Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today. Info in sig. The process was crazy fast and barely involved any Tesla person. I saw the car when I pulled in and did a quick once-over. The only issue was a slight trunk misalignment on the passenger side which I didn't even bother them for - I can probably adjust that myself. Paid remainder on the app, signed a few papers and they sent me off and said enjoy the car. Opened the frunk, had the mobile connector. Also had all of the shelves, so I don't think anything was missing except the license plate frame. Glad I chose the blue color, it looks absolutely stunning in person. Kind of upset the embossed "TESLA" on the black bar on the back is no longer there. Obviously refresh-refresh, birthdate was 4/11/22. Was prompted for a software update (to 2022.12.3.1, came with 2022.3.102.1) almost immediately after I selected "Advanced" software updates. Did a full juice pedal in Insane mode and this thing is crazy fast. I can't imagine how the Plaid is.
She's a beaut. Same specs as my order. Can you share a pic of the back as I want to see what you're talking about re: No Tesla on the black bar on the back. Also I assumed the 19"'s were all seasons? That not the case?

Small update on mine. I actually called Tesla for the first time to see if there was any information outside of what my account says.

When I ordered my red MS LR October of last year it said June 2022. Between now and then it fluctuated many times, even moving to early April (which has obviously passed). Now it has been on "June 11 - July 23" for probably close to 2 months.

The lady on the phone told me a few things:
- It looks like mine will be delivered mid to late June.
- Red will likely come sooner since white/grey are most popular.
- They had 3 Plaids with damage available but at the current pricing structure. One was discounted only $480 due to a battery replacement. The other was discounted $11K but still at $138K or so (no FSD). The other I don't remember. Darn, I was hoping to move to a Plaid for close to $100K.
- Most of the SoCal deliveries are end of quarter (so that's why mid-late June) but early June she might have some options if I want to get it sooner. But we both said at that point it is so close to delivery anyway.
- She also noted my account didn't have the financing selected. I said I was told to keep it there until a delivery date was assigned. She said she will mark it as "cash" for now just in case it delays things. After she did that, my account page changed a little bit to show status of the next steps (all greyed out still).

So the original "June" estimate the day I ordered seemed to be pretty spot on.

Quick question for you all (maybe I should know the answer to this) - but do refreshed Model S's only come with summer tires?
MSLR's have the possibility of having either the Pirelli P Zero summer tires or the Continental Procontact RX all season tires. If you want one over the other upon delivery, some SC's with work with you and others won't.

The lady on the phone told me a few things:

- Red will likely come sooner since white/grey are most popular.
- They had 3 Plaids with damage available but at the current pricing structure. One was discounted only $480 due to a battery replacement. The other was discounted $11K but still at $138K or so (no FSD). The other I don't remember. Darn, I was hoping to move to a Plaid for close to $100K.

Why would red come sooner? If White/Gray are the most popular, aren't they making more of those?

Also be wary of the "damage disclosure" models. I'm trying to go down that route rn, since there can be significant savings - but I've been hearing conflicting info on whether the damage there will actually show up on CarFax and such or not, which'll have a notable impact on resale value.

SAs have told me, and I'm believing them, that since the damage occurred and was fixed entirely in house and that it wasn't an accident, it shouldn't/wouldn't be reported. But people here on TMC have reported that they've seen their Carfaxes show damage to the car, which screws them when it comes to resale.

Reactions: shamoo and kvityap
Happy to report I just drove the car home. Successful delivery with one hiccup that they had me in the schedule for tomorrow for some reason, so they had to pull the car out but did not take long.

Everything seems great with the car, 03/22 build date for NF4759. Nothing appears to be missing, have floor mats front and back, trunk floor and shelf, rear plate frame, mobile charger, thumb drive in glove box, two fobs and two cards. PZ4 elect summers on the 19s.

Only "flaw" I noticed while driving home is the windshield has some distortions in the area under the rear view mirror, very strange not something I've noticed in any of my cars before.

She's a beaut. Same specs as my order. Can you share a pic of the back as I want to see what you're talking about re: No Tesla on the black bar on the back. Also I assumed the 19"'s were all seasons? That not the case?
Pic attached (Please excuse the copious amounts of pollen...I wiped some off of the black bar just for the picture!). I swore I saw some refresh-refresh's have the embossed Tesla text logo on the back, but maybe I'm mistaken - mine doesn't. And apparently the all-seasons are a mix of random or regional.

Attachments

• IMG_5777.jpeg
    IMG_5777.jpeg
    419.1 KB · Views: 115
Just wanted to share some info I learned the other day for those that might be in my same situation. I ordered early Sept. RN1156. MSM LR 21” no FSD. Received VIN early this month with EDD 4/22-4/28. Suddenly EDD vanished and said TBD instead. Ultimately, I called yesterday to ask what was going on they essentially said it was sitting at the factory because of a huge shortage of truck drivers available for transport. Mentioned they are seeing cars sit at the factory on average 20 days up to 1.5months. No insight as to when they might find a truck for transport🤷🏻‍♂️ The waiting game continues.
I placed my order in September and received the delivery in mid February. But I am in CA. It is worth the wait especially when I was watching the price going up.

Reactions: chrisdh79
Took delivery Tuesday, first impressions and comparison to my 2017 75D:

- Absolutely love it, incredible car and worth the wait! Ordered almost 9 months ago, went through 10 EDD changes but in the end, car was delivered within the original EDD estimate

- Build quality was very good, better than expected after following this thread for so long. Only one minor trim misalignment with black trim on rear passenger door, not sure if it's worth fixing

- Yoke and turn signals were very easy to get used to

- Seems way quieter than my 75D. Noise reduction still calibrating, so should improve even more

- As expected, missing floor mats, load floor and privacy cargo cover in trunk area. I had already purchased the all-weather floor mats so no big deal. Placed a service request for the missing items as recommended in this forum (don't take the SC's word that they have ordered them already)

- Did come with the mobile charging kit (same as my 2017)

- Only thing I'm missing compared to my old 75D is the energy app (not sure if that's permanently gone) and the 'navigate on autopilot' capability that I had with my 2017 S 75D (I had it without FSD). I think you need FSD to have that feature now, but still researching

- Love the automatic brake hold when stopping, didn't have that with the last car

- I installed the mud flaps behind the front wheels before I drove it off the lot, highly recommend those to avoid damage to the paint in front of the back wheels

First road trip this weekend, driving from Pittsburgh to Cherry Hill NJ, should only need one 20-minute stop to charge. The 75D would have required 2 stops and an extra 45 minutes. Good luck to everyone waiting!
IMG_9991.jpg

- Only thing I'm missing compared to my old 75D is the energy app (not sure if that's permanently gone) and the 'navigate on autopilot' capability that I had with my 2017 S 75D (I had it without FSD). I think you need FSD to have that feature now, but still researching
The energy app / feature is in process of coming back....If you get the latest software version, you can activate it via voice command ("energy") and its expected to have a button for activation to return soon.

Yes, Navigate on autopilot now requires the FSD purchase.

Is it big enough to put our own letters on there aftermarket?
Pic attached (Please excuse the copious amounts of pollen...I wiped some off of the black bar just for the picture!). I swore I saw some refresh-refresh's have the embossed Tesla text logo on the back, but maybe I'm mistaken - mine doesn't. And apparently the all-seasons are a mix of random or regional.
Mine does. 2/22 production. I put Red stencil lettering on it Red on black looked nice.

Took delivery Tuesday, first impressions and comparison to my 2017 75D:

- Absolutely love it, incredible car and worth the wait! Ordered almost 9 months ago, went through 10 EDD changes but in the end, car was delivered within the original EDD estimate

- Build quality was very good, better than expected after following this thread for so long. Only one minor trim misalignment with black trim on rear passenger door, not sure if it's worth fixing

- Yoke and turn signals were very easy to get used to

- Seems way quieter than my 75D. Noise reduction still calibrating, so should improve even more

- As expected, missing floor mats, load floor and privacy cargo cover in trunk area. I had already purchased the all-weather floor mats so no big deal. Placed a service request for the missing items as recommended in this forum (don't take the SC's word that they have ordered them already)

- Did come with the mobile charging kit (same as my 2017)

- Love the automatic brake hold when stopping, didn't have that with the last car

- I installed the mud flaps behind the front wheels before I drove it off the lot, highly recommend those to avoid damage to the paint in front of the back wheels

First road trip this weekend, driving from Pittsburgh to Cherry Hill NJ, should only need one 20-minute stop to charge. The 75D would have required 2 stops and an extra 45 minutes. Good luck to everyone waiting!
View attachment 798574

Congrats on your new car. I received mine on Wed after almost 11 months, red LR with a white interior.

I agree that the build quality is quite good, the cabin is far quieter than the 2016 Model S 90D it replaced, and I was glad that the are still including mobile connectors. Missing is the trunk parcel shelf but I took delivery and have an appointment to get it in May.

Also, I was surprised that there was a black crossbar trim on the trunk, the same as prior to the matrix light upgrade. I thought this had been phased out but it seems I was mistaken or they brought it back. I prefer the black trim so I’m really happy with it.

Last edited:
Congrats on your new car. I received mine on Wed after almost 11 months, red LR with a white interior.

I agree that the build quality is quite good, the cabin is far quieter than the 2016 Model S 90D it replaced, and I was glad that the are still including mobile connectors. Missing is the trunk parcel shelf but I took delivery and have an appointment to get it in May.

Also, I was surprised that there was a black crossbar trim on the trunk, the same as prior to the matrix light upgrade. I thought this had been phased out but it seems I was mistaken or they brought it back. I prefer the black trim so I’m really happy with it.
I would assume you have the new Charging port / rear & front lights like in this vid. The bar is now black again for all colors, apparently that all red one that was going around was temporary or a test IDK.

Reactions: chrisdh79