That text came through at 7 O'clock and the call back a half hour later. I guess they got pretty far down the waiting list to offer it to me.
I think my backup plan to order the Plaid will eventually be what comes along first, even though it's Pre-price increase. We'll see. This order process from Tesla will keep me from ordering again in the future if not changed.
I agree it is becoming more and more evident that our priority is extremely low. Which is BS. I didn’t ask from them to not deliver my car when they said they would and then jack up the price over and over again. None of this would be an issue if they just delivered my car in the window or even close to the window they originally said.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
The argument you espouse here has manifested in different forms on this forum. This has been argued 'ad nauseum' and I'd rather not rehash it. I have also followed this and the other delivery thread with lots of interest but disagree with your conclusion. In the end Tesla potentially loses you as a future customer and Tesla will still not be able to satisfy its demand. I also wish I could get a car in three weeks like the fellow above (or in the other thread) but reality is that I'm as far as one can ever get within the continental US from Fremont. In the end Tesla has to run a business.

The argument you espouse here has manifested in different forms on this forum. This has been argued 'ad nauseum' and I'd rather not rehash it. I have also followed this and the other delivery thread with lots of interest but disagree with your conclusion. In the end Tesla potentially loses you as a future customer and Tesla will still not be able to satisfy its demand. I also wish I could get a car in three weeks like the fellow above (or in the other thread) but reality is that I'm as far as one can ever get within the continental US from Fremont. In the end Tesla has to run a business.
I agree with you 100%. Tesla has to run a business and make profits rise. It's the nature of the beast and as a stockholder, I'm on board with it.
As a customer, my feelings are if any other corporation treated me in this manner, I'd never do business with them again.
I truly feel that Tesla is helping itself short term now, but in the long term when there are going to be actual viable alternatives to consider? Who's going to want to go through this? That bothers me as a stock holder more so than a customer. I don't think it's anything malicious on Tesla's behalf. More so low hanging fruit for them if anything.

I agree with you 100%. Tesla has to run a business and make profits rise. It's the nature of the beast and as a stockholder, I'm on board with it.
As a customer, my feelings are if any other corporation treated me in this manner, I'd never do business with them again.
I truly feel that Tesla is helping itself short term now, but in the long term when there are going to be actual viable alternatives to consider? Who's going to want to go through this? That bothers me as a stock holder more so than a customer. I don't think it's anything malicious on Tesla's behalf. More so low hanging fruit for them if anything.
There goes. We agree on the big picture. One's views evolve with time as they must. About a year ago I wrote that Tesla would fail once there was sufficient competition. That was because they kept my Model S at service for more than a month with extremely poor communication. Tesla is still very bad at customer service. They will learn to do better as they must. It is taking them a very long time to but you and I as investors must wish them well. I think now that EOQ push is really just the West Coast it is a step towards improving this whole delivery process. It has to and will improve with time.

Call Tesla 800 number on their website and choose appropriate option. Any actual person who answers the phone will open up your page for you to complete financing info and decision from Tesla will be almost immediate. Although not financed yet I'd also try to talk directly to Tesla financing which may come up as Tesla leasing option on the phone tree. I can't quite remember. Those folks always answer their extension. If they can't do it themselves they will at least transfer you to an actual person.
Tesla has a 800 number?

I’m RN1151 having ordered June 2021 and have had no changes in my May 9-June 6 delivery date since the last bump in January. At that time the EOD was in late February, got pushed to early February, and then moved to the current May-June timeframe.
Barring all the dates they fed me from 09/21 til 2022 dates, that's basically how mine has run. When it jumped back to April coupled with the call I couldn't help but get my hopes up.