Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Leaving this here as a tip to others who are waiting for what seems like a longer than compared to others period of time.
My RN is 1154 and I saw plenty of people with higher RN's taking delivery while I, and even worse other people with lower RN's are still waiting.

1. I contacted Tesla Chat Support this week to find out who my SA is. (If you know who you're SA is, you can ignore this step obviously. I didn't know because I never heard from anyone since I ordered last year). Then I asked them if they can forward a request to the SA to call me, so I can actually talk to someone in person.

2. SA called the same day. First thing I did was getting his contact info (phone and email).

3. Then I explained the situation and asked him to see for himself in the forums here, that their automatic system doesn't make any sense... at all.

4. He then looked into my account and saw that on his end, MY ACCOUNT DIDN'T SHOW MY ORDER AS "Everything is done on my end". I explained that I did everything on my end, why that is? He then looked again, saw that I did everything I could do on my end and said, he doesn't understand why it still shows as not completed on his end, and he will do that for me now so my order will advance to the next step.

5. He then stated that me ordering the default configuration might also push me back, since it is the most ordered configuration.

6. Then I asked him, if I would lose my locked in pricing, if I change color or interior. He said no, I would just have to pay the upcharge from my original white exterior color to the new color or from the black interior to the white interior. I then told him, that I honestly don't care about the exterior color and I wouldn't mind white or black interior, as long as it's not the tan interior. As long as the car is a LR, 19" wheels and born after April, 22nd (refreshed refresh refresh) I take any car at this point.

7. He then said, that would make it a lot easier to get me a car and he will do his best to get me into a car asap.

Here's hoping!

Don't know if it will help anyone, but figured I should share it. Even if it only helps one of you.

Good luck and have a nice weekend!
Honestly looking at the used market I would have thought the white / tan were more popular than the black interior.

Leaving this here as a tip to others who are waiting for what seems like a longer than compared to others period of time.
My RN is 1154 and I saw plenty of people with higher RN's taking delivery while I, and even worse other people with lower RN's are still waiting.

1. I contacted Tesla Chat Support this week to find out who my SA is. (If you know who you're SA is, you can ignore this step obviously. I didn't know because I never heard from anyone since I ordered last year). Then I asked them if they can forward a request to the SA to call me, so I can actually talk to someone in person.

2. SA called the same day. First thing I did was getting his contact info (phone and email).

3. Then I explained the situation and asked him to see for himself in the forums here, that their automatic system doesn't make any sense... at all.

4. He then looked into my account and saw that on his end, MY ACCOUNT DIDN'T SHOW MY ORDER AS "Everything is done on my end". I explained that I did everything on my end, why that is? He then looked again, saw that I did everything I could do on my end and said, he doesn't understand why it still shows as not completed on his end, and he will do that for me now so my order will advance to the next step.

5. He then stated that me ordering the default configuration might also push me back, since it is the most ordered configuration.

6. Then I asked him, if I would lose my locked in pricing, if I change color or interior. He said no, I would just have to pay the upcharge from my original white exterior color to the new color or from the black interior to the white interior. I then told him, that I honestly don't care about the exterior color and I wouldn't mind white or black interior, as long as it's not the tan interior. As long as the car is a LR, 19" wheels and born after April, 22nd (refreshed refresh refresh) I take any car at this point.

7. He then said, that would make it a lot easier to get me a car and he will do his best to get me into a car asap.

Here's hoping!

Don't know if it will help anyone, but figured I should share it. Even if it only helps one of you.

In your case, perhaps a call to the Tesla ownership advisor would help.

I confirmed with him today that I could change color trim, or seat config (Just ordered a MX) without change in pricing.

Here's hoping!

I also have a 1154 RN and have never changed anything. All my order requirements are done and I confirmed that when we met a SA while test driving a MY for my wife two months ago.

Yet still nothing. Whenever I get close to my EDD I get pushed back. So frustrating given I sold my 2017 MS a month ago.

Reactions: TigerBoo
I also have a 1154 RN and have never changed anything. All my order requirements are done and I confirmed that when we met a SA while test driving a MY for my wife two months ago.

Yet still nothing. Whenever I get close to my EDD I get pushed back. So frustrating given I sold my 2017 MS a month ago.
Give them a call. They will find a car within 1-2 days with close specs.

Here's another data point for everyone:

RN 1155
Order date 8/28/21
Delivery in either Minnesota or Illinois (I live in WI and the legislature here is a group of jackasses)
No VIN yet.

Blue exterior
Black interior
19" wheels (I am ASTONISHED how many people get the more expensive and lower range 21" wheels??)
Yes to FSD

EDD upon order was March-April. It then later got changed to April-May for a while, and then more recently June-July. But since last Friday a week ago, the EDD has disappeared in my app and the website reads "TBD".

Contacted my advisor and didn't get any additional information other than that there did not appear it be any delays with my order, and that I should expect a delivery in my original EDD (which is obvi not possible since that was March-April).

Pretty annoyed but it sounds like others have it worse.