Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered in November - MSLR Black/Black 21 inch no FSD - Data was April 7-April 28th or something now its April 28th - May 18th. Very weird how these dates work.... no rhyme or reason
Agreed, and sadly that is why many of us have VERY LONG signatures :( I am similar, but ordered early Oct (RN1157). It "looks" like we are now seeing Q2 builds being fulfilled on the east cost, and I wish you the best!

Reactions: chrisdh79
For you all currently waiting and paying more attention to the delivery dates I am wondering whats the average delivery been? My intent was to order at the end of the year knowing I would wait around 6 months but reading some of the earlier pages it seems like 6+ months is more common so I need to place my order soon.

My M3P is still serving me fine but just curious, trying to plan out ordering and selling etc etc

Anyone have any insight to this….
Had my VIN for a few weeks. EDD 4/22-4/28. Today the EDD is now listed as TBD. Haven’t heard from any SA yet. Curious if it’s likely to just get pushed out again or likely inevitable contact to set final date and time. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Scody88
Had my VIN for a few weeks. EDD 4/22-4/28. Today the EDD is now listed as TBD. Haven’t heard from any SA yet. Curious if it’s likely to just get pushed out again or likely inevitable contact to set final date and time. Thanks in advance!
If you've been assigned a VIN, I'd give a call to Tesla. Getting the VIN is half the battle. A Tesla SA should be able to give you some clarity.

For you all currently waiting and paying more attention to the delivery dates I am wondering whats the average delivery been? My intent was to order at the end of the year knowing I would wait around 6 months but reading some of the earlier pages it seems like 6+ months is more common so I need to place my order soon.

My M3P is still serving me fine but just curious, trying to plan out ordering and selling etc etc
Based on my perspective. I would say expect an Average of 9 Months for Delivery of a LR S. some are longer some are shorter. There has been no clear evidence that production has been increasing yet for S/X models. When they do, delivery times should improve but I personally do not see that happening until sometime well into 2023. I am approaching 12 months and still no VIN.

Living
Based on my perspective. I would say expect an Average of 9 Months for Delivery of a LR S. some are longer some are shorter. There has been no clear evidence that production has been increasing yet for S/X models. When they do, delivery times should improve but I personally do not see that happening until sometime well into 2023. I am approaching 12 months and still no VIN.
It is totally dependent on where in the country you are. I ordered mine on March 8th and picked it up on April 4th without FSD, but Im in the Bay area.

I ordered in February, have FSD, and live in the Bay Area. My EDD is September - October. There is no logic to any of it.
Agreed, I have FSD, Bay Area and been waiting for almost a year and mine keeps getting pushed back (most recent was June-July). I finally settled for a 2021 MSLR VIN in my exact spec (fine with it since it has radar, but going to miss the new lights) and just waiting for it to get delivered to the nearest hub.

Yep, place it soon. My MSLR took 8 months for delivery with 16 EDD changes.

Same here. VIN assigned a month ago, now TBD. But my SA has communicated and confirmed VIN is on a damage hold at freemont. Transport keeps refusing the vehicle given the damage.

It is actually not. You may have just got INCREDIBLY lucky. Or there is more to the story.
Not really a lot to my story. I ordered in early March with a June-July delivery window for a white on black with the plaid wheels. The date changed to Sep-Oct, so I went to a location and asked why this happened and the rep said, actually you are set for an end of march delivery. When they mapped a Vin I saw that it was a pre feb build and asked them to map it to a March build, which they did but I changed the colour. This is my 4th delivery, so Im not sure if that changes anything but I doubt it.

Not really a lot to my story. I ordered in early March with a June-July delivery window for a white on black with the plaid wheels. The date changed to Sep-Oct, so I went to a location and asked why this happened and the rep said, actually you are set for an end of march delivery. When they mapped a Vin I saw that it was a pre feb build and asked them to map it to a March build, which they did but I changed the colour. This is my 4th delivery, so Im not sure if that changes anything but I doubt it.
Which location in Bay Area?