Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats exactly what I was thinking. I wanted to put Red/Black letterings that abstract used to have but they're all gone now :(

Do you have pics? Would love to see the look!
1651265454573.png

Took delivery Tuesday, first impressions and comparison to my 2017 75D:

- Absolutely love it, incredible car and worth the wait! Ordered almost 9 months ago, went through 10 EDD changes but in the end, car was delivered within the original EDD estimate

- Build quality was very good, better than expected after following this thread for so long. Only one minor trim misalignment with black trim on rear passenger door, not sure if it's worth fixing

- Yoke and turn signals were very easy to get used to

- Seems way quieter than my 75D. Noise reduction still calibrating, so should improve even more

- As expected, missing floor mats, load floor and privacy cargo cover in trunk area. I had already purchased the all-weather floor mats so no big deal. Placed a service request for the missing items as recommended in this forum (don't take the SC's word that they have ordered them already)

- Did come with the mobile charging kit (same as my 2017)

- Only thing I'm missing compared to my old 75D is the energy app (not sure if that's permanently gone) and the 'navigate on autopilot' capability that I had with my 2017 S 75D (I had it without FSD). I think you need FSD to have that feature now, but still researching

- Love the automatic brake hold when stopping, didn't have that with the last car

- I installed the mud flaps behind the front wheels before I drove it off the lot, highly recommend those to avoid damage to the paint in front of the back wheels

First road trip this weekend, driving from Pittsburgh to Cherry Hill NJ, should only need one 20-minute stop to charge. The 75D would have required 2 stops and an extra 45 minutes. Good luck to everyone waiting!
View attachment 798574
Saw on a facebook group today the energy app is accessible but hitting the mic and saying open energy app

Pic attached (Please excuse the copious amounts of pollen...I wiped some off of the black bar just for the picture!). I swore I saw some refresh-refresh's have the embossed Tesla text logo on the back, but maybe I'm mistaken - mine doesn't. And apparently the all-seasons are a mix of random or regional.
My 2022refreshed MSLR does not have Tesla logo on the black bar on trunk, and my car came with all season tires with my 19” wheels.

Took delivery yesterday - all went well. Only issue was the trunk covers were missing. SA helped me put in a mobile service appointment on the app and those should be delivered to my home this coming week. The car did include both the mobile charger and 19" all season tires. [MSLR Black, RN1156 - ordered 9/2021 - Northeast].
I have a feeling Tesla decides the type of tire according to where you are. In NE where it may snow, you get all season and in SoCal, I get Summer tire?

I have a feeling Tesla decides the type of tire according to where you are. In NE where it may snow, you get all season and in SoCal, I get Summer tire?
Nope. I think they are normally all season in all locations and they have supply issues. I’m in NE and got summer. And I’m keeping them. Much nicer tire than the All Season ones and I plan to get snow tires any way.

Nope. I think they are normally all season in all locations and they have supply issues. I’m in NE and got summer. And I’m keeping them. Much nicer tire than the All Season ones and I plan to get snow tires any way.
Having lived in the North Shore of Boston for many years, I enjoyed AWD. I never even put on snow tires on my BMW iX and had no problem going thru the slush.

Having lived in the North Shore of Boston for many years, I enjoyed AWD. I never even put on snow tires on my BMW iX and had no problem going thru the slush.
I absolutely need snow tires, been running them for 30 years. I put them on the X a couple weeks late this past winter and thought I’d get away with it. OMG Huge mistake, Luckily I wasn’t in wreck. X had “all season continentals with good tread” for summer season.

I travel from Worcester county to Central NH often.

You DEFINITELY don’t want to run the PZ4 in winter. I think they should not be driven on below 42F.

I’d rather have 2WD with snow tires than AWD with all seasons.

The energy app / feature is in process of coming back....If you get the latest software version, you can activate it via voice command ("energy") and its expected to have a button for activation to return soon.

Yes, Navigate on autopilot now requires the FSD purchase.
Holy Hanna!. The energy command works. Several new buttons to explore in the displayed data while driving. Thanks for this, I hadn't seen any mention of it in any of the release notes or on the notateslaapp website. Maybe they'll allow it to display in the area in front of the yoke soon.....

The EDD is like the stock market, up one day and down another. It is such a moving target that the EDD is quite meaningless. A lot of times a VIN would be assigned ahead of EDD and everyone forgot the pain and anxiety of waiting.
Also getting a VIN is only half the battle. I'm still waiting to get mine moved from a service/showroom to a delivery center (gave up on a 2022 VIN and went with a 2021), but with the truck driver shortage, its been 2 weeks. I can go visit and see my car, but can't pick it up since there is nobody to PDI and sign off on paperwork at that location...